Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Mountain Lion, GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7 3770 Ivy Bridge, GTX 670

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you find this guide useful. Unfortunately it's a bit outdated since newer version of Multibeast/Unibeast have come out since then.

At some point (maybe months from now) I plan on re-installing both Windows and OSX on this rig. I plan to use Clover bootloader for a strict UEFI build. Right now I'm trying to optimize my hackintosh Lenovo T61 laptop...

Make sure you post a guide like this one :thumbup: would be very insightful. nice one man

Hello again! i followed your guide down to the bone! however, my ethernet port doesn't seem to work on my windows partition. do you know any way to fix that? or what went wrong?

Hello, my setup is almost exactly the same and everything runs great but I could never get the boot loader to work right. The only way I can load OSX is if I hold f12 at boot and manually select the SATA drive.

I just reinstalled following your guide but I'm still having the same problem. Windows 7 just automatically boots unless I use bios to manually load OSX drive.

Any ideas?

Did you install the modified boot0 file? Without this modified boot0 file, it will not select the OSX drive by default. Without it, you'll need to go into your BIOS settings and select the OSX drive as the first boot drive.

Make sure you post a guide like this one :thumbup: would be very insightful. nice one man
I will for sure. However, there are already some guides out there for this motherboard. For example, see here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...-clover-uefi-installtweak-guide/#entry1918966

Good luck!

Hello again! i followed your guide down to the bone! however, my ethernet port doesn't seem to work on my windows partition. do you know any way to fix that? or what went wrong?

Did you make sure you installed the drivers on Gigabyte's website for Windows? Also, make sure you are downloading the correct drivers for the correct revision of your motherboard. One of the changes with the 1.1 revision of this motherboard is that the ethernet controller changed.

I don't think you'll need the graphics card modifications since you don't have at least a 670. Why don't you give it a try and let us know!

Hi Cobra,been long since this post.Finally got my hack running with the Z77X-UD5H and i7-3770k with HD 4000 Graphics. Followed your Guide, was so smooth right now i am on 10.8.4 with the combo update

Since this post i did try the nvidia GT 630, read tried various steps from the forum but cant seem to get this card work, but initially it did work or thats what i am guessing from the " about this Mac".

Initially i did not use GraphicsEnabler, had left the graphics at Auto in my bios even after putting the Graphics card... everything was as normal on first attempt .It said GT 630 with 1024 MB memory from my 2GB , was not detecting the full 2GB. Basic applications seemed to work but when i put the i Tunes visualizer on, the screen hangs up to a grey screen with the music still playing from i tunes( had to restart using the restart button).

Next i did use graphicsEnabler=no, booted again and was stuck at a distorted screen.....

I have attached the screen shots of before using GraphicsEnabler=No...Need your expertise in this one.....

Let me know.......THANKS Again :)

Attachments

• F_USB1 GAz77xud5h1.jpg
    F_USB1 GAz77xud5h1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 257
  • F_USB1 GAz77xud5h2.jpg
    F_USB1 GAz77xud5h2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 266
  • Untitled3.tiff
    124 KB · Views: 162
  • F_USB1 GAz77xud5h3.jpg
    F_USB1 GAz77xud5h3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 349
I have the same build.

I finally got my GTX-670 working by updating to 10.8.3 (read it somewhere)
Happy to have 3 monitors!

BUT....
I get a kernel panic when I start up every time unless I use Ignore Boot Caches.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back