Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon - Intel™ Core® i7-7700K-Corsair RGB 16GB RAM - AMD RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no issue; work great for almost 2 years now. I also increase up to 32GB.

Nice write up!

I'm using a MSI Z390 Gaming Edge plus AC with Intel i7-9700K and RTX 2080. Any specific settings you recommend? 2x8GB 3200MHz RAM.

Also, I get an error when trying to generate config in Clover, saying things in line 1 is unexpected, and boot doesn't match download? Very confused.

Hi Simo241, still out there? We keep bringing this thread back to life lol.

I see you've updated your profile to RX 580 + GTX 1080a and Mojave -- I guess you got sick of not having web drivers for the 1080? I've stayed on High Sierra for now.... but would like to up date. I've got the 1080 which I want to keep for windows gaming, and would probably get an AMD for Mac stuff (I don't need anything very powerful)... how's the experience with the two cards? Do you need to switch between them at boot etc? How does it work?

I keep the input connected to the rx580 till the boot screen that after I select windows I need to select the input connected to the gtx 1080, I very rarely use windows so I am thinking to sell boot grafic card and just buy a Vega 64

Thanks for your response. I switch back and forth from Mac to Windows quite a lot so I'm looking for an elegant and easy solution to run two cards.... without having to physically unplug each time etc.

Did you get a proper USB configuration on this motherboard?

Hi, @simo241, late reply: all the USB ports work as USB 2 (including the ones requiring jumpers, and a pice card I put in). The only ports that seem to work properly as USB 3 are the 3 x 'VR' ports on this particular physical motherboard. I haven't tested them extensively and can't say if their real-world performance in actually USB 3 level.

In case it helps, System profiler shows:
USB 3.0 Bus:
Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBXHCISPT
USB 3.1 Bus:
Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBXHCIPCI

By the way, @simo241, if you're still using duel booting with 2 cards, did you try anything like this... ?

Sorry, but right now I can not help you. I will be not home for the next 3 months.

Hi everyone! Thanks for this amazing tutorial.

I managed to install Mojave on the same build as @MarsKat, but can't solve my problem :
When I boot on my USB to Install Mojave, my 970 Evo M.2 NVMe SSD doesn't appear in device...

I've tried to add "Nvmespress.efi", "apfs.efi", no change.
My SSD is well detected in the BIOS, but Mojave install won't let him appear....

Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back