Contribute
Register

[Success] Mojave on Lenovo Ideapad 320 15iKB (Model 80YH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, after some day and nights of deep searching, I've managed to install Mojave on my Ideapad 320, and I just want to share with you. And, if possible, get help with things that are still not working.

What's working:
Trackpad (It's a bit weird in mojave, can't 2 taps and drag, but 3 fingers drags and pointing works well)
HD620 (1536MB and HDMI working)
HDMI Audio
Ethernet
Brightness (The shortcuts are Fn+C and Fn+P, I don't know why, randomly discovered).

Not working:
Audio (I can get headphones working using VoodooHDA, but then HDMI sometimes works, sometimes don't)
Wi-Fi (Seems to be impossible to make this work, maybe replacing card)

So. I don't know much about DSDT Patching, actually I just took that DSDT from somewhere some time ago, worked on High Sierra and i just forgot from where I took it. And now, MaciASL doesn't open on Mojave and I can't do anything.

If some of you guys could take a look on it and see if I could get Audio and mic working (It's important to my job) I'd really appreciate.

EDIT 1:
I'm adding here my new EFI folder with better trackpad, audio fully working and some updated kexts.
To INSTALL you need to insert a invalid ig-platform-id, then, after installing and booting, you put it back.

Wi-Fi stills not working, and probably will never work.
Internal mic doesn't works on calls and chrome, but works in screen recorder, don't know why.

Using 10.14.3 with no problems so far.

EDIT 2:
I've faced some problems on 14.4 update, had to change the way the graphics where injected, and fixing the purple HDMI and HDMI audio. Anyway, new EFI folder attached.
I updated the title because looks like some people are using my EFI folders on others versions of ideapad 320 and it's not working, I'm pretty sure you just have to do some changes, so good luck.

Hello friend,
Thank you for sharing your EFI files, I have the same laptop and installed Mojave 10.14.3 but I have a problem with the battery it's taking a lot of time charging and only one hour or less on the battery.
Do you face the same problem?
also, could possibly let me know if I can update to 10.14.5 normally or must make changes on the kext or EFI folder?

Thank you so much

Hi @RehabMan
Can you help me fixing my DSDT errors? I'm trying to fix my touchpad as it's not working. I have attached my origin files. I removed the Firmware referenced at the top from DSDT.dsl file. I used below command for disassembling.

Code:
 iasl -dl -fe refs.txt DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

Attachments

• origin.zip
    86.8 KB · Views: 140
Hello again, I want to update my mackintosh to Mac 10.14.5, I am on 10.14.1, but on the system update does not show it up. What can I do?

Hello again, I want to update my mackintosh to Mac 10.14.5, I am on 10.14.1, but on the system update does not show it up. What can I do?
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

"I don't know" is not a make and model of any laptop I have heard of before

also if you haven't installed as APFS then you won't have any updates

Hello,

Im trying to install Mojave into my Ideapad 320, but i cant boot into system Mac OS, only boot Mac OS recovery partition is booting. Has anyone had this problem? I do not have nvdia video card, just intel hd 620.

Last edited:
hey friends hows going, I manged my kext and my Lenovo Ideapad 320 with i5 7200u, but all I need now is the power management and HDMI, I don't know how to make it work, thx

Hey, I have a 330 i5-8250U model with intel HD graphics 620 as well, mine is 15iKBR, just can't tell if it's 80yh, where can I look at this?

And do you still use him? Any news on Wi-fi and audio?

Hey, I have a 330 i5-8250U model with intel HD graphics 620 as well, mine is 15iKBR, just can't tell if it's 80yh, where can I look at this?

And do you still use him? Any news on Wi-fi and audio?
Audio will work with AppleALC and ”alcid=20” boot arg, wifi is not supported yet, did fix power management and HDMI ?

I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!
JUST INSTALLED ON LENOVO IDEAPAD 520 i3 7th Gen!
Intel HD 620 Working, sleep working, HDMI working
Audio Working, internal speakers working
bluethoot working
Trackpad not working

Hello, this EFI folder is working on Mac OS 10.14.5, 10.14.6 o even Catalina?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back