Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Maverickintosh - Z77-DS3H Rev.1.0 F9 - i5 2500K - HD6850 - 16GB - ML 10.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you notice that was a reply to a specific individual who stated they had the same set up as me.
Mine is Rev. 1.1 F9 i7 3770 HD4000 graphics. Mavericks
It hangs on the gray apple screen every time.

Yes, but your previous post said :
I can't get mine to boot without -x. I follow this guide on every detail. Also my audio doesn't work at all.

It seems that you don't have a single part in common with this build guide so it isn't surprising that you have run into problems.

My previous advice still stands :
Consider starting your own thread asking for assistance in Mavericks Desktop Support Link
Boot with -v and post a good quality picture of the screen when it stops.

Good Luck with your build

Hai P1LGRIM :)

Thank you for your great Tutor. I Have the same Rig like yours, except for the CPU's and GPU's, i'm using i7-3770K and Gigabyte Geforce GTX 560 OC 1 GB,

OK let me share my experience with your tutor, everything was fine, but because i'm using NVIDIA's GPU, i had to use the GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRootUID=0, when i perfectly load into the installer screen, suddenly.. when the installer time only 21 minutes remaining, it's came the "OSX cannot be installed on this computer", i was panic because i dont know what happen, after 6 hours i tried to reinstall it, i decided to make re-download the OSX Mavericks from the AppStore, and i re-format my Unibeast's USB.

and.. everything was fine, and i had great success with this osx, but something about the sound, i'm not using the same option like yours, because it's not work, so i choose the ALC 887/888 Current blablablabla without DSDT (the same kext like i previously used in my SL and LION).

Thank you very much P1LGRIM ;)

oh yes, i had to fix the Boot, because i got the Boot0 error, but now, everything is clear. i'm using this : http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

MacPro 3,1 is the definition that will be the most stable for most builds.
Different definitions reflect the various hardware configurations and you may wish to try one that fits your hardware the closest.

See http://www.everymac.com for details of different specifications.

Note : Be aware that some definitions that use ECC RAM will cause kernel panics if you select them without deleting /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

So you recommend iMac over Mac Pro? Can I simply run Multibeast at any time to change this?

So you recommend iMac over Mac Pro? Can I simply run Multibeast at any time to change this?

I recommend MacPro3,1 as the definition that will give the least trouble for most people.

It's a matter of personal preference (within reason) which definition you use - For this build iMac 12,1 seems to work well for me.

Yes, you can change it at any time with Multibeast although be aware that system definitions that originally had ECC RAM require removal of the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext as stated previously.

I recommend MacPro3,1 as the definition that will give the least trouble for most people.

It's a matter of personal preference (within reason) which definition you use - For this build iMac 12,1 seems to work well for me.

Yes, you can change it at any time with Multibeast although be aware that system definitions that originally had ECC RAM require removal of the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext as stated previously.

That makes sense, thanks. Also, I noticed you installed a .kext for USB 3? Mine appears to work natively on the same board, though it's not waking from sleep. Should IN install that?

Also, I noticed you installed a .kext for USB 3? Mine appears to work natively on the same board, though it's not waking from sleep. Should IN install that?

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

For the sleep issue - Try adding darkwake=0
You can do it with Chameleon Wizard Download Link

Good Luck

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

For the sleep issue - Try adding darkwake=0
You can do it with Chameleon Wizard Download Link

Good Luck

darkwake=0 solved the issue of my display not waking up, but I still didn't have USB.

Also, thanks for always writing back so fast! Very helpful. :)

but I still didn't have USB.

What USB peripherals are you having problems with ?

If it's keyboard and mouse, I use the two ports adjacent to the PS/2 connector for mine and have no issues.

If that still doesn't work, you could try the USB 3 from Multibeast or GenericUSBXHCI.kext v 1.2.8d7 (Google for a source).

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back