i want to buy a complete system to build an Hackintosh with following parts:

Intel Core i7 5820K
32GB Crucial CT4K4G4DFS8213 DDR4*2133 DIMM CL16
2x
500GB Crucial MX200 2.5
Gainward GeForce GTX 980
MSI X99S SLI PLUS
600 Watt be quiet!

I know that i have to switch the GFX cards to install the GTX 980. So i need to buy a second one.
I want to buy a very cheap one like
"1024MB EVGA GeForce 210 "

What do you think? Can i run the GeForce 210 for switching, to install the GTX 980?

Motherboard
MSI X99s Sli Plus
CPU
i7-5930k
Graphics
Nvidia Ref. GTX 980
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a very similar setup,

MSI X99S SLI Plus
Intel Core i7-5930k (6-core 3.5)
Nvidia Reference GTX 980
16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum
OS X Yosemite 10.10.4

For ease of installation, I've been using my old R9 280x for setup, because it has native support with 10.10 and I don't have to fiddle with my GTX 980.

So I've rebooted from OS X Installation, booted back into the installation environment on USB (before I've created my user account etc.) and re did the kernel via the terminal command (i.e. cp of kernel from USB to Yosemite partition kernel), I can only boot if I use these flags

npci=0x2000 cpus=1 -x -v

If I take off safe mode and verbose I kp. If I leave just verbose on it'll freeze. The last thing mentioned on one of the failed boot attempts was AppleUSBAudio or something, but I don't know if I can just kill that or what is 'normal' to troubleshoot this kind of thing. I keep getting super generic 'how to troubleshoot' whenever I google or browse around.

I booted using the above mentioned flags and ran multiebeast, unchecking everything I could except system definition of 6,1 , the 6 core haswell-e fix, the chimera boot loader, leaving DSDT on free, and whatever else it wouldn't let me 'uncheck.' I didn't bother with audio yet, I figured I'd tackle one problem at a time.

edit: I looked more closely at some of the failed boots and one of them mentions IOAudioFamily not found, and then the next line is AppleUSBAudio failing to load because of a dependency error.
I also swapped out my R9 280x out and put my GTX 980 in and it won't boot. It'll freeze at IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed. But it won't let me type and it's frozen

Motherboard
MSI MPower X99S
CPU
5960x
Graphics
GTX Titan X
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have a MSI MPower X99S with an Intel 5960x.

no success :(

Motherboard
MSI X99S Sli Plus
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
Radeon R9 290X
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Does anyone of you guys have the Chimera booting from the harddisk?

I have OSX Yosemite running, but I am not able to boot without the stick. When I try to boot without it (after Multibeast) I'll get the "Reboot and select proper boot device [...]" message. Hopefully someone can suggest some Bios settings. I reseted my Bios disabled CFG Lock and V-DT but that won't fix my problem.

OSX is running fine with i7 5820k, 32GB Ram and a r9 290x...

Thanks & Cheers!

EDIT: I solved the problem by cloning the disk to another one with MBR then I installed multibeast again.

Last edited:
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I am having similar issue with my build.

Asus x99-e WS
2x Titan X

I can't get the NVIDIA installer to work at all. I can get a clean install of OSX (10.10.5) going, but the installer keeps failing at the validation stage. Is that what was happening to you?

Motherboard
Gigabyte X99m Gaming 5
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Yosemite X99s SLI PLUS Hackintosh - Clover USB Installer. *UEFI

Hi guys. I'm having some trouble with my build. Tonymacx86 recommends using the Clover bootloader, and this tutorial I think uses MultiBeast and UniBeast, so I think there is a gap somewhere in the directions for getting this motherboard to post. I listed my parts below. I'm stuck in a boot loop when I try to load the installer. I listed everything I've done so far, step by step so maybe someone can guide me in the right direction.

Build:

MSI X99S Sli Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7-5820k (6 Core)
Corsair H60 Hydro series CPU Cooler
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2400 Memory
EVGA GeForce GTX 950 SuperClocked 2GB
EVGA 110-B2-0850-V2 850W Bronze Plus Semi-Modular Power Supply
NZXT Phantom H440 Matte Black Case

Prep

- USB Flash Drive 8gb+
- A temp GPU - A known working nvida graphic card (in my case new: EVGA Geforce 8400 GS).
- a working computer running mac os x.

Replace GTX950 card with the temp card.

Clover Boot Drive
  • Downloaded Clover from http://sourceforge.n.../cloverefiboot/
    • Now Install Clover r3320 (or newer) to the Install USB.
    • Format a 8 GB+ USB with GUID partition mapping and name it “Install”.
    • Ensure the OS X Yosemite.app is in your Application folder.
    • In terminal run the following script.
    • sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --nointeraction

This will take several minutes so be patient.
  • Be sure you select "Install for UEFI booting only" while installing.
  • Download Clover Configurator at: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=10
  • Run Clover Configurator, under Tools -> Mount EFI -> Mount EFI partition
  • You should be about to see an EFI drive in you Finder. Remove and replace the EFI folder with this package : https://www.dropbox....v5/EFI.zip?dl=0.

Clover usb
  • Boot USB to Clover, highlight "Install OS X Yosemite", hit spacebar and choose "without caches" and install Yosemite.

The Problem

• OsxAptioFixDrv: AllocateRelocBlock(): can not allocate relocation block (0x16687 pages below 0x100000000) error appears.

• According one of the contributors to Clover, the error is stemming a firmware bug distributed to X99 motherboard manufacturers. Essentially there is a memory allocation issue with the PCIe cards. Multiple manufacturers are affected.

The Workaround from Nick Woodman's site:

"What I needed to do was recompile Clover from source with an edited OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi memory allocation file. I then included that file along with the regular OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi file in the /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI folder.
  • Changes to OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi were simply editing 0x10000000 to 0x20000000.
  • The way it works is that it loads the edited OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi file first and wipes out the entire memory allocation table up to 0x20000000. I renamed the recompiled version to Test2.efi to avoid the confusion.
  • Then it loads the regular OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi file and proceeds booting as normal because the memory addresses the system is trying to use have been freed up.

UEFI Drivers

Here are the drivers you should load into your /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI boot drive.
  • Test2.efi(custom recompiled ver.)
    Test2.efi Backup Link
  • OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
  • EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
  • HFSPlus.efi
  • OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
  • FSInject-64.efi

Caveats

My board was actually flashed to the latest bios (v1.8) But I've included this as part of the work around Nick Woodman suggests.

"Even after the custom file was added to the drivers64UEFI folder, you may still get the error. I certainly did, which made me think the solution did not work. It's nonsensical and crazy what I had to do next."
  • Download your latest motherboard firmware to a USB drive.
  • Boot into BIOS.
  • Back up any custom motherboard settings. On the X99-UD5 you can just save a profile to the external USB drive.
  • Flash your motherboard with the newest firmware. It takes a few minutes. When completed, choose reboot.

• Once you’ve re-booted to USB, select your SSD or HD to complete the installation.
  • Finish the first stage of the installation.
  • After the system reboot, still boot via your USB and still select Install Yosemite on your USB drive. The system will continue the previous incomplete installation.
Post-installation
  • Install Clover to your boot drive.
  • install your kexts to S/L/E or use Clover to inject kexts from EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10
  • Boot Flags: npci=0x2000 | nvda_drv=1 | kext-dev-mode=1 | dart=0 | usekernelcache=no | nv_disable=1

This is where I get a boot loop....

• Set your SMBIOS to Mac pro 4,1
  • Install Nvidia Web driver
  • Reboot your system and make sure everything works.
  • Replace Graphic card back to gtx 950
  • Reboot
  • Install attached HDA package to get the audio working VoodooHDA-v2.8.7.pkg.zip.
  • * turn all input gain to 0 if you hear noise.

Attached Files

Packages
Clover: http://sourceforge.n.../cloverefiboot/
Clover Configurator at: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=10

Motherboard
MSI X99S SLI Plus
CPU
i7-5820k
Graphics
MSI GTX 960 2GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi InfaSyn - have you made any progress since this post? I'm stuck at the same point and about to give up... :banghead:

Cheers!

Motherboard
MSI X99S SLI Plus
CPU
Intel 5820k
Graphics
Zotac GTX970
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone. My friend and I bought new gaming machines last week. He bought his machine with Hackintoshing in mind. I had no intention on trying but thought it would be fun after the fact, I bought all of these components without checking compatibility but it worked out well.

Build:
Motherboard: MSI X99S Sli Plus
CPU: Intel Core i7-5820k (6 Core)
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4 2400
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX980 SuperClocked 4GB
PSU: EVGA 110-B2-0850-V1 850W Bronze Plus Semi-Modular Power Supply
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 (Irrelevant)
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 (Irrelevant)

Working/Not Working:
Right now everything is working, the Hackintosh uses all my CPU cores and works with the GTX980 very well. Even onboard audio ports front and back are working with these audio drivers.
https://www.mediafire.com/?0pvyzevz5ng8bbe

I have not tried HDMI audio.

Important/Caution:
First off, no matter what I did, I could not get the installer to work with the GTX980. Because the board does not have integrated graphics I had to find a graphic card that worked out of the box. Luckily I had a very old Nvidia Geforce 8600 GTS that worked. (I am aware that nv_disable=1 is a boot option but that didn't work for me.)

Bios Settings:
I didn't flash/update my BIOS. It is set to version 1.3 which is factory defaults for this board.
I set CFG Lock to disabled and VT-d to disabled.

Tasks/How To:
  1. Make a Unibeast installer following the X99 guide. (Steps 1-3) http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...motherboard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-10-a.html
  2. In order to boot I had to use the following boot flags.

• -v (optional, shows you what is happening)
  • -x (safe mode, to get it to install)
  • npci=0x2000
  • GraphicsEnabler=Yes (this is specific to my Nvidia 8600, you may or may not need this)
  • UseKernelCache=No (Yes was causing kernel panics)
  • cpus=1 (From the X99 guide, to get the installer not to crash)
3. After I installed I continued with the X99 guide.(Steps 4-7)
4. After the install I installed Multibeast/Chimera. Ethernet worked out of the box and here is the package I used for audio again https://www.mediafire.com/?0pvyzevz5ng8bbe
5. I also installed the Nvidia web drivers.
6. I took my temporary graphics card out and threw in my GTX980 using new boot flags, GraphicsEnabler=No and nvda_drv=1.
7. From that point on I was able to boot without safe/verbose mode but I kept using npci=0x2000 and UseKernelCache=No as my boot flags.

To Do:
I am going to check out HDMI audio here in the next few days, if I get that working I will update this guide with instructions. (I will also update with pictures)

Thanks
I spent several days reading a plethora of posts from this site, and others. There is no one person I could thank but I appreciate the support from everyone and I hope this guide will help someone else.

-JC
Hey JC, I am very glad to find your post. I got the same MoBo and CPU as yours and different video and memory but I'm sure they will work. I was worried that the MSI x99 sli + and 5820k would be incompatible with hackingtosh. it's all together with windows 7 at the moment. i think I would like to get a wifi card first though b4 I install mac os x. Anyways, I'm real glad to hear that yours is up and running and again very happy to find your post. John

Motherboard
MSI X99S SLI Plus
CPU
Intel 5820k
Graphics
Zotac GTX970
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi InfaSyn - have you made any progress since this post? I'm stuck at the same point and about to give up... :banghead:

Cheers!
Hi Pocrolui, Wondering if possibly you made any headway since you were last here. I got the same MoBo and CPU as you and InfaSyn. I also got same messages as InfaSyn. My first Hack, I was really hoping for it to be as easy as I heard it would be.

Sunk

Status
Not open for further replies.