Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon - Intel™ Core® i7-7700K-Corsair RGB 16GB RAM - AMD RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth; I found that the macOS booted reliably every other time from Clover (failing / booting alternately). If I booted to Windows in between, macOS seemed to 'need' one failed boot attempt again, before success the next time.

...and that was good enough to start focusing on trying to get other stuff to work, so I left it at that (for now).

Yes i have i solve replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv or with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, and now is ok

Thanks, gonna do a fresh install following this guide and use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

Many thanks guys, just finished the installation following both guides. Everything is working great so far, I was having the same prohibited sign problem but after replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi it seems to be fixed

Many thanks guys, just finished the installation following both guides. Everything is working great so far, I was having the same prohibited sign problem but after replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi it seems to be fixed
That's great. Did you get the audio to work too (both our motherboards have the same Realtek ALC1220 Codec chipset)? I did not.
(Also had a very weird thing which may be related: You Tube videos could play (in Safari) but once paused, would not resume - very odd as you'd think that's all browser based and nothing to do with drivers etc - have you noticed that?)

Yes, got audio to work using the patches from MultiBeast (ALC1220 and 100/200 Series Audio) + Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext (as in the Audio Method Two part in the guide). I don't have any problems with YouTube videos, in both Safari and FireFox. Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration?

Hey guys, can you help me, I still can't get the audio working :(

I'm on a MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon and I've followed the guide, then all the 'troubleshooting' sub-threads but I still don't see any audio devices (in Systems Report, or in Systems Preferences > Sound). I'm on 10.13 (High Sierra).

Please can you tell me (my similar motherboaders) what settings you're using/what you did?

In config.plist what Audio value are you injecting (1,2,5,7,11)?
(with reference to CloverCongifuratior) Do you have ResetHDA checked?
(with reference to CloverCongifuratior) In Acpi > DSDT pactches; do you have "change" HDAS to HDEF ... or "rename" HDAS to HDEF ... ?

What versions of
AppleALC.kext
Lilu.kext
Shiki.kext
are you using? ie version 1.2.2

Are there any other settings or kexts which I might've overlooked?

Thanks in advance!

You have to run MultiBeast twice per MacMan's instructions in the latest MultiBeast release announcement. See the Please Note paragraph > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/multibeast-10-2-update.240823/

After your initial MultiBeast run/install, reboot and just select your two audio configuration options (Step 3 in Post #1), install and reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back