Lenovo (Thinkcentre M900 Tower)
CPU
Core i7-6700 3.4GHz
Graphics
Gygabyte GT740
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi All,

Sorry I dont have time to do a full post like the others have in the User Builds forum section, but I can confirm that Mountain Lion will run perfectly on the new Dell Optiplex servers. Overview of my install:

1. Bought ML from app store using my MacBook Pro
  2. Created a Unibeast USB drive with the Mac OSX 10.8 application
  3. Downloaded Multibeast to a USB key
  4. Installed a new OCZ Vortex 4 SSD in the Dell
  5. Installed ML using this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
  6. Install went fine
  7. Booted from the SSD with no boot flags
  8. Ran Multibeast and choose Easybeast install and the GraphicsEnabler=No option under the "Customization" section
  9. Rebooted and had everything except video and sound working
  10. Installed Gigabyte NVIDIA GT 640
  11. Rebooted with full video
  12. Plugged in a SB Live! external USB sound card (because I already had it) and that gave be sound working perfectly [so i have not tried to get the on-board sound working]

Hope this helps.

Steve.

i'm trying to do the same thing but am getting stuck on the grey apple screen. My hard drive was set to ACHI. Did I miss something else in the bios settings?

I didn't touch anything in the bios from memory. When are you getting the grey screen?

I just posted on my install on a optiplex 7010 just a minute ago...lol....the only thing I did was shut off V/T in the bios...otherwise wouldn;t boot...

my onboard audio not working...but haven't played with it much yet.....also had to put GraphicsEnabler =yes to get nvidia gt240 video card to work..otherwise working slick...

I was finally able to get it to boot by disabling VT. Unfortunately, my video card, HD6450 will only give me one resolution. Ended up just reinstalling Windows 8. Oh well.

I pulled my video card out...then used the onboard video to install.....when got done installing and using multibeast to update then rebooted and then put in my gt240 card in...booted with graphicsEnabler=yes...and had video.....getting ready work on audio tonight to see what I can do with it...don't give up hope...alot of help in the forums if you ask questions...

Success with the audio just this morning...was searching on the forum this morning and found a post that talked about a new voodoo audio file....googled it and found it...downloaded and installed.....worked slick and no Kp's so far.....google this file....VoodooHDA_2.8.0_ML2.pkg.....download and install....now to check to see if onboard lan works...then be golden....thanks all...

I was able to install 10.8 successfully. But, after applying 10.8.2 Combo update, my Optiplex 7010 would not boot. I get this kernel panic repeatedly at this point:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: : start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
WARNIN: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported

I can boot the system fine if I use -x safe boot mode.

So far I've tried:
1. Make sure FakeSMC Plugin folder is not installed
2. Install old AppleACPIPlatform.kext

Any ideas? Please help!

Thank you very much in advance.

hey, please give us a little time to explain how did successfully install Moutain Lion on Dell OptiPlex 7010.
i am really tired searching over internet from long time.

Thanks Bro.

hey, please give us a little time to explain how did successfully install Moutain Lion on Dell OptiPlex 7010.
i am really tired searching over internet from long time.

Thanks Bro.

I'm not sure how taking more time to explain can help. Did you follow the steps exactly in the first post? I have done this twice now, the first time replacing the HDD with an SSD and the second time just using the HDD that came with the Dell.

Both times worked perfectly. The only thing that is missing from the first post is the need to turn off VT in the bios before you start as pointed out by turk101.

If you turn off VT in the bios and then follow the steps in the OP it will work.

Maybe you could post your specific problems so we can answer your questions directly rather than just saying "please help".

Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back