Contribute
Register

[Success] MSI H77MA-G43, Intel Core i5, Zotac Geforce GTX 650 Ti Boost, 4K monitor with DisplayPort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
CPU
Intel i7-4790K
Graphics
nVidia GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all! This is my first post in this forum so i'll try to be as clear as possible :)
(Oh i'm italian so forgive me if i make some english mistakes)

After a lot of attempts to install Yosemite 10.10.0 on my computer i finally made it.
In the first 2 attempts i had a issue with the "kernel-task" process that was literally eating my Ram, but at the moment i found how to avoid that problem.

So let's start:
- First of all install Yosemite on your computer (i used a Bootable USB)
- Complete the installation with your preferences (language, date, ecc...)
- When the installation is finished, wait the Hackintosh to "repair permissions" (the notification at the top-right corner), this will take some time, like 10 minutes for me.
- When it's finished it will prompt you a little window asking to "Fix App Store on this Mac". CLICK NO!
(I FOUND THAT FIXING APPSTORE WILL START THE KERNEL-TASK ISSUE, AND YOU CAN'T REVERT THIS OPERATION!).

Now let's talk about the post-installation:
- Download Multibeast for Yosemite (http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=252) and start it.
- DON'T select any options under the "Quick Start" tab, we are going to select only what we really need.
- Go to the Drivers tab and select:
--- Audio > Realtek ALC892
--- Misc > EvOreboot, FakeSMC, FakeSMC Plugins, USB 3.0 - Universal (this one is optional)
--- Network > RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90
- Go to Bootloaders tab and select Chimera v4.0.1
- Go to Customize tab and select:
--- Boot > Basic Boot Options, Hibernate Mode - Desktop
--- System Definitions > Mac Pro 3,1
--- Themes > Tonymacx86 Black (Here select what you want)
- Finally go to the Build tab, click Install, agree, insert password and wait. When the installation is finished, Reboot the computer.

Other things to do:
- Once you have rebooted the computer after Multibeast installation, you can open the App Store and go to Updates tab, so you can update Yosemite from 10.10.0 to 10.10.1.- If you use graphic softwares like Adobe products or something else, you may want to install the CUDA Drivers from Nvidia (http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html).

Notes:
- If you have a 4K Monitor (like me :p) during the first part of the installation you need to be connected with HDMI and not DisplayPort. Once you rebooted after Multibeast installation, you can use DisplayPort with 60Hz :)
- With this Motherboard you will have some trouble using the Input audio Jack. The Output works great, but the input is not recognized, but USB microphones works perfectly.
- If you want a Dual Boot (Windows - OSX for example) make sure you set as Boot device in your BIOS the Hard Disk where you installed Yosemite, because here there is the Bootloader where you can choose what system you want to start every time you turn on your computer.

So... This is it! A beautiful Hackintosh without Kernel-task problems and 4K support! Let me know if this helped you :D

hi man, i tryed intall yosemite w/ unibeast and on the first mac logo screen appears a panic error, i have the same mobo. u can help me pls :)(sorry for mi english, im speak spanish)

I installed Yosemite various times, but i never got errors at the start logo. Are you sure that you installed it correctly? Maybe there were some errors during the install process or you have some components that Yosemite doesn't support.

sure i have a problem on the start on installation:
IMG_20150508_041207448_HDR.jpg

Intel Core i5-3330
MSI H77MA-G43
Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G (1 x 4 GB | DIMM DDR3-1333)
Gigabyte R9 270 (100365L)
Western Digital Blue 500 GB (WD5000AAKX)
Seasonic SS-500ES (500 W)
Sentey BX1-4284
AOC LE24H037 (i have a Hmdi or Vga w/ dvi adapter)

I guess a post my problem for help on the forum, Thanks for the answer :)

Apple's OS X does not support direct VGA to VGA monitor connection. You'll need to connect to a VGA monitor with an DVI or HDMI to VGA adapter.

After i install hackintosh i boot normaly but my pc restarts after few seconds... i have same mb h77ma-g43 intel i7 3770 with intel hd 4000, 10gb 1600 mhz ram, and im using ssd 120 gb :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back