Contribute
Register

[Success] Mini-ITX build GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi + i9 9900K

It
Interesting. Followed your steps and I have no Bluetooth. Not sure why. You didn't have to add any entries into the config.plist?
I suspect you may have some USB problems. What is your motherboard? Did you check in IOREG to make sure that USB is active? Do you have any special USB DSDT? I do not have any USB DSDT file. I don't remember what the BT card was recognized as in ioreg but I can send you my config.plist if you whish. I have not changed it since I got BT with the CNVi card. I just replaced it with a DW1560 and it worked. But yes, I did of course change the mobo from Aorus Z390 Pro ITX to ASRock Phantom ITX. In the ASRock bios I can disable USB ports which is convenient. I have a Louqe case with no front USB.

Ok, just curious as to if your CNVi card is blocked.

It

I suspect you may have some USB problems. What is your motherboard? Did you check in IOREG to make sure that USB is active? Do you have any special USB DSDT? I do not have any USB DSDT file. I don't remember what the BT card was recognized as in ioreg but I can send you my config.plist if you whish. I have not changed it since I got BT with the CNVi card. I just replaced it with a DW1560 and it worked. But yes, I did of course change the mobo from Aorus Z390 Pro ITX to ASRock Phantom ITX. In the ASRock bios I can disable USB ports which is convenient. I have a Louqe case with no front USB.

Ok, just curious as to if your CNVi card is blocked.
Good point. I'll need to get input from @CaseySJ whether the custom USB Map created for the Define R6 case disables HS14 which is associated with the Intel CNVi. My build is based on this gold standard.

Good point. I'll need to get input from @CaseySJ whether the custom USB Map created for the Define R6 case disables HS14 which is associated with the Intel CNVi. My build is based on this gold standard.
On the Gigabyte Designare motherboard we always disable HS14 (on both Fractal Design and other cases) because the Intel CNVi is neither compatible with macOS nor replaceable with a compatible device (afaik). But different motherboards use different USB port mappings. HS14 may be mapped to a completely usable port on a different motherboard, so it's always a good idea to a create custom USB SSDT for each board.

Just for the sake of trial and error, I dropped the custom SSDT and enabled the USB Port Limit patch. BT now appears but won't discover any devices that are in pairing mode. I just don't want to waste a 1x slot on a BT/WiFi card. All I need is my Apple Magic Mouse :D

Just for the sake of trial and error, I dropped the custom SSDT and enabled the USB Port Limit patch. BT now appears but won't discover any devices that are in pairing mode. I just don't want to waste a 1x slot on a BT/WiFi card. All I need is my Apple Magic Mouse :D
If you have no other use for that x1 slot, then it's not a waste! Think of it like this: You paid for that slot so you should use it. :)

I should add that Intel's 10th generation chipset that accompanies Ice Lake features built-in Thunderbolt 3 and WiFi 6. If Apple adopts this chipset next year, there's a chance they will release an Intel WiFI and Bluetooth driver. Whether that driver will work with the CNVi currently on Designare is another story. But it's possible Intel might release a newer CNVi card with WiFi 6. So we might be able to swap the new one in.

Long live modularity.

Have you tried to trash your Bluetooth preferences? I can check my config again. Maybe there are some tips here?

I got it going and did a short write up. I tagged you for some cred. Here's the link:

I got it going and did a short write up. I tagged you for some cred. Here's the link:

Great and informative post! And so kind of you to credit me :)
~asle

hey dude!
following this thread, i've got done!!
thanx!!:)

Back