Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Maverickintosh - Z77-DS3H Rev.1.0 F9 - i5 2500K - HD6850 - 16GB - ML 10.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steps to change the network kext from ALXEthernet v1.0.2 (Multibeast) to AtherosL1cEthernet (1.2.3) :

Download AtherosL1cEthernet (1.2.3) : Link
Unzip it and place it on the Desktop.

Download Kextbeast: Link
Unzip it and place it on the Desktop.

Remove ALXEthernet.kext - In Terminal :
Code:
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ALXEthernet.kext

Run Kextbeast

Rebuild cache - In Terminal :
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Restart

Check that the kext is in use : In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextstat

I think the folder you have is empty.

On about my mac, it was showing the old atheros but now it is saying there are no ethernet cards and as such I have no connection.

Is it just me or am I going mad?

It's you - Look in your Downloads folder for a file called AtherosL1cEthernet.kext and drag it to your Desktop

It's you - Look in your Downloads folder for a file called AtherosL1cEthernet.kext and drag it to your Desktop

Ok done the above but unfortunately It still says no ethernet card.

I've asked you before and I'm asking again :
Which version motherboard do you have ?
This guide is for the Version 1.0.
If as I suspect, you have Version 1.1 then this will not work for you.

Run Multibeast and select the Atheros driver.

I've asked you before and I'm asking again :
Which version motherboard do you have ?
This guide is for the Version 1.0.
If as I suspect, you have Version 1.1 then this will not work for you.

Run Multibeast and select the Atheros driver.

I have 1.0 like you.

I think I may know the problem, or at least partially.

When you wake your build from sleep does it automatically eject any USB devices attached to it?

Before sleep the Ethernet card is fine, no drop outs, multiple speed tests etc but after putting it to sleep,
Voluntarily or automatically, after waking from sleep all usb devices are detached apart from Bluetooth USB
Dongle but the Ethernet also starts to play up with frequent dropouts etc

Any ideas? My guess is something after sleep is wrecking it.

I think I may know the problem, or at least partially.

When you wake your build from sleep does it automatically eject any USB devices attached to it?

Before sleep the Ethernet card is fine, no drop outs, multiple speed tests etc but after putting it to sleep,
Voluntarily or automatically, after waking from sleep all usb devices are detached apart from Bluetooth USB
Dongle but the Ethernet also starts to play up with frequent dropouts etc

Any ideas? My guess is something after sleep is wrecking it.

No, both of my builds sleep and wake correctly.

This thread is about a specific build which has been confirmed by others to work.
I think that if you are having issues, the time has come to start your own thread seeking assistance in the Mavericks Desktop Support Forum instead of clouding this one further with your problems.

Good Luck

No, both of my builds sleep and wake correctly.

This thread is about a specific build which has been confirmed by others to work.
I think that if you are having issues, the time has come to start your own thread seeking assistance in the Mavericks Desktop Support Forum instead of clouding this one further with your problems.

Good Luck

Thanks for your help. I'll do that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back