Contribute
Register

[Success] Mini-ITX build GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi + i9 9900K

Thank you ~~~
I successfully build my own machine by following this guide and the post

but still waiting for the Nvidia driver... :banghead::banghead:

Just a question, is it possibile to add other PCI-e card in order to make WiFi available?

I already bought the above and am still waiting for delivery. I hope it will work with M.2 NVMe key M slot on the back side. Z390i still has USB 2 internal header beside USB 3 header.

I already bought the above and am still waiting for delivery. I hope it will work with M.2 NVMe key M slot on the back side. Z390i still has USB 2 internal header beside USB 3 header.

Hi, you need a NGFF connector (M.2), the back is Socket 3, M key, type 2260/2280 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD Support).

I think you'll need an adaptor like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079NB8J3B/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

But if you manage to make it work with that do not forget to comment as it was!

Also I would like to have WiFi and BT, Greetings, Mark

Hi, you need a NGFF connector (M.2), the back is Socket 3, M key, type 2260/2280 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD Support).

I think you'll need an adaptor like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079NB8J3B/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

But if you manage to make it work with that do not forget to comment as it was!

Also I would like to have WiFi and BT, Greetings, Mark
It depends WiFi card you'll use it. If you use M.2 key E WiFi card like DW 1560/1830, yes, you need that converter (key M to key E).
But, if you use Apple WiFi card, than you still need 1 another converter (key E to apple).
I think, if we use 2 converters, clearance between MB and case is not enough to accommodate apple wifi card BCM94360.

This converter convert key M to native Apple WiFi card directly. So, we just need 1 converter. Clearance will be enough (I hope).

This converter convert key M to native Apple WiFi card directly. So, we just need 1 converter. Clearance will be enough (I hope).

Excellent! I hope it works, please as soon as you try me tags to also try it. Although I am thinking of buying a sdd of 1TB to put back :(

Your USB3 ports are working well? I'm struggling to make it work, I made a usbmap. kexts but I think it's not working at all well

Not build yet; still waiting some part. Converter takes 1 months for shipping (from China).
My plan 2 M.2 NVMe for dual boot. But now I must use 1 slower 2.5" SATA SSD, cause of Apple WiFi card not work on Z390i CNVi M.2

I used this one in the CNVI slot on the Z370N with a BCM94360CS2. It works perfectly. No problems with sleep or wake. I am planning to use the same setup in the Z390I Aorus Pro Wifi. But, I am waiting to get the adapter.

I see no reason why it would work in one CNVI slot but, not on another.

I used this one in the CNVI slot on the Z370N with a BCM94360CS2. It works perfectly. No problems with sleep or wake. I am planning to use the same setup in the Z390I Aorus Pro Wifi. But, I am waiting to get the adapter.

Hello, excellent! I'm also waiting for the adapter from China, as you try it with the z390i Aorus, inform us, it would be great to work! Best regards

Well...Good to know
Sadly as I was told that it it only CNVI only and not compatible with M2.... I changed my MB to Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX...:lol:

Back