Contribute
Register

[Success] Music Production w/ Sierra + GA-Z170X-GAMING 7 + GTX 1050 Ti + Thunderbolt Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you tell me how you managed that I have HS working but without sound and I have tried the workflow of Wern Apfel.
Can you also posts the necessary kexts and config.plist
I'm also at the same point. The Wern Apfel fix hasn't worked for me yet.
I would like to thank Insalada, though, in helping me get my graphics card properly working. Big ups.

I would love to know how you got HS to install.. been killing myself for 4 days can't even get into the installer :( Just redid my Whole Sierra install to match this Sierra build, worked without a hitch, but can't get past apple boot screen after clover? Uggg

***Edit... Got it (too many default settings in config.plist) ****

Last edited:
Well, this thread convinced me to take on building my own customac with essentially this build (though I went with a 1050 ti ftw and m.2 drives), and on my third attempt I got the rig up and running... with audio following a different path... It is awesome. Haven’t bothered with iMessage yet, but stay for that, this thing is really complete. Thank you all for all the information you’ve posted. It’s been invaluable.

what does that flash thunderbolt tool do? I have the gc alpine ridge aic and i want to know if i could use that or not?

what does that flash thunderbolt tool do? I have the gc alpine ridge aic and i want to know if i could use that or not?

I didn’t try it because thunderbolt worked out of the box with this board.

insalada - it looks like we have a similar set-up. I'm trying to build a hackintosh for video editing, and I can't for the life of me try to get my system to load the Nvidia driver. I have tried every solution I can possibly find on this site and on youtube and nothing has worked. Can you please help me?

Here's what i'm working with:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7
CPU- i7 6700
Gigabyte Geforce 1080 G1 GPU
Crucial Ballistic Sport L7 32GB
Samsung 850 PRO 500GB
I believe i'm using 17,1 and i installed serria 10.12.6 (16G29)
all the latest drivers installed.

I installed the latest version of Clover and tried all these methods of getting the drivers to load. I'm able to get to my desktop. I just can't get it to use the drivers.. Sometimes the screen goes blank, sometimes it just looks slow and down rezed, choppy.

Any help would be much appreciated,
thanks

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 271
Last edited by a moderator:
insalada - it looks like we have a similar set-up. I'm trying to build a hackintosh for video editing, and I can't for the life of me try to get my system to load the Nvidia driver. I have tried every solution I can possibly find on this site and on youtube and nothing has worked. Can you please help me?

Here's what i'm working with:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7
CPU- i7 6700
Gigabyte Geforce 1080 G1 GPU
Crucial Ballistic Sport L7 32GB
Samsung 850 PRO 500GB
I believe i'm using 17,1 and i installed serria 10.12.6 (16G29)
all the latest drivers installed.

I installed the latest version of Clover and tried all these methods of getting the drivers to load. I'm able to get to my desktop. I just can't get it to use the drivers.. Sometimes the screen goes blank, sometimes it just looks slow and down rezed, choppy.

thanks

I don’t know if it makes a difference, but I had problems when I changed the system definitions to 17,1 so I changed it back to 14,2. Maybe try that and see what happens if you haven’t done already.

I don’t know if it makes a difference, but I had problems when I changed the system definitions to 17,1 so I changed it back to 14,2. Maybe try that and see what happens if you haven’t done already.

I was able to get it working last night. For me the trick was to re-run the Clover installer (for the 10th time) and select "Install RC scripts on target volume". This worked after trying all the other steps.

... and I realize that you already sorted your issue, but I’m leaving my comment in case it helps someone else...

Also, neither here nor there, I’m using the 17,1 profile.

thanks

I’ve got a very similar setup and had similar problems with my initial setup... my mistake, I forgot step 13 from insalada’s guide.

13) You will see NVIDIA Driver is not chosen yet, and OS X Driver is still selected though. Then run Clover EFI Bootloader v2 you downloaded before, and before start installation select Customize. Check the option EmuVariableUefi-64 within Drivers64Uefi. Proceed.

If not that, are you sure you have your Nvidia web flag set?

... and I realize that you already sorted your issue, but I’m leaving my comment in case it helps someone else...

Also, neither here nor there, I’m using the 17,1 profile.

I’ve got a very similar setup and had similar problems with my initial setup... my mistake, I forgot step 13 from insalada’s guide.

13) You will see NVIDIA Driver is not chosen yet, and OS X Driver is still selected though. Then run Clover EFI Bootloader v2 you downloaded before, and before start installation select Customize. Check the option EmuVariableUefi-64 within Drivers64Uefi. Proceed.

If not that, are you sure you have your Nvidia web flag set?

Oh nice, yeah it looks like you have the exact same card as me.. might be useful to keep in touch in the future to help each other out when we run into roadblocks or have issues.

You were exactly right about checking the option for EmuVariableUefi-64, i had forgotten that step and that's what did the trick. Up and running now and it looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back