Contribute
Register

[Success] Music Production w/ Sierra + GA-Z170X-GAMING 7 + GTX 1050 Ti + Thunderbolt Guide

Motherboard
GA-Z270X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Ok, it looks better now but the AppleALC.kext is not loaded. It should be @clover/kexts/Other folder, optionally Clover/kexts/10.12. Since Lilu.kext is loaded, make sure AppleALC is at the same place.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7
CPU
intel i7 - 6700
Graphics
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1080 G1
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok, it looks better now but the AppleALC.kext is not loaded. It should be @clover/kexts/Other folder, optionally Clover/kexts/10.12. Since Lilu.kext is loaded, make sure AppleALC is at the same place.
Still no sound.. I got the latest 1.2.2 AppleALC.kext and put them both in the 10.12 folder. Attached a new ioreg

View attachment 306895

Motherboard
GA-Z270X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
AppleALC still not loaded, is Lilu also the latest release?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7
CPU
intel i7 - 6700
Graphics
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
AppleALC still not loaded, is Lilu also the latest release?
Wern - i spent the last part of the day upgrading to High Sierra 10.13.2 and that seems to have magically fixed everything. I have sound and even volume control on my keyboard. Still no idea what the problem was on Sierra. Neve got it working.

Next up... fixing the dreaded iMessage :sick:

Thank you for all your help.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I replaced the AppleHDA.kext with the version for Sierra, which is what i'm using 10.12.6 but it's still not working.
Also replaced the config.plist with the one you attached in the last post... after all that I rebuilt permissions and cache, rebooted, still no sound.

Also, the config.plist say's that i'm using a DDST.aml file but i don't have any loaded in my ACPI/patched folder.. does that sound right?

Any ideas? Really appreciate your help.
attached my ioreg
Huh. Sorry to hear about your audio situation. I’m using High Sierra over here and the audio just works. My initial MultiBeast build included the Realtek 100/et al drivers, that’s all i did. Hmm. Going to install the specter patch this weekend, will be interesting to see what that does to my audio (if anything).

Motherboard
GA-Z270X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Wern - i spent the last part of the day upgrading to High Sierra 10.13.2 and that seems to have magically fixed everything. I have sound and even volume control on my keyboard. Still no idea what the problem was on Sierra. Neve got it working.

Next up... fixing the dreaded iMessage :sick:

Thank you for all your help.
That's great. For iMessage i use the MLB and ROM from a MacPro that is no longer used. It works since years.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7
CPU
intel i7 - 6700
Graphics
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
That's great. For iMessage i use the MLB and ROM from a MacPro that is no longer used. It works since years.
Interesting. I have a 2008 mac pro 3,1 that no longer boots up. (Reason i starting this whole journey) Do you know how i can get the MLB and ROM off that machine and use it for iMessage on the Hackintosh?
Thanks!

Motherboard
GA-Z270X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Interesting. I have a 2008 mac pro 3,1 that no longer boots up. (Reason i starting this whole journey) Do you know how i can get the MLB and ROM off that machine and use it for iMessage on the Hackintosh?
Thanks!
There is probably a sticker on the mainboard with the MLB. I fi remember right the ROM is the middle part from the Firewire MAC address, i'm not sure if it's printed somewhere.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7
CPU
intel i7 - 6700
Graphics
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
There is probably a sticker on the mainboard with the MLB. I fi remember right the ROM is the middle part from the Firewire MAC address, i'm not sure if it's printed somewhere.
You were right, there's a sticker on the top right side of the old motherboards.

Motherboard
Gigabyte z170x Gaming 7
CPU
i7 6700k Skylake
Graphics
Evga 1080 TI
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
ramp - Were you ever able to get volume control working on you motherboard? I'm going line out to a set of speakers and when i try to adjust the volume from the keyboard, nothing. Mute doesn't work either. I've tried a few fixes but none work with our boards. You had any luck?
just reading through thread. audio works fine with same Gaming 7 mobo. 10.12.6 but not able to get volume control to work which is pretty annoying.
What was your process of updating to high sierra to fix the volume control.
Thanks. glad you got your rig to work.