Contribute
Register

[Success] MaxFrister's build: Mountain Lion - ga-z77-DS3H - i5-3750k - HD4000 grapics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. Thanks for the info. I won't spend anymore time on usb ports until 10.8.1.

Did 10.8.1 fix this? Was having the same problem...

Cool. Thanks for the info. I won't spend anymore time on usb ports until 10.8.1.

Hey im on 10.8.1, same build no dedicated gpu. Is usb 3.0 natively supported or do I need to install the drivers via MB?

I have a perfectly good system and I dont want to have to reinstall everything. THX!

*USB 3.0 in the back wont read my usb flash drive*

USB is not natively supported by Apple's Desktop OS X. Apple just released MBPs with USB 3, but not until the desktops are introduced will the USB 3 be supported in OS X. Even then, lots of mobos may not have the same chipset as Apple's desktops.

thelostswede and several of the moderators are working hard to get a kext that works with the majority of the 3rd party (non Apple & Intel) legacy chipsets. Stay tune for news at 11 (as the USA East coast news programs say). :thumbup:

Hey im on 10.8.1, same build no dedicated gpu. Is usb 3.0 natively supported or do I need to install the drivers via MB?

I have a perfectly good system and I dont want to have to reinstall everything. THX!

*USB 3.0 in the back wont read my usb flash drive*

connect the usb3 hub to the back usb3 port ,,, then u will able to get ur usb 3/2 devices to work ;)

USB is not natively supported by Apple's Desktop OS X. Apple just released MBPs with USB 3, but not until the desktops are introduced will the USB 3 be supported in OS X. Even then, lots of mobos may not have the same chipset as Apple's desktops.

thelostswede and several of the moderators are working hard to get a kext that works with the majority of the 3rd party (non Apple & Intel) legacy chipsets. Stay tune for news at 11 (as the USA East coast news programs say). :thumbup:

the intel usb3 control is the same on all ivy bridge cpu right ??

the intel usb3 control is the same on all ivy bridge cpu right ??

On the 7 chipset motherboards, that's true - Intel and sometimes a VIA or Asmedia auxliary chipset. (This is according to a spreadsheet tonymacx86 keeps.) However, the 5 and 6 chipset motherboards use another mixture of chipsets. As I mentioned, thelostswede is working on a definitive article on USB 3 in hackintoshs.

connect the usb3 hub to the back usb3 port ,,, then u will able to get ur usb 3/2 devices to work ;)

What hub? I plugged in 2 USB 2.0 flash drives and nothing comes out. Thx

*note: I didnt install the 3rd party usb 3.0 drivers in MB

What hub? I plugged in 2 USB 2.0 flash drives and nothing comes out. Thx

*note: I didnt install the 3rd party usb 3.0 drivers in MB

Yes, I think he expressly noted USB3.0 hub into a USB3.0 port. USB 3 can read 2/3, not vice versa

Yes, I think he expressly noted USB3.0 hub into a USB3.0 port. USB 3 can read 2/3, not vice versa

ah! ****, sorry for my crappy reading. Thx. Works now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back