CPU
i5-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated from Lion 10.7.5 using the 10.9 Unibeast guide.

Had no problem in creating the USB drive, however i was unable to boot Mavericks from it : It would show the apple logo and grey screen for a split second then my system would reboot.

Spent about 1 day trying all Boot flags combination with no success.
Turns out i had to update my UEFI BIOS to a newer version ( i had 1.20 ). Downloaded the rom from here http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asrock/z68/ and flashed it with no problems.

With the newer Bios the install booted up nicely but my monitor would turn off. Used the following flags to fix that : " GraphicsEnabler=Yes" & " Mode=1280x800x32" ( I got that value by selecting VIDEO INFO from the bootloader dropdown and selecting the highest value there)

From here on the installation went smooth and everything was updated accordingly.
PostInstal i used MultiBeast 6 default No-DSDT settings and then tried to boot up form the Install. Used those 2 Flags again, and it booted up without any problems.

So far it seems to be stable, however i did have some screen tear and artifacts garbage while working in Photoshop.
I plan on a clean install in the upcoming days and will update this guide if i find any problems with that.

So far

Any update on the clean install? I will be coming back to building a hackintosh after many years with a similar system.

Hey mihaivladian,

I installed it as wel on an i72600K with Z68Pro3 (alhtough no Gen3).

I am also seeing some screen tearing and artifacts at times. Any idea why this is and how to help it?

Also, what did you select in Multibeast? EasyBeast/UserDSDT/DSDTFree?

thanks a bunch,
MM

asrock intel 6/7 have no native power management so use dsdt free + nullcpumanagement kext till bios r patched then remove null from S/L/E also asrock have issues with 64mb shared use 32 if using intel gfx use dvi port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back