Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] MSI B360 Gaming Plus - i7 8700 - GTX 1070 - High Sierra 10.13.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! that would help a lot. I didn't mark down the failure but I 'll give another try this weekend. Using your entire EFI folder and make sure the boot flag and certain efi file are there. I'll mark the failure this time

About the RTX card, I plan to totally disable it on Hackintosh and use 2 video cables for motherboard and graphics card. I play game on Windows with RTX card and just daily use on MacOS, so the iGPU would enough for me. So I can just switch the video output of my monitor to use different system.

My driver is 970 EVO 250g, not 970 Pro, sorry for the mistake. It's there any potential problem with this driver? I bought this cause it's in the buyer's guide, thought it would be flawless.

Thanks again! It's really helping :D

Let me know how it goes!

Attachments

• IMG_1016.JPG
    IMG_1016.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 143
If you're having no issues with what you have, I wouldn't bother.

-rad24 enables 24-bit display sending from the RX card to the display. -lilubetaall enables all features of lilu.kext. nv_disable=1 disables all Nvidia injection. darkwake=8 address auto-sleep, and sleep. -npci=0x2000 is the fix for those whose systems stick at 'pci configuration begins'. -f is no kext cache mode. busratio=35 is the clock/cpu multiplier. Calculated for my i7 8700 to ensure it runs at the correct frequencies.

Looks like I spoke too soon :(

Everything does work fine.. except shutting down. When I shut down, it just restarts back into the Clover bootloader. Did you experience this?

I didn't notice because I usually boot into Windows and play a game before I shut down.

Still got error. I'm using the install flag and MSI required EFI.
Make sure you're trying with a USB 2.0 port, with USBInjectAll.kext in your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder.

Looks like I spoke too soon :(

Everything does work fine.. except shutting down. When I shut down, it just restarts back into the Clover bootloader. Did you experience this?

I didn't notice because I usually boot into Windows and play a game before I shut down.

Do you have 'Fix Shutdown' checked in your .plist?

Do you have 'Fix Shutdown' checked in your .plist?[/QUOTE]
Yup,

Yes I do, I also added a “fix_shutdown_0004” on acpi like other threads said and it didnt work either.

So far I cycles through Darkwake 0-10, enabled erp, and disabled wake up on LAN. None seem to work. It worked pretty good on HS and on the gtx 1070. So its either Mojave or the RX 580 causing the issue.

Do you have 'Fix Shutdown' checked in your .plist?
Yup,

Yes I do, I also added a “fix_shutdown_0004” on acpi like other threads said and it didnt work either.

So far I cycles through Darkwake 0-10, enabled erp, and disabled wake up on LAN. None seem to work. It worked pretty good on HS and on the gtx 1070. So its either Mojave or the RX 580 causing the issue.

See if you're the 1% of MSI MOBO owners. Try using OsxAptioFixDrv2.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

See if you're the 1% of MSI MOBO owners. Try using OsxAptioFixDrv2.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

I found that my EFI didnt have any OsxAptioFixDrv2 variants. I tried both and no dice. I have a feeling it has something to do with how I have the RX 580 set because:

1. Had no issues with the gtx 1070 on high sierra
2. Only HDMi works on the RX 580 if I select an SMBIOS of 14,1 and below. I might just do a clean install of Mojave. I still have my CC clone of high sierra anyway...

It wouldn't hurt to try a clean install using 18,3. Just make a backup and try to install to a different SSD. If it's successful, clone to your primary drive.

Make sure you're trying with a USB 2.0 port, with USBInjectAll.kext in your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder.
Yeah. I installed it with USB 2.0 port and the USBInjectAll.kext it's in the right place. I don't know what to do....

It wouldn't hurt to try a clean install using 18,3. Just make a backup and try to install to a different SSD. If it's successful, clone to your primary drive.

No dice on the clean reinstall. Do you mind sharing your EFI folder so I can compare mine? I'm interested to see how you have yours set up.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back