Contribute
Register

[Success] MSI Z77A-G45 Clover Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just be aware if you are considering using parts from your existing build, hardware such as PSU would need to "Haswell Ready" or "Haswell Certified" this is also true with Skylake builds due to the lower CPU idle speeds. Memory on newer boards have become finicky and you should refer to the manufacturers Qualified Vendors List (QVL) and many 100 series use DDR4. Just a heads up.
Have you tried installing El Capitan with RehabMans's kexts from Post#17?

At the moment I cant even get the installer to run :(

The Mobo is on the modified 1.4 bios - i have tried a newer version, but also no success.

Just be aware if you are considering using parts from your existing build, hardware such as PSU would need to "Haswell Ready" or "Haswell Certified" this is also true with Skylake builds due to the lower CPU idle speeds. Memory on newer boards have become finicky and you should refer to the manufacturers Qualified Vendors List (QVL) and many 100 series use DDR4. Just a heads up.
Have you tried installing El Capitan with RehabMans's kexts from Post#17?

So I tried updating the bios as UEFI booting under the 1.4 bios was flaky. Then I added the kexts you linked in your post - and hey presto - the installer ran! Not only that, both ethernet and USB3.0 (both ports) are working! I have not even run multibeast yet! THANK YOU :clap::clap::clap:!!!!

So I tried updating the bios as UEFI booting under the 1.4 bios was flaky. Then I added the kexts you linked in your post - and hey presto - the installer ran! Not only that, both ethernet and USB3.0 (both ports) are working! I have not even run multibeast yet! THANK YOU :clap::clap::clap:!!!!
You're welcome, credits to RehabMan for the kexts. Glad it worked for you. Ethernet is on the UniBeast USB/EFI so this explains why it is working. When you run MultiBeast you can install ethernet including the 7/8/9 Series USB fix that will install those kexts to your system drive servicing your USB 3 ports.

You're welcome, credits to RehabMan for the kexts. Glad it worked for you. Ethernet is on the UniBeast USB/EFI so this explains why it is working. When you run MultiBeast you can install ethernet including the 7/8/9 Series USB fix that will install those kexts to your system drive servicing your USB 3 ports.

Excellent! I'll have to try this out in a month or two!

Good luck with the thesis. If and when you install El Capitan you could try adding FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext to your UniBeast installer. Install to EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11.
Reference to latest kexts here under 7/8/9 series: CustoMac Desktop USB Fixes - OS X 10.11 El Capitan - Reference ...

Thank you guys so much!

I just followed your procedure and am now running Clover + El Capitan, also without loss of data since I just overwrote my Yosemite install. It was definitely a BIOS issue - I tried first installing the kexts whilst staying on the patched 1.40 BIOS and it failed, but upgrading to the latest 1.B0 version fixed all the issues. I just had to boot using nv_disable=1 and then install the latest web drivers for my 980Ti. Everything feels much snappier, relative to Yosemite.

As you say, I haven't tried sleep but I don't really care much. In my opinion, sleep on a desktop is an obsolete function given that most people have SSDs. USB 3 is much more important to me, and that works fine.

The only thing I have to sort out is Windows not appearing on the Clover menu, but I think this is because I installed it using legacy MBR. For now I just have to use the BIOS menu, but I think there may be a way to convert a W10 install to UEFI whilst preserving data. That will be my next mission.

Thank you guys so much!

I just followed your procedure and am now running Clover + El Capitan, also without loss of data since I just overwrote my Yosemite install. It was definitely a BIOS issue - I tried first installing the kexts whilst staying on the patched 1.40 BIOS and it failed, but upgrading to the latest 1.B0 version fixed all the issues. I just had to boot using nv_disable=1 and then install the latest web drivers for my 980Ti. Everything feels much snappier, relative to Yosemite.

As you say, I haven't tried sleep but I don't really care much. In my opinion, sleep on a desktop is an obsolete function given that most people have SSDs. USB 3 is much more important to me, and that works fine.

The only thing I have to sort out is Windows not appearing on the Clover menu, but I think this is because I installed it using legacy MBR. For now I just have to use the BIOS menu, but I think there may be a way to convert a W10 install to UEFI whilst preserving data. That will be my next mission.

I've been running this board since early 2013. Currently on 10.11.6 and the only function that doesn't run properly is sleep, which isn't important to me anyway. I've also been running the beta test of Sierra on a separate drive. Had to change the system def from 3,1 to MacMini 6,2 though. Haven't done a lot of testing with it but early indications are that the Z77MA-G45 will work with the final release of Sierra.

Cheers!

@Blue_Ocean I know this is a LATE reply, but do you have that Patched 1B.0 BIOS for the Z77MA-G45 or know where I could download it? Thanks SO MUCH!

few days ago just installed with succes high sierra on same mobo msi z77-g45, intel 3770k 16gb ram and nvidia gtx970g1

Hey guys ^^
I managed to install Mac OS X Yosemite with Clover on my current build:
MSI Z77A-G45
Intel Core i5 3570K
MSI GTX760 TwinFrozr 2GB (Worked OOB)
8GB RAM
1TB WDC

So... before getting into the steps to install Yosemite, I patched my BIOS, patching the BIOS on this motherboard saves a lot of trouble and kernel panics, plus, you get native powermanagement, sleep working, etc.
The first step:
My first step was patching the BIOS, I patched version 2.A0
In order to do so you need to update your BIOS to that version from MSI's official BIOS and then re-patch with the pacthed version (I'll attach the BIOS's)
  1. Download Official Update from this post
  2. Place E7752IMS.2A0 in s USB Drive
  3. Reboot and use M-Flash Utility from BIOS to update
  4. Boot into your current OS and do the same but with Patched Update

After that:
After patching BIOS I followed tonymac's guide on how to install Yosemite with Clover: How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover
The only difference was that I didn't need the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext at any moment and everything worked perfectly with no trouble
If you don't have a Mac or Hackintosh to download Yosemite and to make the bootable USB, you can always run Mavericks or Mountain Lion on VMWare to do so. In my case I had Mountain Lion installed on my Acer Aspire 5738DZG and I could follow the steps.

Post-Installation:
Only thing that didn't work after installation was the sound, but it's easily fixable thanks to toleda's guide on fixing No Audio Devices and then Audio (both for Clover)
The guide I followed is in the PDF at the end of the post. After following the guide in the PDF I just followed this (again thanks to toleda for the guide):
  1. First follow PDF and then this
  2. Installation - cloverALC

• Download: (View Raw) audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip
  • Open audio_cloverALC-100.command
  • Confirm Realtek ALC (y/n) (892 for this motherboard)
  • Legacy_v100202 (y/n) (Not for this motherboard)
  • Clover Audio ID (y/n) (I put yes)
  • Restart
  • Audio is working!!

Well... I hoped it helped someone, thanks for reading and if any questions don't hesitate in asking :DView attachment 134559
View attachment 134560
View attachment 134561

It may help someone so... I fixed my audio issue with Pierre's tip (used 'audio_cloverALC-130.command' instead)
Running 10.13.1 on MSI Z77A-G41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back