Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on ASUS-P7P55D-E-PRO

FractalR3.jpg

Components

All of them were purchased in France at amazon.fr and rue du commerce

ASUS P7P55D-E PRO ATX Intel Motherboard (discontinued)
EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512Mo Video Card (discontinued)
Intel Core i7-860 2.8GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor (discontinued)
G.Skill - RAM 4 Go - 2x 2048 Go - DDR3-1600 - 9-9-9-24-2N - Ripjaws-X - F3-12800CL9D-4GBX (amazon)
Seagate 2 To 64 Mo 5900 tr/min - SATA 6 Gb/s - Barracuda Green - ST2000DL003 - 3.5" Internal Hard Drive (rue du commerce)
Seasonic MII bronze 520W PSU (rue du commerce)
Fractal Design R3 Tower (discontinued)

Bios configuration

SATA to AHCI
Marvell 9123 SATA Controller to AHCI
Suspend Mode to S3 only
Bios version 1502

Comments

This is an update of my first build with SL 10.6.6 :
Success: Asus P7P55D-E Pro + i7-860 + GeForce 9800 GTX+
After I upgraded to 10.6.8 I tried to upgrade to ML 10.8.2 without success.
I then look at tonymac's forum to see if other hackintoshers were able to run ML on their ASUS mobo, and I found this guide by Lexone which help me quite a lot :
[Success]: ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 [Guide]

Mountain Lion install guide

A- Download unibeast 1.5:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=134

B- Purchase ML 10.8.2 on Apple store:
http://store.apple.com/us

C- Create USB disk with unibeast and ML, follow tonymac's guide here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeas...-based-pc.html

D- Install Mountain Lion 10.8.2

1-
turn on your hackintosh, press F8, select USB disk, click enter

2-
at the boot window, select USB, press any key, and enter boot flag PCIRootUID=0 and click enter

3-
at ML install window, launch disk utility, create mountain lion partition

4-
optional - correct Boot0 error if necessary (2TB disk), see tonymac's instructions here :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-e...ial-guide.html
briefly: unmount ML disk, close disk utility, open terminal and enter
dd if=/Volumes/USB/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk2s2
note: make sure drive device name is the correct one, in my case it was disk2s2, you can check it by going to info in disk utility and check disk drive device name
quit terminal
open disk utility and mount back your ML drive
quit disk utility

5-
install 10.8.2, it takes 21 minutes

6-
restart when prompt

7-
at boot, press F8, choose USB disk, enter, at boot window, choose mountain lion disk, press any key, then enter flag PCIRootUID=0 and click enter

8-
finish ML installation

9-
download DSDT editor from SamiSnake, see guide here on tonymac's forum:
[GUIDE] Creating your own DSDT for most boards
create your DSDT.aml file with DSDT editor following SamiSnake's tutorial

10- put DSDT.aml file on desktop

11-
download Multibeast Mountain Lion 5.1.3:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=148
launch Multibeast, select and install UserDSDT, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector & RealtekRTL81xx

Screen Shot 2012-11-09 at 10.38.37 PM.png

12-
restart and boot into your ML drive, no need to enter any boot flag, launch Multibeast, select and install VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3, you might get a KP right after the installation or at restart (i did get one!)

Screen Shot 2012-11-10 at 11.20.01 AM.png

13- hard reboot, check that you have internet access, sound and sleep. My display does auto turn-off, the HD does spin down, but the system doesn't auto-sleep, however if I put it to sleep via apple menu it does go to sleep and wake up with a mouse or keyboard click. Sound works great!

14-
enjoy!

GeekBench score

Screen Shot 2012-11-08 at 12.27.12 PM.png

Final comments

I wish I had a better geekbench score! any tweaking I can do?

Acknowledgments

Kudos to Lexone, Tonymac, Stork, Macman, SamiSnake, and the hackintosh community, you guys rock!

*[Success] Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on ASUS P7P55D-E-PRO

Great Guide for anyone with Asus P7P55D MB's. The key to success is upgrade to latest bios and create that DSDT and use DSDT install with Multibeast and follow Ay2P's guide! This will eliminate sound issues and provide sleep/wake for most Asus MB's of this series. Good work Ay2P!

Great Guide for anyone with Asus P7P55D MB's. The key to success is upgrade to latest bios and create that DSDT and use DSDT install with Multibeast and follow Ay2P's guide! This will eliminate sound issues and provide sleep/wake for most Asus MB's of this series. Good work Ay2P!

Thanks Red Zone! ;)

Ay2P thanks. Nice tutorial.

I make a restore copy to another drive when I get the base setup the way I want.

The new disk needs my USB drive to boot.

Can you tell me what to reload via multibeast to make the backup drive self booting.

I used multibeast from your step 11 and just did the user DSDT & block storage injector. It boots, so is this OK to overwrite some of the kexts?

Also, I have the p7p55d pro. All works so far except my audio. Any idea?

Thanks again.

Ay2P thanks. Nice tutorial.

I make a restore copy to another drive when I get the base setup the way I want.

The new disk needs my USB drive to boot.

Can you tell me what to reload via multibeast to make the backup drive self booting.

I used multibeast from your step 11 and just did the user DSDT & block storage injector. It boots, so is this OK to overwrite some of the kexts?

Also, I have the p7p55d pro. All works so far except my audio. Any idea?

Thanks again.

You have to install Chimera via MultiBeast on your cloned HD to make it bootable. If your cloned HD is more than 1TB, then you might also have a boot0 error, you can fix it with tonymac's guide here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

After step 11 (above in guide), you should install voodooHDA 0.2.7.3 kext. Did you do that?

I have the p7p55d pro.
All works fine except for the audio.

I have tried numerous combo's and occasionally I get audio to work, but then something else doesn't work.

I followed your instructions fully, except, I got the DST for my motherboard from Tonymac website. I have installed voodooHDA 0.2.7. and it shows up in my system preferences.

I get static for audio.

Excuse the newbie question, but can I just keep running multibeast and loading new audio drivers?

thanks

I have the p7p55d pro.
All works fine except for the audio.

I have tried numerous combo's and occasionally I get audio to work, but then something else doesn't work.

I followed your instructions fully, except, I got the DST for my motherboard from Tonymac website. I have installed voodooHDA 0.2.7. and it shows up in my system preferences.

I get static for audio.

Excuse the newbie question, but can I just keep running multibeast and loading new audio drivers?

thanks

I initially used tonymac's DSDT, and had the audio problem, then I found out that my bios version was 1502, tonymac's DSDT is for bios version 1602, so I then followed lexone's guide to create my own DSDT using SamySnake tutorial, and my audio was working perfectly with VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3! so I would suggest you check your bios version and create your own DSDT.
As for loading new audio drivers, I would remove the previous one, then do a repair permissions and rebuild cache before loading a new driver.
Good luck!

Hey Ay2P

My BIOS version is 1502 of the p7p55d-e Pro and I followed your guide and created my own DSDT and my audio is very crackly and popping and not working well. Did I need to do the "ALCxx Audio" portion of samisnake's guide? I did not do that and couldn't figure out if I needed to or not

Thanks

HI Guys,

I still have problem with audio.

After i install the audio driver and hard reboot everything went smooth. Sound does not have static sound.

But after i restart (manual restart) the static comes back.

Is there anything i can do?

Or Hackintosh cannot be restart?

Me too: everything works except the audio, which is garbled and crackling beyond recognition.

Like jfro (above), I used the DSDT from the tonymac DSDT database. That's for Bios version 1602 of the P55P7D-E Pro. Before starting, I replaced version 1502 with 1602 (from Asus' site).

Maybe that suggests there's something amiss with that DSDT file?
Or, jfro, have any of the other drivers resulted in audio success?

Thanks everyone, esp. Ay2P!

[Update: "titsmgee" has a (temporary) solution in this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...62759-audio-problems-asus-p7p55d-e-pro-2.html. He writes, "i was able to fix the problem by booting UseKernelCache=No without using the nullcpu.kext slightly longer boot time (3-5 secs) but well worth it." That's a useful workaround, at least]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back