Contribute
Register

[Success] Mojave 14.2 on GA-Z370P D3+i5-8600K+IntelHD630

Status
Not open for further replies.
@CaseySJ

Well this is getting frustrating. I tested both options and the results were the same for both. Here was my process:
1) update Config.plist with "Option" code
2) Shutdown
3) Connect HDMI to (still) missing HDMI port
4) Boot. At password entry screen, display go's dark; hot swap to the other (working) HDMI port
5) Login, then check results

I have double checked the Option code each time before restarting. I even captured the booted plist to verify the appropriate Option was utilized. I performed each Option test twice.

I fully see what we are trying to do, but the FB Patcher shows the same result as one connection, row 2. Ive attached some redundant screens to show the correct UHD 630 Framebuffer. Are we at a standstill? I know you indicated early on that the current (working) HDMI port might now be able to handle both HDMI 1.2 and 2.0 support. I know the other HDMI works b/c prior to obtaining acceleration, I could swap cables, but it would require a reboot to detect the new input. Where do we go from here? I kinda hijacked this now un-related thread.

Thanks in advance.
Your thoroughness is refreshing! To avoid highjacking this thread any further, let's continue this in the General Framebuffer Patching Guide, where this sort of this thing is par for the course. I'll reply there and you should get notified.

Hi there,
Finally, I got the MoBo (Z370P D3) and a CPU i3 8100. I intend to get a dGPU (Rx 560 or 580) when my budget allows me. For now, I do not have any graphic acceleration. More than that, the display can't sleep (when the computer sleeps, the display just freezes, but comes back at a mouse or keyboard touch). I am totally zero at coding or programming, so I tried all the solutions found in the forums, but nothing worked. I'll attach my EFI folder and what I get in "system report" about the display. Thank you in advance.
Later edit. I resolved this after the tutorial here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ave-have-only-7mb-graphics-or-no-hdmi.264751/
Maybe it helps anyone else in my situation. Cheers.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    39.3 MB · Views: 537
  • Screenshot 2019-01-24 at 11.34.55.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-01-24 at 11.34.55.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Hi, thank you for your guide. I have the same configuration but at the end I obtain a pink screen. How can I solve this issue? Thanks.

Hi, question for you, since this build, have you try to update the firmware to the latest one? F11.
I tried once with my build (same board than you), and it didn't boot. I don't remember what was the error, because I went back directly to my previous bios version. But I just want to know if you did it. The reason is that I am thinking of upgrading to a core i9 and for this I need the F11 bios version.

Although I consider myself an experienced Hackintosher, after buying new hardware I followed this guide. My hardware is similar, only I use a RX580 videocard and not the HD630. I learned that it's not a good idea to disable the integrated graphics in the BIOS (even when you're not using it), this results in issues with Preview (images cannot be opened). Everything works flawless using this guide, so kudo's for that!

Only I found that sleep doesn't work completely as expected. Auto sleep after XX minutes idle doesn't work (never worked on any system for me), but I can live with that. The Fenvi card keeps my Mac awake when Power Nap is enabled, but I am not using WiFi on this card. So I disabled WiFi and Power Nap works fine. The only thing I cannot put my finger on is that after about +/- 24 hours of sleep, my Mac just shuts down. No crash, no KP what so ever, just shutdown. I would like it to just sleep for days and being able to wake it in BT whenever I like. I haven't tried disabling Power Nap yet though.

I thought maybe it's a Mojave feature, but my MacBook doesn't do this and I cannot find anything using Google. How's this working for you guys?

Some owners of 8th Gen Core CPUs have posted screenshots in which the iGPU device ID appears to be 3E98, which I thought was exclusive to the 9th Gen. Your "Graphics/Displays" screenshot shows device ID 3E92, which sounds right. Because there are still a fair number of 8th Gen owners of 370 chipsets reporting Black Screens with their iGPUs, I'm curious if your successful out-of-box result is due to the specific arrangement of video ports on this motherboard: VGA, DVI, HDMI, but no DP.

And you didn't even have to switch to OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000...

In other words, I wonder how widely applicable your build procedure is to owners of other motherboards with the same 370 chipset and 8th Gen CPU, but those owners should certainly pay attention to this guide.
i make same instalation on the same board , with usb unibeast highs sierra or mojave , same easy instalation, no setup on bios, ( default bios ) , i must to put usb mac os instaler in usb 2.0 to go. in multi beast , audio apple alc, all usb inject, uefi boot mode, etc ) all work perfect, Video rx580 saphire

Hi, How about NVRAM for GA-Z370P D3?

Thank you in advance for your help.

i used adata 7000, was ok .But ai change motherboard with z390 aorus pro, and adata 7000 make 2800pct and adata 6000 35000-38000 pct geekbench. now I wait for a samsung 970 256gb. I can send efi for z370 and z390 , for z390 more elaborated. sory for my english

video rx580 , z390 aorus pro 35000- 38000 geekbench. 32gb ram adata 6000 256gb

Hi, question for you, since this build, have you try to update the firmware to the latest one? F11.
I tried once with my build (same board than you), and it didn't boot. I don't remember what was the error, because I went back directly to my previous bios version. But I just want to know if you did it. The reason is that I am thinking of upgrading to a core i9 and for this I need the F11 bios version.

Very good point.
After several hours of fail I downgraded my bios version from F11 back to F5 and I got to run the newest version of Mojave (10.14.3).
Also make sure to use an USB 2.0 port (NOT USB 3.0).

I installed MacOS without all these settings just with the "native" UniBeast stick and the recommended BIOS/UEFI settings. After that I copied the EFI partition from unibeast stick to EFI partition of my Mojave drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back