CPU
i5 3570k
Graphics
XFX HD6870
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I never had problems waking. But to fix my sleep problems, so far I've moved all my sata connections out of the Marvell ports (the gray ones). I also disabled both Marvell controllers in the BIOS.

For fixing sleep, to try to figure out what it is, I would do what I did: start unplugging things. I simply unplugged a lot of things that I thought might be causing the issue. I started with my BD-ROM drive and extra hard drives. I then tried my USB headers and my sound card (which I ended up removing all together because it won't work in OSX). I found out after a bunch of reboots that it was infact my SATA connections in the Marvell ports.

i already had my ssd out of the marvell ports... but i made changes in Bios and it worked! :)

thanks to you and thelostswede

http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-...eries-lga-1155-boards/comments2.html#comments

Motherboard
Lenovo T440s
CPU
i5-4200u
Graphics
HD4400
i already had my ssd out of the marvell ports... but i made changes in Bios and it worked! :)

thanks to you and thelostswede

http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-...eries-lga-1155-boards/comments2.html#comments

Glad it was able to work! I also disabled in BIOS, and I'm not seeing it wake by itself anymore. Thanks thelostswede.

I perfected my Windows 7 + ML dual boot today. I reformatted my Windows drive to MBR (it was GPT) so it is now found in Chimera. I also used a modified boot0 found here:
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,2091.0.html

^^^ This fix will make it so that when Windows is selected from Chimera, sleep and some other issues will work again (such as installing 7-SP1).

Motherboard
Mountain Lion
CPU
i5 3570k
Graphics
XFX HD6870
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Glad it was able to work! I also disabled in BIOS, and I'm not seeing it wake by itself anymore. Thanks thelostswede.

I perfected my Windows 7 + ML dual boot today. I reformatted my Windows drive to MBR (it was GPT) so it is now found in Chimera. I also used a modified boot0 found here:
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,2091.0.html

^^^ This fix will make it so that when Windows is selected from Chimera, sleep and some other issues will work again (such as installing 7-SP1).

im back to where i started...it worked for a while and now its not waking up and sometimes my screen would go black and refresh...are you using the lastest version of Bios?

Motherboard
Lenovo T440s
CPU
i5-4200u
Graphics
HD4400
im back to where i started...it worked for a while and now its not waking up and sometimes my screen would go black and refresh...are you using the lastest version of Bios?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I'm on the F7 BIOS. Never got around to updating to F8 since it only says it improves keyboard compatibility.

I would like to mention, that I haven't been using my Hackintosh that much (I just haven't had time). But I've never had those waking issues either.

I'll be going on vacation tomorrow for a week so unfortunately I won't be able to do any more testing / give any more feedback. But I'll still be able to answer any questions to hopefully solve your problem.

EDIT: Also make sure you've applied all of these settings to your BIOS:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Gaming 7-EU
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Centris
  3. iBook
  4. LC
  5. Performa
  6. Plus
  7. Power Mac
  8. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is Parallels working on your system? I got nearly the same hardware (installed without a DSDT, had to install 898 for audio, tuned off wake-on-lan for the motherboard, all the rest was working without doing anything) and when I'm starting a virtual machine in Parallels the whole computer resets and boots again.

…hope this isn't a noob-question since I'm a completely noob with hackintoshs and my english isn't the very best
:shifty:

Motherboard
10.8 Mtn. Lion
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
MSI GTX-670
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have similar hardware except I have the Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH board. This is my first hacintosh so if I sound like an idiot, that's my excuse. I did a Unibeast with a new copy of Mnt Lion. I installed it and it worked. Here are my questions/issues:
1. Am I to assume that I have to always keep the USB Unibeast to boot from?
2. Are there any items that I should have or should be including on the USB Unibeast like Bridgehelper or Chimera?
3. Once I have Mtn. Lion installed I try to install Multibeast but the installation looks like it complete but than it says the installation failed. From that point on anytime I try to restart the computer it won't boot but rather gives me a bunch of kernel errors. Then I have to reinstall Mtn. Lion.
4. If I don't have to run Multibeast are there any other software helps that I should be running?
Thanks.
Hardware: Ivybridge 3770K; GTX-670; Corsair 240 SSD; 16GB Corsair ram

Motherboard
Lenovo T440s
CPU
i5-4200u
Graphics
HD4400
I have similar hardware except I have the Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH board. This is my first hacintosh so if I sound like an idiot, that's my excuse. I did a Unibeast with a new copy of Mnt Lion. I installed it and it worked. Here are my questions/issues:
1. Am I to assume that I have to always keep the USB Unibeast to boot from?
2. Are there any items that I should have or should be including on the USB Unibeast like Bridgehelper or Chimera?
3. Once I have Mtn. Lion installed I try to install Multibeast but the installation looks like it complete but than it says the installation failed. From that point on anytime I try to restart the computer it won't boot but rather gives me a bunch of kernel errors. Then I have to reinstall Mtn. Lion.
4. If I don't have to run Multibeast are there any other software helps that I should be running?
Thanks.
Hardware: Ivybridge 3770K; GTX-670; Corsair 240 SSD; 16GB Corsair ram

That's definitely odd that multibeast isn't working on your system. I would recommend finding a thread on here with the same motherboard and see if anyone else is experiencing similar issues. There's also a Mountain Lion Desktop Support thread - you could post the issue there and see if anyone else responds.

Status
Not open for further replies.