Contribute
Register

[Success] Music Production w/ Sierra + GA-Z170X-GAMING 7 + GTX 1050 Ti + Thunderbolt Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this thread convinced me to take on building my own customac with essentially this build (though I went with a 1050 ti ftw and m.2 drives), and on my third attempt I got the rig up and running... with audio following a different path... It is awesome. Haven’t bothered with iMessage yet, but stay for that, this thing is really complete. Thank you all for all the information you’ve posted. It’s been invaluable.

Were you ever able to get iMessage working? Running into not being able to sign in.

I haven't tried to get it working 100% because I'm waiting on this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Broadcom-BCM94360CD-802-11ac-1750Mbps-Desktop-PCi-E-WiFi-Adapter-Hackintosh-BT/132303186559?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

That said, I logged into icloud because I use it with my phone and laptop and when I just so happened to receive a text, it showed up in messages even though I had never launched it before. That said, it's inconsistent and only works at all when I'm plugged into the ethernet (and not via wifi) but, when I get the card, I plan on doing all the things... I'll let you/everyone know how it goes.

I haven't tried to get it working 100% because I'm waiting on this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Broadcom-BCM94360CD-802-11ac-1750Mbps-Desktop-PCi-E-WiFi-Adapter-Hackintosh-BT/132303186559?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

That said, I logged into icloud because I use it with my phone and laptop and when I just so happened to receive a text, it showed up in messages even though I had never launched it before. That said, it's inconsistent and only works at all when I'm plugged into the ethernet (and not via wifi) but, when I get the card, I plan on doing all the things... I'll let you/everyone know how it goes.

ramp - Were you ever able to get volume control working on you motherboard? I'm going line out to a set of speakers and when i try to adjust the volume from the keyboard, nothing. Mute doesn't work either. I've tried a few fixes but none work with our boards. You had any luck?

I also went for the line-out only solution on my motherboard because I run all my audio through a full sized mixer (I'm a video editor), but I also added a $7 USB audio adaptor to the back of my build, the addition of which gave me a headphone jack with audio control (Sabrent Aluminum USB External Stereo Sound Adapter). Funny thing, I bought that without really thinking, I've got a thunderbolt based audio interface in the form of a CalDigit Thunderbolt Hub which also works... Which I totally don't need anymore, but it's nice to know it's fully supported as well... and then my Blackmagic Design UltraStudio also works for audio output over SDI/HDMI... So, yeah, in response to your question-- I haven't got all of the mobo-based audio working, but I've got an embarrassment of options at my disposal.

I also added eSata ports directly off my motherboard to an unused PCI slot, which is kinda fun... but that's neither here nor there.

I also went for the line-out only solution on my motherboard because I run all my audio through a full sized mixer (I'm a video editor), but I also added a $7 USB audio adaptor to the back of my build, the addition of which gave me a headphone jack with audio control (Sabrent Aluminum USB External Stereo Sound Adapter). Funny thing, I bought that without really thinking, I've got a thunderbolt based audio interface in the form of a CalDigit Thunderbolt Hub which also works... Which I totally don't need anymore, but it's nice to know it's fully supported as well... and then my Blackmagic Design UltraStudio also works for audio output over SDI/HDMI... So, yeah, in response to your question-- I haven't got all of the mobo-based audio working, but I've got an embarrassment of options at my disposal.

I also added eSata ports directly off my motherboard to an unused PCI slot, which is kinda fun... but that's neither here nor there.
Nice man! I went ahead and ordered taht Sabrent USB external sound adapter you linked to just to see if I could get keyboard volume control using. Thanks for the recommendation. Hopefully it'll work. Right not i'm using the VoodooHDA kext to get my audio working.. might need to switch over to the AppleHDA.. who knows.

I thought about adding a eSata card, is there one you would recommend with this mobo?
Thanks

Try the AppleALC.kext, it should work with this mainboard. You have volume control, can use multichannel, headphones, microphones and soon the DSP stuff. Here some infos.

Try the AppleALC.kext, it should work with this mainboard. You have volume control, can use multichannel, headphones, microphones and soon the DSP stuff. Here some infos.
Thanks so much for your help wern. I removed the VoodooHDA files and double checked my config.plist to make sure the settings were correct.

I placed the AppleAlc.kext into my S/L/E folder by using kext wizard.. but it also put the CodecCommander.kext in there as well.. do you know how i can install it into the L/E folder instead? I'm on Sierra. 10.12.6
Thanks

Wern - wondering if you could help me out.
I have installed all the kexts in the correct locations, repaired permissions, cache, etc. Ticked off all the boxes but i'm still not getting any audio.

Installed the AppleHDA.kext and Lilu.kext to /S/L/E and CodecCommander to /L/E
removed voodooHDA.kext and HDADisabler.kext
tried layout-id at 0 and 1... neither worked.

sudo touch /Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Password:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext realtekALC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleIntelE1000e.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext Lilu.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext PinConfigs.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleALC.kext
kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily]: ___strlcat_chk
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Can't use IOHDAFamily.kext - not linked.
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController; omitting from prelinked kernel.
KernelCache ID: FF072557B13F6BAED0DDCEDA3E724350

Thanks so much for your help wern. I removed the VoodooHDA files and double checked my config.plist to make sure the settings were correct.

I placed the AppleAlc.kext into my S/L/E folder by using kext wizard.. but it also put the CodecCommander.kext in there as well.. do you know how i can install it into the L/E folder instead? I'm on Sierra. 10.12.6
Thanks
As long as you use Sierra, CodecCommander can remain @/S/L/E
Wern - wondering if you could help me out.
I have installed all the kexts in the correct locations, repaired permissions, cache, etc. Ticked off all the boxes but i'm still not getting any audio.

Installed the AppleHDA.kext and Lilu.kext to /S/L/E and CodecCommander to /L/E
removed voodooHDA.kext and HDADisabler.kext
tried layout-id at 0 and 1... neither worked.

sudo touch /Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Password:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext realtekALC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleIntelE1000e.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext Lilu.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext PinConfigs.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleALC.kext
kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily]: ___strlcat_chk
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Can't use IOHDAFamily.kext - not linked.
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController; omitting from prelinked kernel.
KernelCache ID: FF072557B13F6BAED0DDCEDA3E724350
Remove the realtekALC.kext, move Lilu and AppleALC to the Clover/kexts/Other folder.
Save and upload your IOReg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back