Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Mountain Lion, GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7 3770 Ivy Bridge, GTX 670

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before i ask anything, i would like to inform you that the post is awesome and very helpful, but i din't understand some things:
1) On the guide's 1st step, you mention installing Windows 7 in the Non-UEFI version of the BD-R drive
I understood none of this.. to be exact, what is the non uefi version and the uefi version of a drive and what the bd-r drive is ?
2) I'm planing to do the same build but with the 680 instead, will it have any difference ?
Other than that, your post and guide are crystal clear, informative and useful
Thanks for posting and replaying :D

Before i ask anything, i would like to inform you that the post is awesome and very helpful, but i din't understand some things:
1) On the guide's 1st step, you mention installing Windows 7 in the Non-UEFI version of the BD-R drive
I understood none of this.. to be exact, what is the non uefi version and the uefi version of a drive and what the bd-r drive is ?
2) I'm planing to do the same build but with the 680 instead, will it have any difference ?
Other than that, your post and guide are crystal clear, informative and useful
Thanks for posting and replaying :D

In the BIOS, there will be 2 choices for the DVD-ROM (or BD-ROM in this example). One is the UEFI version of the drive, and the other is the legacy BIOS boot version of the drive. You want to make sure you are booting from the legacy version of the drive so that you install Windows as an MBR partition instead of GPT. This is crucial if you want to use Chimera as a boot selector.

As for the 680, it shouldn't cause any problems or differences. I'm seen many people on these forums use that card.

Ive had some problems with 32GB RAM in this build, to fix this problem i had to change PCI clock (something) to 100.1 mhz in bios.. sounds wierd, but it works.. got alot of bluescreens before :p

For some reason the system never performed as I expected.. For some reason booting takes way too long.. Drive lights go off for about 30 seconds during boot and then it continues and boots into the desktop.

The 10.8.3 update is a total no go.. It installs allright but I have all sorts of problems booting after that. Which I can only seem to do using the -x safe boot. Not sure what kext or device is causing the problem.

Given that even with an almost clean 10.8.2 system and only using multibeast no-dtst and audio config, the update to 10.8.3 just messes up something.

Cobra: did you ever update to 10.8.3 and get it working?

Also not sure about the extremely long boot time.. Lol. my G73JH boots up in under 12 seconds.. I would expect this beast to do better, not 10 times as long.

For some reason the system never performed as I expected.. For some reason booting takes way too long.. Drive lights go off for about 30 seconds during boot and then it continues and boots into the desktop.

The 10.8.3 update is a total no go.. It installs allright but I have all sorts of problems booting after that. Which I can only seem to do using the -x safe boot. Not sure what kext or device is causing the problem.

Given that even with an almost clean 10.8.2 system and only using multibeast no-dtst and audio config, the update to 10.8.3 just messes up something.

Cobra: did you ever update to 10.8.3 and get it working?

Also not sure about the extremely long boot time.. Lol. my G73JH boots up in under 12 seconds.. I would expect this beast to do better, not 10 times as long.

No, I haven't given 10.8.3 a try yet. Glad you gave me the heads up - I might just skip it this time :p I don't see a need for 10.8.3 right now, even though it's supposed to provide updates for the graphics drivers. My performance thus far has been great on 10.8.2, so I don't see a need to update.

No, I haven't given 10.8.3 a try yet. Glad you gave me the heads up - I might just skip it this time :p I don't see a need for 10.8.3 right now, even though it's supposed to provide updates for the graphics drivers. My performance thus far has been great on 10.8.2, so I don't see a need to update.

I've used 10.8.3 since the release with no problems at all.
Only had to run audio from Multibeast
And i discovered that in SystemProfiler the Unknown AHCI Controler was gone.

Serial ATA.png

BTY are you using

<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

In org.Chameleon.Boot.plist ?

+1 arehep. 10.8.3 works great for me with just re-running MultiBeast to reload the audio kext, and I am now updating my production hackintoshes from 10.7.5 to 10.8.3. I even updated my 17" MBP from 10.7.5 to 10.8.3. So, go for it! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back