Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Success Mavericks Gigabyte Z77 DS3H Rev 1.1 i5 3570K AMD Radeon 6870

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z77 DS3H Ver 1.1 BIOS F9
CPU : Intel i5-3570K
Graphics Card : Visiontek AMD Radeon 6870 1GB
Ram : Corsair Vengeance 16GB (8GBx2)
SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
HDD : 1.5 TB, 1Tb, and 3Tb as a Time Machine.
Power supply : Raidmax Blackstone RX 700 Watt

Wifi : Apple MB363Z/A Airport Extreme with PCI adapter
Case : NZXT Phantom White
Monitor : Dell IPS S2440L

Other : Rosewill card reader, Apple USB Keyboard, Logitech wireless mouse, Lite On iHAS124-04 DVD Burner, Corsair Hyper 212 CPU Cooler.

This is my 2nd Hackintosh and I decided to do an update with a clean install with little resources and guides out there, so I decided to make one with my configuration and hardware.

All of the prep work with Multibeast and Unibeast is the same as described in the Tonymac Mavericks Guide found here
, I will explain to you what needs to be done post installation of Mavericks.

I used the HDMI port from my graphics card into my monitor for the entire installation and did not have to change any settings to get it to work.

Here are the steps post installation of Mavericks
1. Reboot, press f12 to go to the boot options screen.

2. Boot with the USB drive, and select your hard drive with the fresh install of Mavericks.

3. Open Multibeast 6.2.1 and select the following items (settings taken from Robbish's post from another thread, thank you!):

Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > With DSDT > ALC887/888b Current v100302

Drivers > Disk > IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.0 TRIM Patch

Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820

Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 Plugins

Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 HWMonitor Application

Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal by Zenith432

Drivers > Network > Atheros - Shailua's ALXEthernet v1.0.2

Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset

Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1

Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options

Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States

Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache

Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1

Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 remixed

3. Remove the USB stick and reboot your system into Mavericks.

Everything should be working: sound, ethernet, sleep/wake, card reader, and USB 3.0.

Other information:

My
org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

It took me a few days to get this all figured out by doing a fresh install on a spare Crucial V4 SSD I had laying around which ran so sluggish, I completely hated it. I had been using an OCZ on this system with the install of Mountain Lion and decided it was time to update since I started to have some system freeze problems after waking from sleep. I decided to buy an updated SSD and went with the Samsung 840 EVO (highly recommend!) and could not be any happier. It runs super fast, even after restoring from my Time Machine drive.

If you decide to overclock remember to disable PLL over voltage in the BIOS to prevent your machine from having issues when waking up from sleep. If you have questions, feel free to ask. I highly recommend everyone to read over the basic install guide from Tonymac so that you will a better understanding of everything, become familiar with the terms, clone your OS hard drive for backups, and always do a test install on a spare hard drive.

Good luck!

Very nice build. My build is very similar. I just installed HWMonitor and fakeSMC plugins via MultiBeast. My GPU temp readings are very high ~62 degrees celsius. Are your readings that high? Im not doing anything except browsing online. I have the same GPU.

Thanks

My GPU temps stay in the 40s range. What type of case do you have?

It's a NZXT Source 210. My CPU runs really cold, in the high 20s. I'm not sure if it is a false read or not. Is the Radeon fakeSMC plugin included in MultiBeast?

I'm just going off of the reading in the HW Monitor that says GPU Die, I don't think there's an option in Mulitbeast for Radeon. Is your GPU fan working on the card?

i know that this is an old thread now but do not use Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal by Zenith432

it is not needed for the Z77-DS3H and i remember that it caused issues for me such as random lockups. USB3 ports will work fine w/o the Zenith432 kext !

i know that this is an old thread now but do not use Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal by Zenith432

it is not needed for the Z77-DS3H and i remember that it caused issues for me such as random lockups. USB3 ports will work fine w/o the Zenith432 kext !
Good point. :thumbup: The GenericUSB...kext is not needed for 7-Series Gigabyte motherboards and newer, especially if the motherboard is running the latest BIOS version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back