Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] MSI B360 Gaming Plus - i7 8700 - GTX 1070 - High Sierra 10.13.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boot flags are the same as the install flags. I was just extra careful installing and so I used cpus=1. The Kext files go into either EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (if needed to be injected during boot), or /system/Library/Extensions/ is they're system kexts (Audio and Ethernet). Most Kexts will go into /Library/Extensions. Any kexts that need to be in Clover/kexts/Other generally specify that on the Project retail page. If you follow the instruction guide and the notes from my post, you should see a degree of success.

Can you list your exact Motherboard, Processor, and GPU (if any)? I’ll be happy to help as much as I can!

Hi Meswan,
I have MSI B360 gaming plus - I3 8100- Onboard intel video card
- Using your config I have blank video
- Use another config It can boot into the setup but USB keyboard and mouse not working.
It seem like the USB port not working.
Please advice.Thanks.

Hi Meswan,
I have MSI B360 gaming plus - I3 8100- Onboard intel video card
- Using your config I have blank video
- Use another config It can boot into the setup but USB keyboard and mouse not working.
It seem like the USB port not working.
Please advice.Thanks.
If you want to continue using the one that boots without USB, grab USBInjectAll.kext from @RehabMan's repo.

My config.plist is optimized for my GTX 1070. Since you're using the IGPU you'll need a few extras: CoreDisplayFixup.kext, Lilu.kext, and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext. Put these into Clover/kexts/Other/ and set your IntelGFX FakeID to 0x59128086, and ig-platform-id to 0x59120000. You may also need the boot flag -disablegfxfirmware

What SMBIOS are you set to?

You can try using this .plist, it contains all of the changes I outlined above, though you will still need to ensure you include the correct Kext files in Clover/kexts/Other. Remember to change the name to config.plist

Attachments

• config-generate.plist
    13.9 KB · Views: 341
If you want to continue using the one that boots without USB, grab USBInjectAll.kext from @RehabMan's repo.

My config.plist is optimized for my GTX 1070. Since you're using the IGPU you'll need a few extras: CoreDisplayFixup.kext, Lilu.kext, and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext. Put these into Clover/kexts/Other/ and set your IntelGFX FakeID to 0x59128086, and ig-platform-id to 0x59120000. You may also need the boot flag -disablegfxfirmware

What SMBIOS are you set to?

You can try using this .plist, it contains all of the changes I outlined above, though you will still need to ensure you include the correct Kext files in Clover/kexts/Other. Remember to change the name to config.plist

Thank you for your help . With the new USBinjectAll.kext I am able to install the high Sierra.
With thentelGFX FakeID to 0x59128086, and ig-platform-id to 0x59120000 the screen still blank . I have to use
thentelGFX FakeID 0x0 and ig-platform-id to191b0000.
The sleep not working . Any advice please?

Thank you for your help . With the new USBinjectAll.kext I am able to install the high Sierra.
With thentelGFX FakeID to 0x59128086, and ig-platform-id to 0x59120000 the screen still blank . I have to use
thentelGFX FakeID 0x0 and ig-platform-id to191b0000.
The sleep not working . Any advice please?

What is your DVMT Pre-Allocated value set to in your UEFI/BIOS? It need to be a minimum of 128Mb. Check and ensure you have this set:

Integrated Graphics : Enabled
iGPU Multi-Monitor : Enabled
DVMT Pre-Allocated : 128Mb +
Primary Display: IGD/Integrated/iGPU/CPU Graphics

Also, ensure that you go through the motions of creating a power management SSDT. Download: https://github.com/ibash/ssdtPRGen.sh/archive/coffee_lake.zip

1. Unzip ssdtPRGen.sh-coffee_lake.zip
  2. Rename the the unzipped folder ssdtPRGen.sh-coffee_lake to ssdtPRGen
  3. Move the renamed folder to ~/Library/
  4. This can be done in Terminal with these lines:
    unzip -qu ~/Downloads/ssdtPRGen.sh-coffee_lake.zip -d ~/Library/

mv ~/Library/ssdtPRGen.sh-coffee_lake ~/Library/ssdtPRGen
Now that it’s properly named you can return to the normal SSDT guide and complete it:

1. Open Terminal
  2. Type & Enter cd ~/Library/ssdtPRGen into Terminal
  3. Put the first line into terminal if you are using a stock CPU and replace cpu_name placeholder with yours. If the CPU is overclocked in BIOS add the -turbo flag and its overclocked amount in MHz to to the end:
    • Stock speeds: sudo sh ssdtPRGen.sh -p ‘cpu_name’
    • BIOS Overclocked: sudo sh ssdtPRGen.sh -p ‘cpu_name’ -turbo XXXX
    • Example:
      sudo sh ssdtPRGen.sh -p 'i3-8100' (An i3-8100 @ stock speeds)
Next:
  1. Type & Enter n to the question: Do you want to open ssdt.dsl (y/n)?
  2. Right-Click Finder App
  3. Select Go to Folder…
  4. Type ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/
  5. Click Go
  6. Open ssdtPRGen folder
  7. Copy ssdt.aml
Finally:
  1. Mount EFI Partition using Clover Configurator
  2. Paste ssdt.aml in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
  3. Open config.plist with Clover Configurator while still in your EFI partition
  4. Select Apci on the left column
  5. Under Generate Options:
    1. Uncheck Generate PStates
    2. Uncheck Generate CStates
  6. Save config.plist
  7. Restart Hackintosh
  8. Done.

I've ready from many sources, and I don't know if there's been progression on this since these posts, but the i3 8100 may require a Dedicated GPU in order to Sleep-Wake.

Hi, can you share the tool to check the cpu's speedstep or do we need to patch? I have a same cpu like you, but when I used benchmark softs, I saw the temperature is very low ~50C, which has very different when I compared to windows ~75C.

Hi guys,

Sorry if I'm posting in wrong location. I have almost same hardware config from the first message but I'm getting "Still waiting for root device" message with the prohibithed sign before installation. I'm triyng to install High Sierra. I tried my pen drive on all usb2 ports and usb3 ports.

Do you guy have any suggestion? Should I try to install another OSX?

My config:
Motherboard: MSI B360 PRO-VH
Processor: i7 8700
Ram: 16GB
Graphics: Radeon RX570

I'm getting "Still waiting for root device" message with the prohibithed sign before installation.
"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-300-series-injector.kext or XHCI-200-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ .
May need PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit in config.plist.
The problem may also occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ or try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-300-series-injector.kext or XHCI-200-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ .
May need PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit in config.plist.
The problem may also occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ or try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Thanks man.

I tried in all usb port my usb device. Since I don't have any usb2 device I'll try these kexts that you recommeded. And I'll post the results.

Thanks for helping me.

P1LGRIM thanks a lot for your help.

After put USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-300-series-injector.kext on my pen drive I was able to do the first part of installation. But n when I restart and try to continue the installation I got "unable to cache kernel".

I'm using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi like MESwan. I saw in this post that this issue could be solve by using OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. But I saw that for MSI mobo we have to use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi ....

Any suggestion?

Sorry to bother you with these noob questions....

Just to add informattion I'm using these flags:

dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v UseKernelCache=No busratio=32 cpus=1 npci=0x2000 darkmode=8
__________________________________________________________________________________
Edit

Guys, just to inform, I was able to fix that problem with kernel just adding -f before UseKernelCache.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back