Contribute
Register

[Success] Music Production w/ Sierra + GA-Z170X-GAMING 7 + GTX 1050 Ti + Thunderbolt Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have exactly that configuration. Minus the graphic card.
Budget is tight. Will order a Gf Gtx 1050 Ti Sc Gaming next month.
Can I use the HD530 igpu meanwhile?

Cheers
J.

hey,
I have the same setup. Updated the bios (f7a).
but can't find that in the bios : * Peripherals > Super IO Configuration > Serial Port > Disabled
Everything else is ok tho.

Anyone? :confused:

@JayPee3, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I'm not sure what people are calling "clover screen" which in your case looks like a screen with a black background screen and drives appearing, while in the other cases I saw a light gray-background like with its cylinder-like drives, in the former case, in options, I found that the boot arg has already nv_disable=1 at the end of it, is it possible to encounter such?
Another annoying problem I'm experiencing is related to the check boxes you wanted to be Injected Nvidia Web flag(at multibeast), in my case I only got two options similar like yours, Inject NVIDIA, and NVIDIA web drivers boot flag, which one should I check. and unfortunately there's more, the web driver you asked is not supported in my macOS x, and so far I could only find web driver-378.05.05.25f01.pkg, which is perfectly compatible, but apparently not working properly, does AGDPfix work for this one, too?

Last edited:
Is there someone here that uses UAD-2 PCIE cards as the SOLO or DUO with the gigabyte z170x in their DAW?

Yes, I have HS and audio works flawless on my Gigabyte z170x Gaming 7.
May I ask you how you managed that! I have exactly the same MB and all is working without audio.

Yes, I have HS and audio works flawless on my Gigabyte z170x Gaming 7.
Can you tell me how you managed that I have HS working but without sound and I have tried the workflow of Wern Apfel.
Can you also posts the necessary kexts and config.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back