Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Maverickintosh - Z77-DS3H Rev.1.0 F9 - i5 2500K - HD6850 - 16GB - ML 10.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have to do any edits when using clover? also any Frame buffer issues when u 2 or 3 monitors?

do you have to do any edits when using clover? also any Frame buffer issues when u 2 or 3 monitors?

I have no need for two or three monitors so have never tried (with Clover).

I did try one with two monitors for a while but that was before I switched to Clover.
I had one connected to DVI and the other connected by DVI to a VGA monitor.
They worked quite well and I could watch TV while I was 'working'.

HD6850.png

I drive two monitors with my Son-of Zorro system (Z68X-UD3H / i7-2700K / HD6850). I have to use the main DVI connector and the DP connector. The Yo installation was with the standard UniBeast / MultiBeast procedures. In other words, GE=No (default) and no AtiConfig definitions in the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. The default framebuffer must cause the DVI & DP to be "on" and not the dual DVI work as the default. Never tried the HDMI.

oh i see i use 3 monitors so it might not be very good to get a ATI card then

Hi Pilgrim

Just wanted to ask, why did you use:

Graphics
Added to org.chameleon.Boot.plist
GraphicsEnabler=yes AtiConfig=Duckweed AtiPorts=4
About this Mac now correctly identifies the card as : Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6850 1024 MB
Note : After upgrade to 10.9.2 the Radeon HD 6850 is listed as AMD Radeon HD 6xxx 1024 MB

I ask as I have just done a clean 10.9.5 install and didn't need to add anything regarding Graphics, however, does this mean my GPU is running under its full potential?

EDIT: Just checked my boot.plist - it currently has GraphicsEnabler=No and boots fine, but I feel on Safari it is a bit less snappy, especially when I scroll down it isn't smooth, it flashes then scrolls down.

Hi Pilgrim

Just wanted to ask, why did you use:

Graphics
Added to org.chameleon.Boot.plist
GraphicsEnabler=yes AtiConfig=Duckweed AtiPorts=4
About this Mac now correctly identifies the card as : Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6850 1024 MB
Note : After upgrade to 10.9.2 the Radeon HD 6850 is listed as AMD Radeon HD 6xxx 1024 MB

I ask as I have just done a clean 10.9.5 install and didn't need to add anything regarding Graphics, however, does this mean my GPU is running under its full potential?

EDIT: Just checked my boot.plist - it currently has GraphicsEnabler=No and boots fine, but I feel on Safari it is a bit less snappy, especially when I scroll down it isn't smooth, it flashes then scrolls down.

IIRC This build guide was published on the day that Mavericks was released and reflects the situation then.
In the meantime many things have changed and I no longer use Chimera or Mavericks.

Hi P1LGRIM. Quick question... are you by any chance still using your HP NC360T Dual Ethernet Card, or have you moved back to on-board Ethernet? I'm currently using WIFI but would rather use Ethernet as its quicker. Reason why I'm not using Ethernet is because i have lock ups with on-board Ethernet.

Hi P1LGRIM. Quick question... are you by any chance still using your HP NC360T Dual Ethernet Card, or have you moved back to on-board Ethernet? I'm currently using WIFI but would rather use Ethernet as its quicker. Reason why I'm not using Ethernet is because i have lock ups with on-board Ethernet.

Yes, I still use the NC360T.

Im thinking of getting one. Any known problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back