Contribute
Register

[Success] Mojave 10.14.6 - Gigabyte Z77-DS3H rev. 1.1 - Intel Core i7-3770K - Intel HD 4000 & Radeon HD 7770 - 1TB SSD

Motherboard
Z77-DS3H Rev. 1.?
CPU
i5-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Usually people post a link to the latest version in the thread of the latest MacOS patch. Like this one.
Thks.
I used the file contained in the "release" zip, is that correct ?
AppleALC-Kext.png

Clover Configurator is a program to easily change the settings of the Clover Bootloader. You can tweak things like Boot flags, graphics card settings, device settings, etc. This program is a graphical way to modify your Clover configuration file.

Given that you have the same motherboard that I do, you shouldn't have to make any additional tweaks to the Clover configuration file if you use mine.
Ok, i will do with your EFI file.

Before new install, i test one thing : I removed/deleted the WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts + update the AppleALC kext with the latest 1.5.3 (from "release.zip" file).
Great news, audio is ok :thumbup:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Results:
Audio: Working
Video HD4000: Working
Ethernet: No Working
USB: Working
Facetime: not tested, but not important
iMessage: not tested, but not important
Sleep: Working
Preview: Working

I only have this ****ing ethernet port that does not want to work :mad:

P

PREngineer

Yes, RELEASE is the one you always use.

Brother! I am happy that you are almost there. If you've got to this point. I would say, don't do a fresh install yet.

Remove all of the Ethernet kexts and try them one by one, like so:

1. Add kext to the "Other" folder. Reboot
2. Check if it works

I would start with the Atheros one.

I noticed that you are using an old BIOS for your motherboard. I upgraded mine to the latest (F11) but I don't think that it should cause any problems.

I have upgraded to Catalina. You should be able to get Catalina working easily too.

Motherboard
Z77-DS3H Rev. 1.?
CPU
i5-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Hello PREngineer,

I tried by removing them both (AtherosE2200Ethernet and IntelMausiEthernet) => It doesn't work
I started by putting the Atheros back on => still not
I finally put the two files back in place => nothing.

I will therefore redo a clean install without using Multibeast.

But before redoing everything, I still have questions:
  • At what point in your Setup Process, should I put the EFI folder on my Mojave HDD ?
  • Do I paste the EFI folder with the 2 ethernet kexts in it ?
  • If I am not using Multibeast, how can I reboot my HDD ? :crazy:
  • What 's boot flags "-x and -v" in your setup process ?
Setup Process:
8. Booted from the new drive using the following boot flags: -x -v
Thks again.

P

PREngineer

Hello PREngineer,

But before redoing everything, I still have questions:

Thks again.
1. At what point in your Setup Process, should I put the EFI folder on my Mojave HDD ?

As soon as you are able to boot from the hard disk using the Installer (Unibeast) USB Drive, you should install Clover in your hard disk's EFI partition and put the EFI in there.

2. Do I paste the EFI folder with the 2 ethernet kexts in it ?

I would say yes, they are working for me and I have the GA-Z77-DS3H rev 1.1.

3. If I am not using Multibeast, how can I reboot my HDD ?
:crazy:

You will boot the first time using the Unibeast USB Drive that you created to install the operating system. It already has Clover installed in it, that's why you can boot the OS. Once you boot the OS from the hard disk, you should install Clover in your hard drive's EFI partition.

4. What 's boot flags "-x and -v" in your setup process ?

-x -v were used to boot in safe mode and in verbose mode.
-X is no longer being recognized, so, it does nothing.
-V shows you text that lets you know what is going on instead of the apple logo when the computer is booting.

Motherboard
Z77-DS3H Rev. 1.?
CPU
i5-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Holalalala ...
I never installed Clover !!?? Nowhere !! I'm really sorry to be a bad newbie.
you already explained that to me :
you should install Clover in your hard disk's EFI partition and put the EFI in there.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand ...
I format my HDD with a single Mac OS Extended Journaled partition (Mojave)
I paste your EFI folder at the root of Mojave. Your folder already contains a "Clover" folder, but I need to do an additional Clover install ? That's right ?
Clover is what emulates the Apple Extensible Firmware Interface (fakes being an apple machine). This is what boots the operating system. Just make sure that you have the latest version installed.
where and which one to choose ? Here ?

P

PREngineer

Yes, those are the Clover installer packages.

You have to boot the OS using the Unibeast USB Installer, once you have the OS running, you run the Clover installer. It will give you options, probably. Select to install in the EFI. Then, after that is done, you mount the EFI partition using Clover Configurator and drop my EFI folder in the right place. That should be it.

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
GTX 650Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've been running with the exact same setup as @PREngineer for years with one exception. I have a Radeon 560 card instead of the 7770. (Same motherboard revision, same firmware version, same processor) Recently, the system has been failing to shutdown properly. It starts the shutdown, goes to a black screen and then shows the little spinning wheel forever but will never finish shutdown. As a result, automatic reboots also don't work.

Do you have any recommendations? I'm including my EFI and also the directory listing of my /Library/Extensions folder

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.9 MB · Views: 41
  • Library-Extensions.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 28
P

PREngineer

I don't know what to tell you. I don't have anything stored in the /System/Library.

I upgraded to Catalina and I am not having any issues with reboots, restarts, or sleep.

The only thing that I have changed is to make sure that I have the latest version of everything, Clover, and kexts.

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
GTX 650Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I don't know what to tell you. I don't have anything stored in the /System/Library.

I upgraded to Catalina and I am not having any issues with reboots, restarts, or sleep.

The only thing that I have changed is to make sure that I have the latest version of everything, Clover, and kexts.
SOLVED: Hard drive filesystem had been corrupted and the OS was never able to shutdown fully as a result. Reformat and reinstall and everything works fine again.