1. 0
Hey guys ^^
I managed to install Mac OS X Yosemite with Clover on my current build:
MSI Z77A-G45
Intel Core i5 3570K
MSI GTX760 TwinFrozr 2GB (Worked OOB)
8GB RAM
1TB WDC

So... before getting into the steps to install Yosemite, I patched my BIOS, patching the BIOS on this motherboard saves a lot of trouble and kernel panics, plus, you get native powermanagement, sleep working, etc.
The first step:
My first step was patching the BIOS, I patched version 2.A0
In order to do so you need to update your BIOS to that version from MSI's official BIOS and then re-patch with the pacthed version (I'll attach the BIOS's)
  1. Download Official Update from this post
  2. Place E7752IMS.2A0 in s USB Drive
  3. Reboot and use M-Flash Utility from BIOS to update
  4. Boot into your current OS and do the same but with Patched Update

After that:
After patching BIOS I followed tonymac's guide on how to install Yosemite with Clover: How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover
The only difference was that I didn't need the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext at any moment and everything worked perfectly with no trouble
If you don't have a Mac or Hackintosh to download Yosemite and to make the bootable USB, you can always run Mavericks or Mountain Lion on VMWare to do so. In my case I had Mountain Lion installed on my Acer Aspire 5738DZG and I could follow the steps.

Post-Installation:
Only thing that didn't work after installation was the sound, but it's easily fixable thanks to toleda's guide on fixing No Audio Devices and then Audio (both for Clover)
The guide I followed is in the PDF at the end of the post. After following the guide in the PDF I just followed this (again thanks to toleda for the guide):
  1. First follow PDF and then this
  2. Installation - cloverALC

• ​Download: (View Raw) audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip
  • Open audio_cloverALC-100.command
  • Confirm Realtek ALC (y/n) (892 for this motherboard)
  • Legacy_v100202 (y/n) (Not for this motherboard)
  • Clover Audio ID (y/n) (I put yes)
  • Restart
  • Audio is working!!

Well... I hoped it helped someone, thanks for reading and if any questions don't hesitate in asking :DView attachment [Guide]-Add_HDEF-Clover.pdf
View attachment OfficialUpdate.zip
View attachment PatchedUpdate.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you add Clover UEFI Boot option to the MSI BIOS? My EFI partition is formatted FAT32 yet I still cant see it upon boot. I have a MSI Z77MA-G45 but I'd imagine the BIOS are similar. I tried using the Clover option (on Boot) to add the UEFI entries but nothing shows up in my BIOS. I'm using BIOS 1.40 patched.

Thanks!

sorry can you help me? i don't understand how to make the audio work.. can you explain me ..? thank you

@Badhonkey
You need to update the BIOS to a newer version. I had the same issue, the UEFI option is available from v. 1.7+ I believe.

Though this means you lose the patch. I haven't been able to patch the BIOS above 1.4

Hello, I've seen your topic about successful build with msi z77a-g45 using clover bootloader. http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/162209-success-msi-z77a-g45-clover-install.html - here

I'd like to ask you about that. My motherboard and cpu are equal with yours. So I suppose you can help me with that.
I have a problem with my sound, alc892. I followed your topic to install mac os but when I made my sound working using toleda guid I have a sound problem.

Sound is working but after pause(1-2minutes) I hear scratch sound if I make any action to sound. But sound is working good for a period of time. I surfing via internet and found that it is because of turning off and turning on sound system with imac 13,2 system definition. It says when there is no sound audio system is turning off after pause and when you are making any act to sound it's turning on again and make scratch sound as you can hear when the computer is turning on.

Do you have this problem? Thanks in advance.

Hey guys ^^
I managed to install Mac OS X Yosemite with Clover on my current build:
MSI Z77A-G45
Intel Core i5 3570K
MSI GTX760 TwinFrozr 2GB (Worked OOB)
8GB RAM
1TB WDC

So... before getting into the steps to install Yosemite, I patched my BIOS, patching the BIOS on this motherboard saves a lot of trouble and kernel panics, plus, you get native powermanagement, sleep working, etc.
The first step:
My first step was patching the BIOS, I patched version 2.A0
In order to do so you need to update your BIOS to that version from MSI's official BIOS and then re-patch with the pacthed version (I'll attach the BIOS's)
  1. Download Official Update from this post
  2. Place E7752IMS.2A0 in s USB Drive
  3. Reboot and use M-Flash Utility from BIOS to update
  4. Boot into your current OS and do the same but with Patched Update

After that:
After patching BIOS I followed tonymac's guide on how to install Yosemite with Clover: How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover
Well... I hoped it helped someone, thanks for reading and if any questions don't hesitate in asking :DView attachment 134559
View attachment 134560
View attachment 134561

How did you patch your BIOS? I am having lots of issues with my OS El Capitan install and wondering if there is a newer version of the X99A BIOS patch that would make this install a lot cleaner? Hope you can suggest something for me?

For some reason, I wasn't able to update to the patched bios in M-Flash (or any update for that matter) after downgrading to the older bios version.

I have a MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming board... does this bios work with it? I tried putting the bios on a USB stick and MFlash did recognise any bios?

Also can you post your bios and Clover config settings so I can double check I havent messed them up.

Hi,

Have you managed to get El Capitan installed on your Z77MA-G45? I have the same mobo and want to give it a try - but also keen to not waste loads of time if its a non-starter

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back