Ati radeon HD 5850
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SUCCESS] ML + ga-ep43-s3l + core 2 quad 9650 @ 3,6gHz + radeon HD5850

Just to let you know that after Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion I've been able to install happily also ML in my pretty old Hackintosh rig (specs as per title)!

1) built a Unibeast 10.8 ML usb stick and
2) installed the OS; ML install
3) seemed to work flawlessly BUT...
4) at reboot I had the well known and fearsome CMOS RESET bug by AppleRTC.kext, so
5) I manually restored all the bios values (including overclock) to boot my sistem and
6) ran Multibeast with the same options I used for 10.7 Lion. Important: CMOS reset fix has to be used but it's not enough, I had to
7) manually rebuilt kernel cache with
Code:
 sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext -z /System/Library/Extensions/ [code]. In the end I had my system
8) 100% working including Audio, Restart, Sleep and Wake.

Many thanks to all you fellow Hackintoshers!

[SUCCESS] ML + ga-ep43-s3l + core 2 quad 9650 @ 3,6gHz + radeon HD5850

Just to let you know that after Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion I've been able to install happily also ML in my pretty old Hackintosh rig (specs as per title)!

1) built a Unibeast 10.8 ML usb stick and
2) installed the OS; ML install
3) seemed to work flawlessly BUT...
4) at reboot I had the well known and fearsome CMOS RESET bug by AppleRTC.kext, so
5) I manually restored all the bios values (including overclock) to boot my sistem and
6) ran Multibeast with the same options I used for 10.7 Lion. Important: CMOS reset fix has to be used but it's not enough, I had to
7) manually rebuilt kernel cache with
Code:
 sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext -z /System/Library/Extensions/ [code]. In the end I had my system
8) 100% working including Audio, Restart, Sleep and Wake.

Many thanks to all you fellow Hackintoshers!
I want to run Yosemite on this same motherboard, I have 4g ram and a nvidia gt 640 graphics card what should I do (can't boot Yosemite installer using Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back