Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Ventura on i9-10850K Z490M Gaming X

I really liked your approach to doing the bios mod and injecting the PowerPlay string via opencore, I went down that road. It worked great right up until I needed to reload and patch the bios with the RedBios editor

Just a note here. You don’t actually patch the graphics card BIOS in my guide. Instead all you are doing is getting the correct settings to pass to MacOS to change the behaviour of the card as injected at boot time using the PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable string.

Of course you can patch the actual graphics card BIOS, however I would not recommend this approach even if you have a dual BIOS setup on your card.

I am moving to a Sapphire 6900XT and will see if I can update this guide with a PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable string that disables ZeroRPM for that card.

DRM
I struggled to get DRM (specifically Apple TV+) working. Executing the following command was the final part of the puzzle.

Code:
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes
UPDATE:
  • For some reason this breaks FaceTime by not allowing remote video to stream and resulting in a "poor connection" message with audio but a grey screen if defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean true has been set and shikigva boot arguments are present.
  • Executing the following and removing shikigva boot arguments enables FaceTime to work correctly again defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean false
  • Executing defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes only seems to be required to start playing a video. After a video is started defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean false can be executed if you want use SharePlay in MacOS Monterey 12.1.
Thank you! This fixed DRM for iTunes movies and Apple TV+ for me (although Netflix and Prime still don't work). I don't use FaceTime on my hack, so I don't know if it's broken for me.

Can you share your Config.plist i have the same sistem and can you help me with the final Efi with the driver and
kexts
The EFI was posted in the first post of this thread.

Con you help me with a copy of your Config.plist
Find it attached at the end of post #1.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

Con you help me with a copy of your Config.plist
I have now posted my full EFI folder in the updated description for MacOS Ventura.

Please note that you must set your own values as per the Dortania guides to use this in the config.plist file and as per the warning in the description.

Back