Graphics
Sapphire Radeon HD5450 1GB DDR3
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, I want to share how I installed OSX Maverix on an ASUS P5QL-E and Sapphire Radeon 5450

Almost everything is working

1. Created Unibeast USB installation media using the same system with previously installed OSX Mountain Lion the procedure used is the same as described in tonymacx86.com
2. Boot from USB, no parameters needed
3. Used Multibeast selecting Easybeast method and selecting HDA enabler to enable audio
4. Modified Info.plist to enable graphics acceleration for my Radeon 5450 by editing /System/Libary/Extensions/AMDRadeonX3000.kext/Contents/Info.plist and changing <string>0x68E01002</string> into <string>0x68E11002</string> (what I've done here is replacing my vendor id and device id in Info.plist file, my card is under Cedar)
5. Installed AtherosL1eEthernet.kext using kext tools to enable ethernet

atthached chameleon settings I'm using

That's all

I would like to improve audio enabling the front panel on the computer case to use earphones but by now it works and is very stable.

Do no hesitate to ask more in case you need information.

bye

Attachments

• cham.png
    cham.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,331
I have the same motherboard will try to use your method because so far I have used alternative methods :)
Thank you so much guidance, much appreciated
Compliments.

Thank you for sharing.
Same motherboard here with Radeon HD4670.
Did you try to install Yosemite yet ?
Why did you had to modify your info.plist with the vendor and device ID ?
Do you think I'll need to also modify my info.plist for my HD4670 ? If yes, can you be more precise in what to modify ?

Another question: which display interface do you use ? DVI or DSUB (VGA) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back