Contribute
Register

[Success] Mini-ITX build GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi + i9 9900K

works for me:
Снимок экрана 2020-04-16 в 20.03.40.png

Today my new mobo and CPU came, and I install Mojave. But BT and UHD 630 don't work. I know many people decided to buy Broadcam chip, but now I am looking for a possibly solution to work BT. Anyone could do that?

I really did not do much special config. I installed these kexts in

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other/
-FakePCIID.kext (this is the only kext I have here in my setup)

I put these in
/Library/Extensions/
- FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
- BrcmFirmwareData.kext
- BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
- BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext

Now I am aware that placement of these kexts are very confusing since some say to put everything in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other/ (should be safer since you then have a chance of a safer boot from USB in case things go wrong and even Clover Config puts them there) and some write to put everything in /Library/Extensions/. I have success with BT on unsupported cards with both placements. This is really confusing! I read this:

"Having issues?
Some may have issues putting these kexts in the Other folder where the Kexts wont always work or maybe Wifi is working, but bluetooth isn't. With Clover some kexts can fail to properly initiate so you can try migrating BrcmPatchRAM to /Library/Extensions:
Move BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext to /Library/Extensions
Delete BrcmFirewareData.kext from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
Copy BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext from Release folder
Paste BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext in /Library/Extensions"

On my latest build I used a GB Aorus Z390-i WIFI ITX. I just sold it because of the CNVi card. A few days ago, I got a ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac. This had the same CNVi card like the Aorus Z390. I replaced it with a Dell DW1560. I was so glad that this worked out of the box. Both WIFI ac and BT 4! I was a little worried since the notch was the same but the pins were very different. I know the CNVi card is super fast with BT 5. It works fantastic in Windows. So, it is a shame there is no solution for macOS. I have not tested but read that also the ASUS Z390 ITX has this card but can also accept M.2 cards. The Aorus is locked to the CNVi format which Gigabyte support confirmed for me.

I have very good experience with Gigabyte mobos and like the BIOS setup. The ASUS boards are even better I think but often much more expensive. I definitely avoid MSI and always experience more fuss with ASRock but the Phantom seems to be a good mobo. I just never get to like the BIOS setup, a little confusing I think, specially the overclock setups. The GB and ASUS mobos I found easier to understand. Just my opinion though.

Sorry, I got carried away with this long post but hope you got some help :)

I did your steps but Bluetooth doesn't work. The motherboard is same.

Does the built-in wifi work with MacOs ?

Update Today: Upgraded (not much of an upgrade)/Modified to 5500XT, realized that Video Card runs much cooler than the RX570... Choose Gigabyte please.

I did your steps but Bluetooth doesn't work. The motherboard is same.
Hi, this is a long time ago and I now only use Opencore. Have done 5 hackintoshes after this one. It was a learning curve but now that I got the hang of it so much more stable and easy to get things working. What WIFI card are you using?

Hi, this is a long time ago and I now only use Opencore. Have done 5 hackintoshes after this one. It was a learning curve but now that I got the hang of it so much more stable and easy to get things working. What WIFI card are you using?
Thanks fixed. I was using usbports.kext which has been prepared another guy. I have realized that he disabled the internal usb connector. I found any othe kext and it works excepted (not 100% but it is enouh for me. I switched to OC and works great

Now some of the junk bought in WiFi related frustration is starting to drop in via mail from China. I almost forgot but apparently I bought a couple of WiFi cards including the DW1560 which is supposed to work OOB. Still waiting for the NVMe adapter.

I have read the whole thread and seen posts about using the back NVMe M.2 slot for wifi but did anyone try this out? If so, any success?

I am going to try it once I have the adapter in place but I reckon I also need to wire two cables from the WiFi card to the antenna connectors?

Couldn't be happier with this board, it’s really just the annoying wifi part that bugs me

Back