Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI +32Gb DDR5 + i9-13900K + Radeon RX 6800 XT (Replacing RX6900XT)

The only issue that persist is this: after wake from sleep often (but not always) bluetooth doesn't work!
Not even with terminal command sudo pkill bluetoothhd...
I've to hope, but after a while (10.. 30...60min...?) BT restarts!

For WiFi I moved to (https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless) --> itlwm.kext
The only small annoyance is that you have to use Heliport (see https://openintelwireless.github.io/HeliPort/Installation.html)

With itlwm.kext (of course removing AirportItlwm.kext) - at least for now - Bluetooth seems working better after wake from sleep (better is not equal than "works"!)
--> UPDATE: false! After deep sleep... same problem! After short cycle sleep/wake... BT works... after deep sleep/wake BT doesn't works!

As workaround I'm using bluesnooze as described here (thx to jaymonkey for the suggestion)

After first few days of use... I confirm that Heliport and bluesnooze are a good workaround... you can use your hackintosh forgetting that you are using Heliport and bluesnooze.
But BT is still capricious and unpredictable!

UPDATE (November 30th 2023): in 80-90% of wake (also after deep sleep) works!
But some times is "off"... and turn on after a while...
Why?
:(

I'll update the main EFI folder if confirmed in the next days.

You can use the new (here attached) EFI_0.9.6_Sonoma_24-11-23.zip if interested in.

NOTE: Heliport start slownly... (few seconds) so be patient!
... and pay attention to the small grey icon that you may not see :)

Attachments

• EFI_0.9.6_Sonoma_24-11-23.zip
    28 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Screenshot 2023-12-02 alle 21.51.40.png

add this info to config.plist

NOTE: it's just a cosmetic issue.

Is your benchmark good for your cpu?

Last edited:
Hi friends
please explain how to fix CPU information for i9-13900K?
Because about this Mac show wrong information.
Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 3.14.55 AM.png

Thanks for your support.

First "on the field" test today...
Exported a 67 min movies in iMovie (4k, 30fps) in less than 18 min....
My previous hackintosh (9900K with Vega 64, 32Gb RAM) normally takes the same time to export as the length of the movie (for example: to export 1h of editing in 4k/30fp it took about 1h).
Now... more than 3x faster!
Great thing!!!

Last edited:
Hi friend! I plan to create new hackintosh by using your reference except CPU. I ordered a 14600KF. Can you tell me please what should I edit to make it work? Thank you and have a nice day!)

Hi friend! I plan to create new hackintosh by using your reference except CPU. I ordered a 14600KF. Can you tell me please what should I edit to make it work? Thank you and have a nice day!)
I think you have to test how my EFI works.
Intel 14x00K/KF should works without any modification.
The frequency vector is the only part that you have to test, but I can't help you without the CPU.

Last edited:
Hi pulpinex,
I'm Italian too.
I won't deny that your build made me want to build a hackintosh again, and as you said I think it will be the last, given the development now on Macs with Apple Silicon.
But I have some hesitations about the final cost of the machine. For heaven's sake, very powerful. But by making a self-estimate of the components, respecting your mobo, cpu and gpu base, and changing some other components from other brands than yours, in any case I arrive at a build that goes from €2400 to €2600. What to say? At these figures, Macs with M2Pro or M3 are starting to appear, which have scary performances to say the least.

In case I start assembling this machine you will surely see me here and maybe I will contact you! :)

I'm thinking about it a lot.
Thanks for the inspiration and for your work on every Hackintosh Software installation test.

Back