Contribute
Register

[Success] Mini-ITX build GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi + i9 9900K

Thanks for the reply. Does it stand for all z390 motherboard?
I Have Z390-I Pro WIFI. I have replaced the built-in WIFI card with Broadcom BCM94352Z.

at last fix:

First:

Second:

Third:

After several times Reboot install,finish fix the problem。
When you See this ,It's OK,Success!!!!
View attachment 378593
Hi wendylam520,
I don't think I can look into the issues you have like CaseySJ can. He's an expert on this.
If I'm in your shoe, I will simply grab a cheap dedicated RX4xx card to by pass the issue (if you still have it).\
Best of luck and first of all try to enjoy the process.

I Have Z390-I Pro WIFI. I have replaced the built-in WIFI card with Broadcom BCM94352Z.
Hey, does Broadcom BCM94352Z take 1 of the onboard two ssd slots?

Hey, does Broadcom BCM94352Z take 1 of the onboard two ssd slots?
No it does not. but you need to disassemble the intel crad (first seperate the small protecting case from the MB and then replace the card and reconnect) I am posting next my exact build, I've just finished installing everything a couple of nights ago. Gotta say, the broadcom card was a recommendation from a friend but it didn't make things easier. I saw that intel kexts are already uploaded to multibeast, when broadcom are not. I had to use Rahab's files for the network. I still have some BT problems, so I think I'll try to replace the card back to the intel one today and update the kexts. Will update.

Success installing mojave:
- z390i pro wifi
- i7 9700k
- corsair vengance lpx 16G 3200 *2
- OnBoard graphics - UHD 630
Installed just a couple on nights ago, used the method that started this thread.
I changed my network card on the MB to broadcom as a friend told me it might be easier to make the wifi work, but it didn't. I don't know which one is easier to set up (intel or broadcom), but I will try to replace the card back to the intel one and try again, since I still have some BT problems.
In general all seems pretty stable, boot is smooth and quick and didn't hit any errors in any of the dozens restarts I did trying to fix the network.
Not working:
Audio - planned to use external SC anyway so I don't really care, but I couldn't fix the on-board audio.
BT - can't find or connect any devices, although the BT is recognized by macOS.
WiFi - had a lot of trouble with this one, I got it working with Rehab's files from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/broadcom-wifi-bluetooth-guide.242423/
I think I'll replace the card back to the intel one and see whats what...

All the rest is working well.

Success installing mojave:
- z390i pro wifi
- i7 9700k
- corsair vengance lpx 16G 3200 *2
- OnBoard graphics - UHD 630
Installed just a couple on nights ago, used the method that started this thread, but took the Clover Configurator settings from here: (!!!only the clover config file settings!!!).
I changed my network card on the MB to broadcom as a friend told me it might be easier to make the wifi work, but it didn't. I don't know which one is easier to set up (intel or broadcom), but I will try to replace the card back to the intel one and try again, since I still have some BT problems.
In general all seems pretty stable, boot is smooth and quick and didn't hit any errors in any of the dozens restarts I did trying to fix the network.
Not working:
Audio - planned to use external SC anyway so I don't really care, but I couldn't fix the on-board audio.
BT - can't find or connect any devices, although the BT is recognized by macOS.
WiFi - had a lot of trouble with this one, I got it working with Rehab's files from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/broadcom-wifi-bluetooth-guide.242423/
I think I'll replace the card back to the intel one and see whats what...

All the rest is working well.
Thanks... If you are also considering USB solution, maybe you can try this
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B008IFXQFU/?tag=tonymacx86c0c-20

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 5.55.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 5.55.25 PM.png
    180.7 KB · Views: 660
Hi wendylam520,
I don't think I can look into the issues you have like CaseySJ can. He's an expert on this.
If I'm in your shoe, I will simply grab a cheap dedicated RX4xx card to by pass the issue (if you still have it).\
Best of luck and first of all try to enjoy the process.

Thanks for your replay
I change the Z390-I motherboard to Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro WiFi that still run good with the Z390-I EFI. I upgraded the graphic card to RX 580,But the graphic card fans just run lazy....not so often.

What doesn't work:
I use the BCM943602CS_3,but not work still for me,I haven't disable the motherboard Intel WiFi. Maybe there is BIOS setting that can be disabled??

What work good:
Sleep and shut down;
sound is OK;
USB front is OK. Back panel USB is OK, too, I think.

17-january-2019 update:
bluetooh and wifi work

BCM943602CS work on 10.14 mojave by change the pci-e to last one。bluetooh and wifi is wok,and i haved unplug-remove intel wifi card.
try different slot is needed, Unmounting the onboard wireless network card does not know if it is necessary。

can see capture here link to:#138

Attachments

• QQ20190116-161848.png
    QQ20190116-161848.png
    142 KB · Views: 634
  • QQ20190116-161949.png
    QQ20190116-161949.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 671
  • IMG_9396.JPG
    IMG_9396.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 676
  • IMG_9397.JPG
    IMG_9397.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 923
  • IMG_9398.JPG
    IMG_9398.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,054
Last edited:
Hey, Guys, two questions.
1. Have you checked all the USB3 speed on the board? As far as I know, this board has much more than 15 USB ports as Apple limited. Some of you mentioned there's third party USB hub. Could you tell me which ports belong to the third party USB chip? Did you guys give up some USB ports as I do?
2. Have you tried to solve all the four video output port on the board? I've tried millions of times. Only DP can be used perfectly, but I can't use them the same time. Could anyone help me to use DP, HDMI, and DVI at the same time?

Back