Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Maverickintosh - Z77-DS3H Rev.1.0 F9 - i5 2500K - HD6850 - 16GB - ML 10.9

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I followed this post with the same hardware but an Geforce GT 640 and I get a "no signal" after i make the MultiBeast post install changes....anybody has any idea?

According to your profile you have a different CPU and a different Graphics Card from the parts used for this build.

If your processor is an i5 2400 then you will need to disable VT-d in your BIOS (or use boot flag dart=o).

Connect with DVI - VGA is not supported.

Boot with -v -x dart=0

It's probably a good idea to start a new thread and post a good quality picture of your screen when it stops.

Good Luck

Semper Edam

Motherboard
GA-Z77-DH3S
CPU
Xeox E3-1230 V2
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050 TI 4G low profile
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
thanks you for this well-documented guide.
Basically, I have an identical hardware as yours except the CPU and video card. I managed to install Mavericks by following this guide without too many difficults.
Just one minor issue with my Hakintosh:the USB 3.0
I have tried the USB 3.0 patch driver from latest Multi-beast but also the latest version from Hakintosh community. It gave me the same situation, it only works when I disconnected the USB 3.0 drive and re-connected it again. If I connect this drive before I boot into Mavericks, it will never be mounted to the system.
do you have same problem?

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Basically, I have an identical hardware as yours except the CPU and video card. I managed to install Mavericks by following this guide without too many difficults.
I have tried the USB 3.0 patch driver from latest Multi-beast but also the latest version from Hakintosh community. It gave me the same situation, it only works when I disconnected the USB 3.0 drive and re-connected it again. If I connect this drive before I boot into Mavericks, it will never be mounted to the system.

At the moment I don't have any USB 3 peripherals so, no I don't have the same problem.

Thanks for the feedback though and Good Luck with your build.

Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H rev.1.0
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

I have a number of USB 3 peripherals. Very rarely do I see this issue at boot. I've actually found that USB 3 will work just fine without installing ANY drivers. Mavericks seems to find the USB 3 just fine on its own.

Motherboard
GA-Z77-DH3S
CPU
Xeox E3-1230 V2
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050 TI 4G low profile
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
thanks for sharing your experience.
I had the same feeling that USB 3.0 is working native when I just fresh installed Mavericks 10.9. But after I updated the system to 10.9.4, the latest version, using the System update. USB 3.0 stopped to work any more. I needed the modified kext to make the USB 3.0 port working but need to reconnect my Time Machine Driver every time I reboot my system.

Motherboard
Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-2500
Graphics
HD 6870
Works even with Gigabyte Z77-DS3H Rev 1.1, had no problems during the installation or while using MacOS. USB3 is working after using Multibeast, ethernet was usable natively!

(Other hardware - CPU: Intel i5 2500, graphics: AMD HD6870, 8GB RAM)

Thanks!

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Works even with Gigabyte Z77-DS3H Rev 1.1, had no problems during the installation or while using MacOS. USB3 is working after using Multibeast, ethernet was usable natively!

(Other hardware - CPU: Intel i5 2500, graphics: AMD HD6870, 8GB RAM)

Thanks for your feedback - Enjoy :thumbup:

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys! I was wondering if this works on the rev1.1 version of the motherboard?

Well, that wasn't the case at the time when I first built this which was day one of the Mavericks release,
but Post #89 of this thread suggests that it does now.

Good Luck