Contribute
Register

[Success] Music Production w/ Sierra + GA-Z170X-GAMING 7 + GTX 1050 Ti + Thunderbolt Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replaced the AppleHDA.kext with the version for Sierra, which is what i'm using 10.12.6 but it's still not working.
Also replaced the config.plist with the one you attached in the last post... after all that I rebuilt permissions and cache, rebooted, still no sound.

Also, the config.plist say's that i'm using a DDST.aml file but i don't have any loaded in my ACPI/patched folder.. does that sound right?

Any ideas? Really appreciate your help.
attached my ioreg

Huh. Sorry to hear about your audio situation. I’m using High Sierra over here and the audio just works. My initial MultiBeast build included the Realtek 100/et al drivers, that’s all i did. Hmm. Going to install the specter patch this weekend, will be interesting to see what that does to my audio (if anything).

Wern - i spent the last part of the day upgrading to High Sierra 10.13.2 and that seems to have magically fixed everything. I have sound and even volume control on my keyboard. Still no idea what the problem was on Sierra. Neve got it working.

Next up... fixing the dreaded iMessage :sick:

Thank you for all your help.
That's great. For iMessage i use the MLB and ROM from a MacPro that is no longer used. It works since years.

That's great. For iMessage i use the MLB and ROM from a MacPro that is no longer used. It works since years.
Interesting. I have a 2008 mac pro 3,1 that no longer boots up. (Reason i starting this whole journey) Do you know how i can get the MLB and ROM off that machine and use it for iMessage on the Hackintosh?
Thanks!

Interesting. I have a 2008 mac pro 3,1 that no longer boots up. (Reason i starting this whole journey) Do you know how i can get the MLB and ROM off that machine and use it for iMessage on the Hackintosh?
Thanks!
There is probably a sticker on the mainboard with the MLB. I fi remember right the ROM is the middle part from the Firewire MAC address, i'm not sure if it's printed somewhere.

There is probably a sticker on the mainboard with the MLB. I fi remember right the ROM is the middle part from the Firewire MAC address, i'm not sure if it's printed somewhere.
You were right, there's a sticker on the top right side of the old motherboards.

ramp - Were you ever able to get volume control working on you motherboard? I'm going line out to a set of speakers and when i try to adjust the volume from the keyboard, nothing. Mute doesn't work either. I've tried a few fixes but none work with our boards. You had any luck?

just reading through thread. audio works fine with same Gaming 7 mobo. 10.12.6 but not able to get volume control to work which is pretty annoying.
What was your process of updating to high sierra to fix the volume control.
Thanks. glad you got your rig to work.

Were you ever able to get iMessage working? Running into not being able to sign in.

Finally got my "broadcom" board in the mail (seems bootleg if you ask me, but whatever, it works) and after a bit of doing, I got iMessage working using all "idiots" guide found on this site. That said, in the last couple weeks, following the 10.13.3 update, I basically started over to deal with some of the dead-ends the 17,1 profile was causing me. I'm now using 14,2 and things seem much easier. If you end up having any trouble with the iMessage set-up, do let me know-- there's a step at the end, the part about installing the NVRAM emulation ("EmuVariableUefi-64" and "Install RC scripts on the target volume") which, as it turns out are essential for our board.

... that and of course making sure you have the intel ethernet port working too, which isn't in Insalada's original post, but I think we know that, right?

Finally got my "broadcom" board in the mail (seems bootleg if you ask me, but whatever, it works) and after a bit of doing, I got iMessage working using all "idiots" guide found on this site. That said, in the last couple weeks, following the 10.13.3 update, I basically started over to deal with some of the dead-ends the 17,1 profile was causing me. I'm now using 14,2 and things seem much easier. If you end up having any trouble with the iMessage set-up, do let me know-- there's a step at the end, the part about installing the NVRAM emulation ("EmuVariableUefi-64" and "Install RC scripts on the target volume") which, as it turns out are essential for our board.

... that and of course making sure you have the intel ethernet port working too, which isn't in Insalada's original post, but I think we know that, right?

Ahhh, good to know, thanks!

I was actually able to use the MLB and ROM numbers pulled of a very old Mac Pro 3,1 that I own and I haven't run into any issues with iMessage not working. It seems to work really well doing it that way so I didn't even bother messing with going though the whole 'idiots guide' thing.

The only thing left I'm trying to do now is get all the USP ports working...I have 2 x 3.0 and 2 x 2.0 on the front of the case.. they they are giving me really low speeds or don't work at all.

Oh also, I'm having a shutdown issue. When I go to shutdown sometimes it just hangs on my desktop, I don't have any finder menu options and I have to force a power cycle just to get the computer to turn off. It happens about 70% of the time.

Did you run into any of these yet?
Thanks man!

Benjamin— I don’t have the shutdown or any obvious USB issues, though I did find my usb3 performance lackluster compared to an esata connection when I was editing off an external drive. I chalked it up to usb data transfer being packet based as opposed to streaming a la esata or thunderbolt. Anyhow, I’m curious to know, if you did profile your ports speed, what tool(s) you used to do so. I’d be happy to compare if you’ve got a test I can run.

Also curious, what system profile are you using?

Benjamin— I don’t have the shutdown or any obvious USB issues, though I did find my usb3 performance lackluster compared to an esata connection when I was editing off an external drive. I chalked it up to usb data transfer being packet based as opposed to streaming a la esata or thunderbolt. Anyhow, I’m curious to know, if you did profile your ports speed, what tool(s) you used to do so. I’d be happy to compare if you’ve got a test I can run.

Also curious, what system profile are you using?
I'm using system profile 17,1 and it's been fine for me so far (minus the shutdown and USP port issues)
I actually didn't go about the process of profiling which USP ports I'm using or anything like that.. I basically just found someone on here with the same exact mobo who uploaded a copy of their USBInjectAll.kext and SSDT-USB.aml which I copied into the appropriate destinations. Then I looked at my system profile to and just sorta got a rough idea of the speed at which I was copying large video files, how quickly they were copying to get a rough idea. I should actually use a tool to get a better idea.

I was able to clone my drive over to a new Samsung NVMe M.2 860 EVO drive today and it's be a super fast upgrade with everything working great (knock on wood)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back