Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Mojave | i7-4790K | Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WiFi | ASUS Radeon RX 580 8GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to try this method today. Can get UniBeast Mojave USB to work? I had Sierra running perfect with all features including WiFi, and handoff, etc. I want to upgrade to Mojave so I will be following this guide. I have no graphics card, and I have an i5-4600 with HD 4600 graphics. Hopefully this works:)

I added 7/8/9/ Series USB support but all usbs stop responding as soon as I install multibeast configuration. Any ideas on what could fix this?

Attached is the custom usb ssdt I created using an awesome guide by @RehabMan .

Caution: The attached SSDT-UIAC file
  • is written for a GA-Z/H97n motherboard that has the internal wifi card removed and a front panel USB 3.0 hub
  • requires USBInjectAll.kext, FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext in L/E (post #18)
  • goes in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    928 bytes · Views: 302
Below are screenshots of the kexts I have in L/E and EFI/Clover/kexts/other.
  • Make sure you don't have any kexts from previous attempts lingering around that may be causing problems. The ones highlighted in blue for the L/E folder are the ones I have from the post-install process. The others are from Apple and a subsequent HP printer install.
  • Make sure your BIOS settings are correct. I haven't messed with my BIOS settings for years. I good reference is @Stork . Search some of his builds with the H/Z97 motherboard. They'll have BIOS settings listed
View attachment 389276

View attachment 389277

• is written for a GA-Z/H97n motherboard that has the internal wifi card removed and a front panel USB 3.0 hub
  • requires USBInjectAll.kext, FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext in L/E (post #18)
THANK YOU!

@Oloorin
I have a similar build and have been running Yosemite 10.10.1 since. I've actually been scared to even do the 10.10.5 combo update. I have Intel i7-4790K Processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4096 MB, 2 x 8GB HyperX. If I tried to upgrade to Mojave, you think I'll face major issues. What are the biggest obstacles? I had a friend help me build years ago but in need to upgrade to keep up with the times.

thanks for posting your SSDT! very helpful

to anyone else upgrading their older h/z87n rigs to Mojave, the major changes needed are:
- power management change to using 'PluginType'
- USBinjectAll + SSDT
- use Lilu + WhateverGreen

there are guides for all of those on this site

Wow thank you so much

Wow thank you so much
You're welcome. Once I figured out how to build the SSDT for USB, I've used them for all of my builds. No USB glitches (there can be many) and I never have to wait for patches when an OS update is released.

Oloorin's Trash Can - mini-iTX Deluxe Build:
GA-Z97N-WiFi - i7-4790K - ASUS Radeon RX 580

I have almost the same hardware except for the CPU, I will be installing the system tonight, after i had a problem with the Nvidia drivers that i couldn't install ..... well i have zero knowledge with mach and Hackintosh.

I hope all goes well with this installation. I will take a look at your post, and I hope you can maybe assist me with if I need a little help.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys! I have a quite similar build. Everthing is working great with no problems.
Recently, I tested my old PNY GTX760 2gb on my build to compare the performance between the both graphic cards. For my surprise, i got better results with the GTX 760.

Heaven Benchmark:
RX 580: 20/22 fps
GTX 760: 28/30fps

CineBEnch:
RX580: 90/95 fps
GTX 760: 103/107 fps

GRID Autosport on ultra settings
RX580: 35/50 fps
GTX760 up to 70fps.

I'm running macOS 10.14 now, the both cards worked plug and play. I'm afraid of my brand new RX is getting a big performance loss compared to the 5 yrs old GTX760. There is any way to test that for real besides this ones I've maded till now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back