CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Google "Mojave 9800gt" and you'll be surprised.
@cqrendo was asking about the 9600 GT. Really no reason to use a card that old and slow from February 2008. The 9600GT has no Metal support so it's quite limited in newer versions of macOS. The Kepler cards from about 2012/13 are natively supported. Prices are very low and they just work without any workarounds or compromises. Other than that, HD4000 igfx are much better than 9600/9800GT cards. Many Ivy bridge CPUs have HD4000. Anyone can buy a low cost HP/Dell Ivy Bridge based pre-built with an HD4000 CPU and have fully supported graphics (Metal II) in Mojave.
Screen Shot 24.jpg

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-EP45-UDRL
CPU
E8400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Is
@cqrendo was asking about the 9600 GT. Really no reason to use a card that old and slow from February 2008. The 9600GT has no Metal support so it's quite limited in newer versions of macOS. The Kepler cards from about 2012/13 are natively supported. Prices are very low and they just work without any workarounds or compromises. Other than that, HD4000 igfx are much better than 9600/9800GT cards. Many Ivy bridge CPUs have HD4000. Anyone can buy a low cost HP/Dell Ivy Bridge based pre-built with an HD4000 CPU and have fully supported graphics (Metal II) in Mojave.
View attachment 434879
Is true , finally I order a RX560 , that is much faster than 9600 GT, and hope that will work fine with Mojave. any way is good to know that exist workarround for 9800 GT, thanks @deeveedee got the info.

Motherboard
Thinkpad T61-Clover
CPU
T9300
Graphics
NVS 140m, 1280x800
Mac
MacBook Pro
I have read in other forums that the RADEON RX cards require UEFI capable systems. If you get your RX560 working with your old Socket 775 motherboard, that would be great news. I'm still running legacy NVidia cards (9800GT, 8600GT on desktops and NVS140m, NVS3100m on laptops) with Mojave and they work perfectly. Performance (even with multiple monitors) is outstanding (but I'm not a gamer). I'd also be interested to know if you see RX560 performance benefits with a Socket 775 CPU.

Motherboard
GA-EP45-UDRL
CPU
E8400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have read in other forums that the RADEON RX cards require UEFI capable systems. If you get your RX560 working with your old Socket 775 motherboard, that would be great news. I'm still running legacy NVidia cards (9800GT, 8600GT on desktops and NVS140m, NVS3100m on laptops) with Mojave and they work perfectly. Performance (even with multiple monitors) is outstanding (but I'm not a gamer). I'd also be interested to know if you see RX560 performance benefits with a Socket 775 CPU.
The RX is working a least in Windows, I make some benchmark test (see attached picture ) and is faster, but I wasn’t able to start Mojave installer, is stoped in the same step ( see attached picture ) as with GeForce 9600 GT

Attachments

Motherboard
Thinkpad T61-Clover
CPU
T9300
Graphics
NVS 140m, 1280x800
Mac
MacBook Pro
The RX is working a least in Windows, I make some benchmark test (see attached picture ) and is faster, but I wasn’t able to start Mojave installer, is stoped in the same step ( see attached picture ) as with GeForce 9600 GT
Looks like you're making progress! I have Mojave installed on a Socket 775 (CPU is a converted Xeon E5450 socket 771). To permit the Mojave install, I changed my Model to iMac14,2. For some reason, Mojave would continue the installation even though I had a non-metal video card. Maybe you could try the same trick. After Mojave was installed, I changed the MacModel to the closest system match (for me, because of the Xeon CPU, my closest match is MacPro3,1) and I used the Clover no-compat-check boot flag to allow Mojave to boot on an incompatible model. I'm not sure which model you should use on your system. Way to be persistent!

Motherboard
GA-EP45-UDRL
CPU
E8400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Looks like you're making progress! I have Mojave installed on a Socket 775 (CPU is a converted Xeon E5450 socket 771). To permit the Mojave install, I changed my Model to iMac14,2. For some reason, Mojave would continue the installation even though I had a non-metal video card. Maybe you could try the same trick. After Mojave was installed, I changed the MacModel to the closest system match (for me, because of the Xeon CPU, my closest match is MacPro3,1) and I used the Clover no-compat-check boot flag to allow Mojave to boot on an incompatible model. I'm not sure which model you should use on your system. Way to be persistent!
how do you apply this Clover no-compat-check boot flag ?
I was able to get to Mojave installation screen, but with out mouse and keyboard, and using the attached File instead of the one of this thread for EP4-UDRL, I am comparing both, and copying from that one to the attached one, but until now no way to get ride of not mouse and not keyboard problem, I already try with iMac14,2, but my system is a “intel core duo quad” ,should i try with other models?

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Thinkpad T61-Clover
CPU
T9300
Graphics
NVS 140m, 1280x800
Mac
MacBook Pro
@cqrendo If you got to the boot screen, your strategy might be good enough for you. Don't worry about the no-compat-check flag. I don't see any PS2 kexts in your EFI. Are you using a USB mouse and USB keyboard?

Motherboard
GA-EP45-UDRL
CPU
E8400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
@cqrendo If you got to the boot screen, your strategy might be good enough for you. Don't worry about the no-compat-check flag. I don't see any PS2 kexts in your EFI. Are you using a USB mouse and USB keyboard?
Yes , I am using usb mouse and keyboard

Motherboard
Thinkpad T61-Clover
CPU
T9300
Graphics
NVS 140m, 1280x800
Mac
MacBook Pro
Have you tried different USB ports (e.g. try "rear-panel ports" instead of "front-panel" ports)? If so, hopefully someone can share the working BIOS settings for your motherboard. Your USB BIOS config might be wrong.

EDIT: @cqrendo - I took another look in the EFI folder that you posted and noticed that you don't have a DSDT in your ACPI/patched folder. You also have lots of unnecessary kexts in your kexts/Other folder and you're missing drivers in your drivers/BIOS folder. I think you should get an award of some kind just for getting to the Mojave installation screen with this configuration :)

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-EP45-UDRL
CPU
E8400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
@deeveedee , @trs96
I put back GT9600 GT, and then I get mouse and keyboard, but the last step when suppose to boot the new installation hangs in black screen, Then it seems that the problem with RX560 is related some configuration, what is the correct config for a RX560 in Mojave?