Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] MSI B360 Gaming Plus - i7 8700 - GTX 1070 - High Sierra 10.13.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MESwan

Thank you so much MESwan for sharing your build, my Mojave works flawlessly (till now) on my MSI B360M Bazooka + 8700K + Sapphire Radeon RX 480 + WIFI/BT combo card + VIA chipset Firewire. Took many days and nights until I found your post and manage the install + post install, now I have 5 out of 6 usb ports what work which is already the grandprize for me, boot up is fast, everything feels smooth and up and running. Thanks

@MESwan

Thank you so much MESwan for sharing your build, my Mojave works flawlessly (till now) on my MSI B360M Bazooka + 8700K + Sapphire Radeon RX 480 + WIFI/BT combo card + VIA chipset Firewire. Took many days and nights until I found your post and manage the install + post install, now I have 5 out of 6 usb ports what work which is already the grandprize for me, boot up is fast, everything feels smooth and up and running. Thanks

My pleasure man!

My pleasure man!

Even though running smooth after some time it seems there is one little issue. I have this WiFi/Bluetooth combo:

ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS Combo Card

which works pretty much "out of the box".
I only experience that when connecting an external hard disk, the WiFi drops out, and there is no Internet.
When I unplug the external hard disk, the WiFi works again. I use 4 out of the 5 SATA connections internally for 4 SSD's and have this WiFi card on a PCIe slot and another slot for the a Firewire PCIe card. And no more slots available. I haven't swapped them to test changing slots. (Using, however, USB stick doesn't interfere WiFi. So, I might be also to do with USB-voltage or the likes of when connecting external HDD.)

Perhaps the USB and PCIe slot where the WiFi card is on is operating on the same channel. Couldn't see anything in the BIOS or in OSX to change the IRQ channels (like in the old days). So, I think it's probably in the kernel or elsewhere. Also, I notice a 60% slower WiFi speed when connected to a paid VPN (pia) which on my MacBook Pro is not the case when using a the same VPN connection. Don't know how that's possible, and if that's interrelated. However, these are minor issue on a now great working Mojave, and I can work around these hickups. But, should you know where I could look or have tips to troubleshoot them to find the issue, I'd be happy to hear them. Enjoying this process of making your hackintosh run, feels like working on maintaining a precious car to drive smooth and safe.

Attached my config.plist just in case.
I'm using the most recent updates of the @RehabMan's USBInjectAll kext, WhateverGreen and Lilu.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.3 KB · Views: 221
Even though running smooth after some time it seems there is one little issue. I have this WiFi/Bluetooth combo:

ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS Combo Card

which works pretty much "out of the box".
I only experience that when connecting an external hard disk, the WiFi drops out, and there is no Internet.
When I unplug the external hard disk, the WiFi works again. I use 4 out of the 5 SATA connections internally for 4 SSD's and have this WiFi card on a PCIe slot and another slot for the a Firewire PCIe card. And no more slots available. I haven't swapped them to test changing slots. (Using, however, USB stick doesn't interfere WiFi. So, I might be also to do with USB-voltage or the likes of when connecting external HDD.)

Perhaps the USB and PCIe slot where the WiFi card is on is operating on the same channel. Couldn't see anything in the BIOS or in OSX to change the IRQ channels (like in the old days). So, I think it's probably in the kernel or elsewhere. Also, I notice a 60% slower WiFi speed when connected to a paid VPN (pia) which on my MacBook Pro is not the case when using a the same VPN connection. Don't know how that's possible, and if that's interrelated. However, these are minor issue on a now great working Mojave, and I can work around these hickups. But, should you know where I could look or have tips to troubleshoot them to find the issue, I'd be happy to hear them. Enjoying this process of making your hackintosh run, feels like working on maintaining a precious car to drive smooth and safe.

Attached my config.plist just in case.
I'm using the most recent updates of the @RehabMan's USBInjectAll kext, WhateverGreen and Lilu.
That's certainly something I've never encountered. lol. My best guess is to suggest checking IORegistry, noting the values for the Wifi/BT card, then plugging in the offending EHD, and noting any changes for the Wifi/BT card as well as the EHD.

Have you completed a USB SSDT for injection?

Hi, @MESwan, I have an i7 8700 but in 'about my Mac' is shown 3.19 Ghz, So you're working at 4.6 Ghz you re only doing it with the boot flags busratio=35 or you made some changes in the bios?

This Flag UseKernelCache=No you use it just to speed up the boot?

My data in my cpu geekbench shows no more than 23k :(

Thank you very much! Greetings! Mark

Hi, @MESwan, I have an i7 8700 but in 'about my Mac' is shown 3.19 Ghz, So you're working at 4.6 Ghz you re only doing it with the boot flags busratio=35 or you made some changes in the bios?

This Flag UseKernelCache=No you use it just to speed up the boot?

My data in my cpu geekbench shows no more than 23k :(

Thank you very much! Greetings! Mark

Please upload your EFI Folder attached.
Thank you very much!

Hi @MESwan, I'm following your guide and instructions to other guys, and I almost did it! But I installed twice and crashed at the pos installation process. And now the system initiates but I got a black screen.
I'm using: MSI B360 PRO, I7 8700, 16gb RAM and no GPU.
I could install it twice using your attached config.plist and your bootlegs.
The first time it crashed, I was able to format it and start over. The second time it happened, I wasn't able to format it again. It crashes before gets to the disk utility part.

To better describe whats happening now:
It was installed, and running High Sierra. Then I put wrong config twice at MultiBeast (don't really know which one is the best).
Now it boots, loads the system, but, when finishes loading, I just get black screen. I have no video after loading the system. I've tried to go safe mode, but looks like not booting in safe mode.

I tried to recreate the same USB and format the third time, but now my installation don't load; at the middle I get a block sign.
I really appreciate if you could help me out.

Now I managed to load the system again, but Im stuck at the post instalation process.

@rafadess we have the exact same configuration, do you mind sharing your files with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back