Amazon

Corsair CS-Series 550 Watt Powersupply
Amazon

TP-Link T9E - AC1900 Wifi Card
Amazon

Fractal Design Gaming Case
Amazon

Comments

This build wasn't meant to be used for Hackintosh in the first place. Since the Chipset on the motherboard works fine with
all versions of MacOs since Sierra, i updated the build with OOB perhipherals like the AC1900 and the RX560. Installation
of MacOs is simple and fast as you will read below.

Pre-Installation

What do you need :

1 - MacOs Mojave from the AppStore
2 - UniBeast 9.0.0. from here
3 - Mulitbeast High Sierra Editon from here
4 - Clover Configurator from here
5 - Usb Stick with enough free space

What you do :

1 - With Unibeast 9.0.0 build a Bootable USB in EUFI mode with Mojave from Appstore
2 - Reboot your computer and enter the BIOS settings with F2
3 - In bios, load "Default Settings"
4 - Change to "Advanced Moce" in the bios
5 - Change these parameters in the Bios:

- Secure Bootmode : DISABLED
- Change OS Type to : Other OS
- XHCI Handoff : Enabled

6 - Save and Exit the bios.

Installation

1 - Insert the USB stick you just created in any USB port
2 - Hold down the F8 Key to enter the bootmenu
3 - Choose the Usb-Stick in EUFI mode and installation will start

Note :

You don't need to do some extras to get Mojave installed on your SSD/Harddrive. You can plug your monitor into the HDMI or DP port. No Intel Internal GFX needed. The RX560 is supported OOB in Mojave. Just go thru the steps which you need to get Mojave installed (like a normal mac). The Installation will reboot a couple of times, so make sure every time the computer is rebooted you hit F8 and select to USB stick again to boot back into Mojave.

Post-Install

1 - When booted in Mojave, Open Clover Configurator and mount the EFI of your SSD/Harddrive
2 - Als Mount the EFI from the bootable USB-Stick you just installed Mojave from
3 - Replace the contents of the EFI folder from the SSD with the content of the EFI folder from the USB-Stick.
(this will make Mojave bootable). Also Change in "SMBIOS" tab Imac 14,2 to MacPro 6,1! *explain later*
4 - Save and reboot system and with F8 boot into the SSD (EUFI), and Mojave will boot as normal.
5 - Once back in the os, open Mulitbeast High Sierra edition
6 - Tick the "Drivers" tab
7 - Select "AppleALC"
8 - Also select "Realtek-ALC" menu and choose : "ALC887/888b" (3th one from the top)
9 - Go to "Build" and build ONLY the audio part. (Make sure to not choose any bootloader or anything else..just Realtek!)
10 - Close Mulitbeast and reboot one more time.

Note :

I did try VOODOOhda, but it gave a bad sound in many cases. Too much noise, crackling sounds, so i tried the realtek driver
like i explained above. Works like a charm! When rebooted, select the desired output from the audio settings menu. I use the green-output on the back of the case, but headphones (in the front) work aswell of course.

Like i said you have to change the SMBIOS version from Imac 14,2 to MacPro 6,1. This makes Preview view Jpg's again.

Anything Else ?

No. These easy steps make installation of Mojave like a breeze on this hardware. The RX560 is supported out of the box on Mojave, so no dealing with kexts of whatevergreens and what not. The AC1900 wifi adapter works out of the box aswell. Also
the Gigabit Ethernet controller works. It's not the newest build, but if you can get your hands on some of the main parts...this motherboard will give you no trouble in getting Mojave up and running. Later i will post some benchmarks.

Last edited:
it's amazing how good compatible is your system. I'm running the same family of CPU Haswell with the i7 4770k and runs great, very fast macOS to be a old family already. I will buy the RX 560 following your guide to run in Mojave. My GTX 970 doesn't work well. Do you havesome advice before I buy the RX 560 AMD?
Captura de pantalla 2019-04-12 a las 17.38.49.png

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07DR4BZ2X/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21

I’ve got a low profile RX 560 arriving today I’m going to test out for a potential move to Mojave.

I am mainly just looking for the best Oob compatibility in a gpu that’s a bit better than Intel UHD 630, and the RX560 seemed like a good affordable option.

Excited seeing this report to that effect

What's up¡

I'm looking the same. Almost the 100% of my hardware is OOB compatible in Mojave and High Sierra .Then of install the OS I don't need to install any driver or kext. So I want to add one GPU that also works natively on the Mojave.

The AMD GPU will always perform much much better than the iGPU of Intel even just on the Desktop performance,

I recommend you also the WiFi and Bluetooth original card to use in High Sierra and Mojave. This card just works perfectly even on the BIOS without load any OS. ¡crazy

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21

what's up¡

I'm looking the same. Almost the 100% of my hardware is OOB compatible in Mojave and High Sierra .Then of install the OS I don't need to install any driver or kext. So I want to add one GPU that also works natively on the Mojave.

The AMD GPU will always perform much much better than the iGPU of Intel even just on the Desktop performance,

I recommend you also the WiFi and Bluetooth original card to use in High Sierra and Mojave. This card just works perfectly even on the BIOS without load any OS. ¡crazy

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21

Yep I’m running a BCM94360CS2 from here:

It’s in an adapter slotted into the normal built in WiFi/BT slot on the Z370N WiFi board.
It’s 100% native. It all works perfectly even during install.

Once you get used to any component like this being totally native, it starts to get compelling and addictive. Lol - that is what is drawing me to an RX 560 potentially

Yep I’m running a BCM94360CS2 from here:

It’s in an adapter slotted into the normal built in WiFi/Bt slot on the Z370n WiFi board.
It’s 100% native. It all works perfectly even during install.

Once you get used to any component like this being totally native, it starts to get compelling and addictive. Lol - that is what is drawing me to an RX 560 potentially

yes exactly¡¡ I think the same, install an alien OS like this and have 100% of compatibility just at the beginning feel's just great but, I always want more and now im looking already for the new chipset Z390 and the i9 9900k,i just feel that if I make the change I will not feel very much the performance and I will probably lost all of my hardware compatibility with the new Z390 boards,

u know some site to check hardware natively compatible that update the data?

I don’t have any experience with those components, but I will say be careful in general.

I have learned through several of these builds over the years to be wary of the grass being greener on the other side of a fully working machine. Haha

I don’t have any experience with those components, but I will say be careful in general.

I have learned through several of these builds over the years to be wary of the grass being greener on the other side of a fully working machine. Haha

Not in my case. I think I was very lucky. I got the right motherboard that is 100% compatible with high Sierra and Mojave. So now I just need to update the GPU for Mojave

I've just purchased the RX 560, here in Spain is about 99 Euros. Isaw on youtube that can run the latest games at 1080p 30-50 fps wich is very crazy for 99 Euros. I think the potential macOS more than enough even to run screens on 5K resolution. OOB compatible. I think spend more for OSX is not worth it. I have one GTX 1080 for Windows, in this case, it's worth it.

Let us know how it goes with your RX560!

Mine is fully native and awesome, but I can't get the fans to ever go below 30% (2800 rpm), even when just idling.

I'm on a little MSI RX 560 Low Profile though.
Might be this card or perhaps even something wrong with this card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back