CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
what is the correct config for a RX560 in Mojave?
You need to install Lilu kext and Whatevergreen kext to /library/extensions. Use Kextbeast.

Motherboard
GA-EP45-UDRL
CPU
E8400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
You need to install Lilu kext and Whatevergreen kext to /library/extensions. Use Kextbeast.
Thanks for the suggest I already have that files in the clover USB (clover/kext/other), and still the problem with Mouse and Keyboard in installation, As I got to run the installation using the GT9600, then I take the HD to other computer and copy into the /library/extensions Whatevergreen the Lilu kext, I also replace the existing files for the LE.zip as is suggest in the start of this post , and change the telemetry plugin also, But evan that the system doesn’t boot with the recent Mojave installed, I couldn’t use Kextbeast because I can not boot into that system.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
my system is a “intel core duo quad” ,should i try with other models?
I think that some of your problems with Mojave are due to the fact that your Core 2 Quad CPU doesn't support the SSE 4.2 instruction set. I don't think it even supports SSE 4.1. In simpler terms, it's just too old to work with Mojave. If you want to keep this hardware it would be better to run an older version of macOS that fully supports your older CPU.

All of these developments have been oriented toward support for real-time graphics, and are therefore oriented toward processing in two, three, or four dimensions, usually with vector lengths of between two and sixteen words, depending on data type and architecture. When new SIMD architectures need to be distinguished from older ones, the newer architectures are then considered "short-vector" architectures, as earlier SIMD and vector supercomputers had vector lengths from 64 to 64,000. A modern supercomputer is almost always a cluster of MIMD computers, each of which implements (short-vector) SIMD instructions. A modern desktop computer is often a multiprocessor MIMD computer where each processor can execute short-vector SIMD instructions.

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-EP45-UDRL
CPU
E8400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I think that some of your problems with Mojave are due to the fact that your Core 2 Quad CPU doesn't support the SSE 4.2 instruction set. I don't think it even supports SSE 4.1. In simpler terms, it's just too old to work with Mojave. If you want to keep this hardware it would be better to run an older version of macOS that fully supports your older CPU.

But @xRotorHead (that is who starts this thread) it saids " Successfully built a hack of macOS Mojave 10.14.2 on this (old but not dead) Gigabyte EP45-UD3L (rev 1.0) motherboard with a Core2Duo E8400 CPU” that is very similar , it supports SSE 4.1 see picture.

What OSX do you suggest to use with my MB Gigabyte EP45-UD3L (rev 1.0) , Intel-Core2-Quad-Q9400 and GPU MSI aero RX 560 4Gb ? I was running mavericks , but doesn’t runs now with RX 580, then I have to install a new OSX

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
MacBook, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Thanks for the suggest I already have that files in the clover USB (clover/kext/other), and still the problem with Mouse and Keyboard in installation, As I got to run the installation using the GT9600, then I take the HD to other computer and copy into the /library/extensions Whatevergreen the Lilu kext, I also replace the existing files for the LE.zip as is suggest in the start of this post , and change the telemetry plugin also, But evan that the system doesn’t boot with the recent Mojave installed, I couldn’t use Kextbeast because I can not boot into that system.
Is the Mouse and Keyboard USB? attach Clover Folder in zip format.

Motherboard
GA-EP45-UDRL
CPU
E8400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Is the Mouse and Keyboard USB? attach Clover Folder in zip format.
yes are both USB, the mouse is cordless, the transmitter is plug in a USB, the keyboard is with cable, attached the EFI.zip that includes glover folder is attached .

Attachments

Motherboard
Thinkpad T61-Clover
CPU
T9300
Graphics
NVS 140m, 1280x800
Mac
MacBook Pro
@cqrendo There are Mojave / Legacy NVidia solutions that are not supported in this forum. Since I'm not one to pretend that they don't exist, consider Google to be your friend. Just Google 'Mojave Legacy NVidia Patcher'

I'm sorry that I can't help you with getting the RX card working on your socket 775. I didn't bother to try after my legacy NVidia card worked just fine on my old 775 system.

Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
MacBook, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
yes are both USB, the mouse is cordless, the transmitter is plug in a USB, the keyboard is with cable, attached the EFI.zip that includes glover folder is attached .
Try this. I have seen this activity on older hardware in the past where USB doesnt work. This can be caused HPET issues or Kernel Cache problems could even require USB Fixes.

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-EP45-UDRL
CPU
E8400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
@cqrendo There are Mojave / Legacy NVidia solutions that are not supported in this forum. Since I'm not one to pretend that they don't exist, consider Google to be your friend. Just Google 'Mojave Legacy NVidia Patcher'

I'm sorry that I can't help you with getting the RX card working on your socket 775. I didn't bother to try after my legacy NVidia card worked just fine on my old 775 system.
Thank you very much for your answer, but after the following history, I will keep with RX-560, that recently I was able to make work in OSX Sierra,

I has decide to try Mojave In my MOBO as @xRotorHead that initiates this thread saying that he was succesfull, but didn't work for me, then I post the problem and @trs96 answer that my GPU, wasn’t valid for Mojave he saids
“This card does “not have support in Mojave. Get a Kepler based card instead. GT 710 will work”
then I search some info and found that performance was not much difference than the GT9600 , then after several post, I got the conclusion that I could not only get a more compatible GPU with mojave also much better performance with AMD randeon RX-560, then I bought one but not way to make works with Mojave . Now I already got the RX-560, and works fine and better with windows, I don’t have any intention to go back to GT9600, even If doesn’t work with Mojave, at the moment I was able to use with osX Sierra . that combined with a Apple macbook SSD (with SATA Adapter) it works with a nice performance.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
That my GPU, wasn’t valid for Mojave he saids
“This card does “not have support in Mojave.
What I actually said was that your Core2Duo CPU doesn't support SSE 4.2 which makes it possible for the RX 560 to work properly in Mojave. The RX 560 does have full support in Mojave when used with a newer CPU. It then works with no problems. That is why I said to use an older version of macOS like Sierra to get the 560 to work. Sierra doesn't require a CPU with SSE 4.2 instructions.

Last edited: