Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Mountain Lion, GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7 3770 Ivy Bridge, GTX 670

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never had problems waking. But to fix my sleep problems, so far I've moved all my sata connections out of the Marvell ports (the gray ones). I also disabled both Marvell controllers in the BIOS.

For fixing sleep, to try to figure out what it is, I would do what I did: start unplugging things. I simply unplugged a lot of things that I thought might be causing the issue. I started with my BD-ROM drive and extra hard drives. I then tried my USB headers and my sound card (which I ended up removing all together because it won't work in OSX). I found out after a bunch of reboots that it was infact my SATA connections in the Marvell ports.

i already had my ssd out of the marvell ports... but i made changes in Bios and it worked! :)

thanks to you and thelostswede

http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-...eries-lga-1155-boards/comments2.html#comments

i already had my ssd out of the marvell ports... but i made changes in Bios and it worked! :)

thanks to you and thelostswede

http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-...eries-lga-1155-boards/comments2.html#comments

Glad it was able to work! I also disabled in BIOS, and I'm not seeing it wake by itself anymore. Thanks thelostswede.

I perfected my Windows 7 + ML dual boot today. I reformatted my Windows drive to MBR (it was GPT) so it is now found in Chimera. I also used a modified boot0 found here:
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,2091.0.html

^^^ This fix will make it so that when Windows is selected from Chimera, sleep and some other issues will work again (such as installing 7-SP1).

Glad it was able to work! I also disabled in BIOS, and I'm not seeing it wake by itself anymore. Thanks thelostswede.

I perfected my Windows 7 + ML dual boot today. I reformatted my Windows drive to MBR (it was GPT) so it is now found in Chimera. I also used a modified boot0 found here:
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,2091.0.html

^^^ This fix will make it so that when Windows is selected from Chimera, sleep and some other issues will work again (such as installing 7-SP1).

im back to where i started...it worked for a while and now its not waking up and sometimes my screen would go black and refresh...are you using the lastest version of Bios?

im back to where i started...it worked for a while and now its not waking up and sometimes my screen would go black and refresh...are you using the lastest version of Bios?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I'm on the F7 BIOS. Never got around to updating to F8 since it only says it improves keyboard compatibility.

I would like to mention, that I haven't been using my Hackintosh that much (I just haven't had time). But I've never had those waking issues either.

I'll be going on vacation tomorrow for a week so unfortunately I won't be able to do any more testing / give any more feedback. But I'll still be able to answer any questions to hopefully solve your problem.

EDIT: Also make sure you've applied all of these settings to your BIOS:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

Is Parallels working on your system? I got nearly the same hardware (installed without a DSDT, had to install 898 for audio, tuned off wake-on-lan for the motherboard, all the rest was working without doing anything) and when I'm starting a virtual machine in Parallels the whole computer resets and boots again.

…hope this isn't a noob-question since I'm a completely noob with hackintoshs and my english isn't the very best
:shifty:

I have similar hardware except I have the Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH board. This is my first hacintosh so if I sound like an idiot, that's my excuse. I did a Unibeast with a new copy of Mnt Lion. I installed it and it worked. Here are my questions/issues:
1. Am I to assume that I have to always keep the USB Unibeast to boot from?
2. Are there any items that I should have or should be including on the USB Unibeast like Bridgehelper or Chimera?
3. Once I have Mtn. Lion installed I try to install Multibeast but the installation looks like it complete but than it says the installation failed. From that point on anytime I try to restart the computer it won't boot but rather gives me a bunch of kernel errors. Then I have to reinstall Mtn. Lion.
4. If I don't have to run Multibeast are there any other software helps that I should be running?
Thanks.
Hardware: Ivybridge 3770K; GTX-670; Corsair 240 SSD; 16GB Corsair ram

I have similar hardware except I have the Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH board. This is my first hacintosh so if I sound like an idiot, that's my excuse. I did a Unibeast with a new copy of Mnt Lion. I installed it and it worked. Here are my questions/issues:
1. Am I to assume that I have to always keep the USB Unibeast to boot from?
2. Are there any items that I should have or should be including on the USB Unibeast like Bridgehelper or Chimera?
3. Once I have Mtn. Lion installed I try to install Multibeast but the installation looks like it complete but than it says the installation failed. From that point on anytime I try to restart the computer it won't boot but rather gives me a bunch of kernel errors. Then I have to reinstall Mtn. Lion.
4. If I don't have to run Multibeast are there any other software helps that I should be running?
Thanks.
Hardware: Ivybridge 3770K; GTX-670; Corsair 240 SSD; 16GB Corsair ram

That's definitely odd that multibeast isn't working on your system. I would recommend finding a thread on here with the same motherboard and see if anyone else is experiencing similar issues. There's also a Mountain Lion Desktop Support thread - you could post the issue there and see if anyone else responds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back