Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition + 4690K + EVGA GTX 960 + El Capitan + Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you able to access the mac app store ok? i have had issues with accessing MAS with the USB dongle.

Nice build!

Mac App Store works fine for me. Downloaded and ran Blackmagic disk speed test just fine. What do you mean by USB dongle? Are you having issues booting clover without a unibeast flash drive?

I can receive iMessages but it doesn't send. Says "not delivered" but I don't use iMessage on the computer. I will probably get it fully working by this weekend and I'll keep the thread updated with my findings/resolution.

thank you man,hope you can fix the iMessage issue.

congratulations! would be cool if you could run a luxmark test :)

thank you man,hope you can fix the iMessage issue.

Im sure I can ;) keep checking the thread for more info. I'll be buying an all in one wifi/Bluetooth solution for handoff features soon as well. I've established a new goal to become a golden build here on tonymac. I will be revamping my entire first post with more of a walk through on bios settings screenshots, boot args/flags, even overclock settings. The build definitely needs new photos to do it justice as well. I will be updating affiliate links with newegg and Amazon on top of that so anyone wishing to build the same can compare the cheapest price on the fly.

This is a clean, beautiful, powerful, yet very affordable build for anyone in the market looking to build a solid rig that's extremely capable for media/content creation and even gaming; thanks to the GTX 960.

You've got it! Work has me busy until Saturday so expect benchmark results then!

As you know I absolutely love your build. Just too rich for my blood, but, amazing build choices from start to finish.

Not to highjack your thread, but I'm curious if you could recommend a build, very similar to yours, around $1,000, but with a few Maybe a non oc'd cpu, a gtx 950 instead of a 960, smaller power supply, etc.? What do you think? Just curious.

luxmarkgpu.jpg

I ran the test but have no experience with Luxmark benchmarking. Not sure if 5526 is good or not?

Can someone chime in for me? :)

As you know I absolutely love your build. Just too rich for my blood, but, amazing build choices from start to finish.

Not to highjack your thread, but I'm curious if you could recommend a build, very similar to yours, around $1,000, but with a few Maybe a non oc'd cpu, a gtx 950 instead of a 960, smaller power supply, etc.? What do you think? Just curious.

You could just build the same thing except with a GTX 950 FTW Edition ;)

price.jpg

And add about a hundred bucks for a Samsung EVO 850 250gb SSD on NewEgg.

Overclocking is optional but encouraged with the water cooler ;)

To reduce the hardware costs more, but still have a decent build, you could get the I5-4590 and
an H97 motherboard. Reduce the PSU wattage to about 550 W, which is plenty for a 950 GPU.
Since you wouldn't be over-clocking this, get a good quality Noctua air cooler for less than what
the closed loop AIO cooler would cost. Should cut the cost down significantly with those 4 changes.

To reduce the hardware costs more, but still have a decent build, you could get the I5-4590 and
an H97 motherboard. Reduce the PSU wattage to about 550 W, which is plenty for a 950 GPU.
Since you wouldn't be over-clocking this, get a good quality Noctua air cooler for less than what
the closed loop AIO cooler would cost. Should cut the cost down significantly with those 4 changes.

This^^ It all comes down to what your budget is and what you'll be using the system for. But for a grand you can pretty much build what I've built. I would still opt for a Z97 board for a few bucks more since they typically have more/better IO rear panel options and ability to overclock if you upgrade the CPU in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back