Contribute
Register

[Success] Mojave 10.14.6 - Gigabyte Z77-DS3H rev. 1.1 - Intel Core i7-3770K - Intel HD 4000 & Radeon HD 7770 - 1TB SSD

P

PREngineer

I am not sure what your problem is.

If you have the same hardware it should work as it is with my EFI. I didn't have to do anything other than what I described for it to work.

There are no drivers for nVidia cards since Mojave. That's why you are having issues with it. From Mojave on, Apple moved away from nVidia cards and is using AMD cards.

Hi Pr Engineer,

I plugged two monitor to my nvdivia card gtx660 and when playing my game online it gave me glitches and some of the map looks like broken pixels. And I never get to fix the Intel 4000 onboard graphic you suggested. just use my GTX 660. Now, I'm doing a fresh install. Can you show me or if there is a guide to fix the intel 4000 that you mentioned here? How do you made those changes in Clover Configurator? Do I just install clover, mount EFI and make changes? I have the same motherboard as you. Thanks

19. Included the following details in the Clover configuration file using Clover Configurator:
ACPI > AddDTGP
ACPI > AddIMEI
Devices > IMEI = 0x1E3A8086
Graphics > ig-platform-id = 0166000a
Graphics > InjectIntel
Graphics > InjectEDID
System Parameters > Inject Kexts = yes
SMBIOS > Product Name = iMacPro1,1 (No Preview issues), iMac18,3 & iMac14,2 (Preview issues)
This solved the Intel HD 4000 problem and my monitor was displaying correctly.
It also solved the issue with Preview not loading JPEG files and previews in Finder.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
so for your EFI, all i have to do is to copy and paste yours to my efi folder? I just install a fresh OSX Mojave. at the stage now to load the definition and others. do you suggest I dont load those first but just copy and paste your efi?

P

PREngineer

so for your EFI, all i have to do is to copy and paste yours to my efi folder? I just install a fresh OSX Mojave. at the stage now to load the definition and others. do you suggest I dont load those first but just copy and paste your efi?

Correct, my EFI should have your HD 4000 working.

Just get rid of my kexts for the Radeon HD 7770 (Lilu, WhateverGreen).

Then you have to fish for the kexts for the hardware that is different.

Motherboard
Z77-DS3H Rev. 1.?
CPU
i5-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
1. What is clover?

Clover is what emulates the Apple Extensible Firmware Interface (fakes being an apple machine). This is what boots the operating system. Just make sure that you have the latest version installed.

2. What to do with the EFI folder?

Make sure that you copy the Kext files that match your build to the OTHER folder in the EFI partition of your hard drive. This is basically the "drivers" for your hardware to work properly.

3. Multibeast?

As long as you have the same build that I have and you do the basic install, you can then boot up from the installer pen drive and add the appropriate Kexts in your machine's hard drive and it should work. Multibeast doesn't have all the kexts for all machine builds. That was the purpose of this thread.
Really long time since your answer, sorry, but thank you so much.

Ok for all that, but I don't understand where and when I should use Clover ...

1. I managed to install Mojave.
  2. OS works fine.
  3. So I use Multibeast but the choices, as you told me, are limited.
  4. Restarting on my HD Mojave is working fine.
The audio and ethernet don't work, and I don't know how to do it.

I replaced the "EFI-Backups" folder created by Multibeast with your "EFI" folder, certainly a nonsense, restart, but always same problems.
Your help would be really precious to me.

P

PREngineer

The audio and ethernet don't work, and I don't know how to do it.

I replaced the "EFI-Backups" folder created by Multibeast with your "EFI" folder, certainly a nonsense, restart, but always same problems.
Your help would be really precious to me.
It is weird because your signature says that you have the exact same motherboard that I have.

The audio comes from the 3.5mm jack on the back or the connected one at the front. If you are trying to get audio through HDMI, I can't help since I don't use that.

Here's what I have in my EFI Partition:

Folder: EFI > CLOVER > kexts > Other

1602874402830.png

1. AppleALC.kext - Is the audio driver. This one makes the audio jacks work.
2. AtherosE2200Ethernet - Is for the Ethernet port to work. Not sure which one is the one, so I left them all there. It's not breaking anything.
3. FakeSMC.kext - Is related to the hardware sensors.
4. IntelMausiEthernet.kext - Also for the Ethernet. Not sure which one is the one, so I left them all there. It's not breaking anything.
5. Lilu.kext - This is for my Radeon HD 7770 card.
6. RealtekRTL8111.kext - Also for the Ethernet. Not sure which one is the one, so I left them all there. It's not breaking anything.
7. WhateverGreen.kext - This is for my Radeon HD 7770 card.

Motherboard
Z77-DS3H Rev. 1.?
CPU
i5-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000

Dear PREngineer,​

It's really nice to take time to answer me :thumbup:

• I don't know what version of my motherboard is, but here is a screenshot (on TV) :
MotherBoard.jpg

• For the audio, it's like you, comes from the 3.5mm jack on the back.

• Here is the detail of YOUR EFI file in the finder
Finder-1.png

Finder-2.png

A few comments :
  • My motherboard is set to run OSX 10.9.5 - everything is ok.
  • Could having used Multibeast to configure my choices have had an impact ?
  • Here is my situation at the start of my computer (many choose boot) :
Boot-Maverick.jpg

Boot-Mojave.jpg

thank you again in advance ;-)

Motherboard
Z77-DS3H Rev. 1.?
CPU
i5-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Dennis,

Weird, if you open the EFI and the Clover config using Clover Configurator, you should find the options in the Boot section.

You can probably get rid of the boot arguments if you don't have the Radeon HD card.

On the right, you select the boot partition, the timeout (countdown), etc.

View attachment 441113

Maybe I missed something.
I haven't used it, I don't even know if I have it or how I should do it ...

Sorry for being so bad, I'm a newbie

P

PREngineer

Maybe I missed something.
I haven't used it, I don't even know if I have it or how I should do it ...

Sorry for being so bad, I'm a newbie

It does look like you have the same motherboard that I have. My kexts should work for you.

It is possible that MultiBeast might have added kexts that you do not need which may be causing problems.

It you don't have a dedicated graphics card like mine (Radeon HD 7770) then you should remove the WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts. Those are exclusively for the dedicated Graphics card.

If you don't have one of these in your tower, remove them:

1603300436305.png

If you are installing in a separate partition or a separate drive, I would recommend that you start from scratch. I would also update the AppleALC kext to the latest version just to be sure.

If your system is booting and working, you are almost there. It is just a matter of getting rid of unnecessary kexts and adding the right ones to the system.

Once is properly recognizes the audio kext, you should see the options in the Audio settings, like this:
1603300687970.png

Motherboard
Z77-DS3H Rev. 1.?
CPU
i5-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
It is possible that MultiBeast might have added kexts that you do not need which may be causing problems.
Ok, i will make a new start from scratch without Multibeast.

It you don't have a dedicated graphics card like mine (Radeon HD 7770) then you should remove the WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts. Those are exclusively for the dedicated Graphics card.
Ok, i remove them from your EFI folder before paste on my HDD.

If you are installing in a separate partition or a separate drive, I would recommend that you start from scratch. I would also update the AppleALC kext to the latest version just to be sure.
Where can i find it ?

If your system is booting and working, you are almost there. It is just a matter of getting rid of unnecessary kexts and adding the right ones to the system.
Thks a lot, for your encouragement. I will try this night ;-)

About using Clover Configurator, What's it ? How to use it ? And, do you have any advice for me ?
Thks a lot, again and again

P

PREngineer

Where can i find it ?

About using Clover Configurator, What's it ? How to use it ? And, do you have any advice for me ?
Thks a lot, again and again

Usually people post a link to the latest version in the thread of the latest MacOS patch. Like this one.

Clover Configurator is a program to easily change the settings of the Clover Bootloader. You can tweak things like Boot flags, graphics card settings, device settings, etc. This program is a graphical way to modify your Clover configuration file.

Given that you have the same motherboard that I do, you shouldn't have to make any additional tweaks to the Clover configuration file if you use mine.

You can download here. You can usually find it in the Downloads section of this page.

It looks like this:

1603308551439.png