Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Using this excellent guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...orking-and-easily-affordable-customac.224812/

It works perfectly for Mojave as well.

The build is an HP Elite 8300 SFF but with the following changes:
-Pentium G840 processor (don't know why, originally it was an i5, but it's refurbished so maybe the I5 died?)
-Radeon X560 low profile video card (I recommend these for SFF computers, works out of the box with mojave).

I followed the aforementioned guide to the letter and everything works including iMessage/FaceTime, Audio etc.

Glad to hear the guide was helpful. Did you use a fake CPU ID for your Sandy Bridge Pentium ?
If not, how does it look in your "About this Mac" on your Mojave install ?

When you use a pentium you miss out on some features like CPU PM but you can save a few dollars
on the total system cost. I've seen used G840s selling for $5.99 on Ebay. I think someone took the i5
out and replaced it with this to make more profit on the sale to you.

Last edited:
I did fake cpu indeed. Though i think i didnt need to
As i did skip the power management part because I didn't care.

I did not pay much for the8300 (about 120€) but it could be that he made a profit by swapping cpu. Performance wise it only matters if I use it for something heavy which i won't. Runs super smooth so far

I did fake cpu indeed. Though i think i didn't need to
Yes, Pentiums need a fake CPU ID to work in a hackintosh. You can always upgrade to a core i3-3225 for about 25 dollars on Ebay. Then it will perform much like a real Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back