Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Mini-ITX VESA mount iMac<->Mac mini transformer: i5-7600K - GA-H170N-WIFI - MSI GT 1030

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added few photos, let me know if something is missing

Does the PSU have a brand name on it ? Is it the PICO style form factor or something else. A picture of that might help your readers.

Does the PSU have a brand name on it ? Is it the PICO style form factor or something else. A picture of that might help your readers.
I've found these photos on google of exactly same model. I can make photos of mine next time I'm going to try different motherboard (hopefully soon)

65714318.jpg 65714318-2.jpg

This looks like one of rebranded copies of GTR ATX-200S from (original?) case GTR S101 Case sold in Hong Kong
But neither GTR S101, CiT MTX-007B or InWin BQ656S have built in WiFi adapter and antenna, unlike PowerCool S103-mini or FOX S101, or another copy on Alibaba which do

s101-14.jpg

PSU is bit noisy, and produces a lot of heat. I start wishing of replacing it with something fanless.

Last edited:
Looks good. Now stand by for other's comments.
I've upgraded system with 4k monitor, Asus motherboard capable of overclocking and delivering 60Hz on 4K, and added flexible m2 extender to fit apple wifi in. For now I've just updated thread header with new photos/hardware/install instructions. Should I create another thread with new build instead?

Last edited:
Managed to put in Nvidia GT 1030

0-neu-d5-40ec8944e509060b865771f760cd82cb.jpg 0-neu-d1-dee292549d137348b137e8314d079c7a.jpg 0-neu-d4-aaed5418a1414ea1731157dd0b642ca2.jpg

Try https://sourceforge.net/projects/hibernationfixup/

Also ensure to backup your system before playing with hibernate or just be ready to get it destroyed.

Just spent two days trying to understand why CLOVER would reboot instantly after loading OsxAptioFix2Drv without leaving any errors in log, even after trying to boot different macOS using different Clover on a different drive, on a different motherboard and in a different case.

Problem was, just having disk with broken hibernate physically connected to the system is enough to prevent any high Sierra clover/macOS combination from initialisation.

And the only solution was wiping entire disk from linux.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back