RX 6800 XT
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
  3. SE
  4. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After a few abortive attempts (you need the ICH10R patch and carefully selected AMD card), I finally have a fully functioning Mojave install on my ancient P7P55D-E-Pro / x3480 / Lynnfield-era board. Amazing. Had to upgrade my old GTX460 to an RX580 along the way - but really surprised to still be hacking in 2018/9!

RX580 Black screen solved: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-msi-armor-8gb-rx580-black-screen.263476/#post-1858475

Patching the ICHR Controller to install: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-asus-p7p55d-e-pro.246638/#post-1827132

Brilliant. Using 5.1 MacPro system definition, and removing various patches I'd tried when attempting to get the HDMI/AMD RX580 working (rename GFX0 to IGPU, rename PEGP to GFX0, Change GFX0._ADR to Zero, Rename HDEF to AZAL and Rename HECI to IMEI) and I now have both HDMI (Fit Headless) and DP (my main screen) working properly.

IORegistryExplorer now shows my GFx card as "GFX0@0". Yay!

Wow I’ve the same motherboard but x3440 and a gtx 970 I’m looking forward to instal high Sierra or Mojave can you share your efi folder so I can take some inspiration? Please!

@Geppy98, please update your profile (account details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Your graphics card is not supported in Mojave due to the lack of Nvidia web drivers.

I’ve updated my profile description,
I’m thinking about upgrading to a amd card... for now I just want to install high Sierra with a “vanilla installation” I get always stuck to the drive selection screen in the high Sierra installer... it says “ this computer doesn’t have firmware” (or something along those lines) or can’t install 10.13.6 on this drive...
Please help me I’m freaking out ahahaha

for now I just want to install high Sierra with a “vanilla installation” I get always stuck to the drive selection screen in the high Sierra installer... it says “ this computer doesn’t have firmware” (or something along those lines) or can’t install 10.13.6 on this drive...
High Sierra is off-topic - This is a Mojave Desktop Support thread.

Brilliant. Using 5.1 MacPro system definition, and removing various patches I'd tried when attempting to get the HDMI/AMD RX580 working (rename GFX0 to IGPU, rename PEGP to GFX0, Change GFX0._ADR to Zero, Rename HDEF to AZAL and Rename HECI to IMEI) and I now have both HDMI (Fit Headless) and DP (my main screen) working properly.

IORegistryExplorer now shows my GFx card as "GFX0@0". Yay!
I just wondering how you do it...My configuration is approximately the same of your but I cannot bypass Sata waning message even followed the guide. My mobo is p7p55d-e nearly the same of p7p55d-e pro and cpu is Core i5 760.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back