Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Mojave | i7-4790K | Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WiFi | ASUS Radeon RX 580 8GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a note to anyone who still has this gen hardware - upgraded to Catalina no problems. Just got the latest Clover + kexts, install was super smooth.
How did you manage your USBs as there is a release of limit? Are you just using @ski4evr SSDT for Catalina too?
Did you make your own SSDT? If yes, would you please share it for an easier update for others (including me) that are going to 10.15.x from 10.14.x sooner or later?

How did you manage your USBs as there is a release of limit? Are you just using @ski4evr SSDT for Catalina too?
Did you make your own SSDT? If yes, would you please share it for an easier update for others (including me) that are going to 10.15.x from 10.14.x sooner or later?

yeah, same SSDT posted here. I'm not sure if anyone posted a Z97 SSDT, but if you need to make one for your Z97 board its not too hard using hackintool. follow the instructions inside hackintool in the USB section. use a USB2/3 hub for easy testing of ports.

Oloorin, I have the quite ecxacly same build as you. I guess that I'm having poor graphic performance on macOS Mojave, comparing it with windows 10.
Have you ever run Unigine Heaven? I'm getting 20/25 fps on Mojave and 60/70fps on Windows, using the same settings. I'm having a poor performance of RX 580 on my hack?

its been a good while since I've posted. I need a refresher on how to inject SSDT files. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I figured it out:)

Last edited:
Attached is the custom usb ssdt I created using an awesome guide by @RehabMan .

Caution: The attached SSDT-UIAC file
  • is written for a GA-Z/H97n motherboard that has the internal wifi card removed and a front panel USB 3.0 hub
  • requires USBInjectAll.kext, FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext in L/E (post #18)
  • goes in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
Thank you for this, I followed oloorin's guide and got everything running perfectly except for usb 3.0 . I have removed the original WiFi card and replaced it with a compatible one so got WiFi and Bluetooth working.

Will using this ssdt affect my WiFi? I only need the usb 3.0 sorted thoughts?

@lucas1188, use this one instead. The original SSDT-UIAC.aml I posted earlier in this thread did not have the slot on the motherboard for the WiFi/Bluetooth card enabled. The one attached to this post does, HP25.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    962 bytes · Views: 66
Thanks @Oloorin for this Guide, after failed attempts following another guide meant for graphics card too I decided to just use the on-board as I wasn't getting far. My Geforce 210 has some age already and probably becoming non-compatible by now. I'm selling it and most likely getting a GTX 760.

I did a fresh Mojave install, wiped Sierra and started over.

Followed this guide as it comes but:
Used both AppleIntel and Atheros ethernet kexts for both ports to work;
Clover was already in full resolution for me so did not change BIOS.

Boot was not smooth, it would restart during boot, USB 3.0 ports would not work.

I tried injecting Intel at clover screen, and it boots fine, but still 5 minutes to boot (I then added Inject Intel with Clover Config.)
I then realised my Geforce210 card was still inside, removed it, now booting time is now 50 secs.

All the rest is working including graphics, Wifi and Bluetooth (BCM94352)

I removed the apple.com power managements kexts but Sleep still makes it restart, I went back inside L/E and one of them was there again(?) so put them both back in.

@lucas1188, use this one instead. The original SSDT-UIAC.aml I posted earlier in this thread did not have the slot on the motherboard for the WiFi/Bluetooth card enabled. The one attached to this post does, HP25.
Thanks for that @ski4evr, right before you replied I copied your SSDT file as in post #19 and got USB 3.0 ports working (Wifi and bluetooth did not seem to be affected) however connected devices were coming up as 2.0 in System Report.

I now replaced them with this last version you send (post #33) just to be safe. However still same result in System Report.

Do you know how to get Sleep/Wake working, any pointers?

Also, my Wifi/B card is the BCM94352 but System Report under usb hub says it's
BCM20702A0?

Here's my reporting files:

Attachments

• debug_26068.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 59

Hey thanks for both files, I have noticed much better stability using this, but I actually bought on eBay years ago a Bluetooth/WiFi card which Apple supports out of the box, and they are not working. But, frankly, I really don't need either. I just thought I would spin up the new file and see if the support returned. Simply put, I prefer stable USB over wireless anyways.

I'm selling it and most likely getting a GTX 760.
Don't buy Nvidia, Apple stopped supporting their cards since Mojave. Get a supported Radeon, it should work out of the box.

booting time is now 50 secs.
Have you disabled "debug" option in Clover configurator? My boot was super long, and after disabling it it's like 15 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back