System
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Motherboard: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R [rev2.0 FB]
CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: SAPPHIRE RADEON HD6670 1GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek ALC889
Storage: Samsung EVO 850 SATA III

Note: If you have the same motherboard, connect SATA III to Marvel ports at your own risk. I connected to Intel SATA II port, speed became half, still it's far better than regular HDD.

MultiBeast

MultiBeast v9.2.1

Quick Start > Legacy Boot Mode

Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC889
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.25-333-g05e0f4be.1759
Drivers > Network > Realtek > RealtekRTL8111 v2.0.0
Bootloaders > Clover v2.4k r4173 Legacy Boot Mode
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2

BIOS Settings
# Load Optimum Defaults
# BIOS to ACHI mode
# Save Changes and Exit

Problems & Solutions

# Display Going Black [No Signal from GPU] after Clover Boot

I selected ATI Inject while creating the bootable usb drive with Unibeast. Everything went absolutely fine until I tried to go to the Installer. Looked like Clover booted fine, but after that, GPU stopped responding and screen went black/blank. Many people here suggested Lilu + WhateverGreen, didn't help.

Finally, THIS REPLY saved my day! I could see the installer and install Sierra.

Then again, when I tried to boot from SSD, again I had to do this tweak in Clover. Then I opened my Clover config.plist with Clover Configurator. Unchecked all fields in this field: [Check Attached Image]

That resolved this issue for me.

# Ethernet not working after MultiBeast

This was super strange. Ethernet was working absolutely fine until I installed RealtekRTL8111 v2.0.0 driver with Multibeast. So I tried with other LAN drivers available for Realtek in this Multibeast version. Nothing helped.

Then, THIS REPLY saved my ass!

So far that's all what I did to run a smooth Sierra on my old machine. Share your problems or suggestions if you have similar hardware.

Happy Hackintosh... !

Attachments

• config.plist_config.png
    config.plist_config.png
    232.8 KB · Views: 951
Hi SplintX.
I've done a similar build with my old system, but Radeon HD 5770. Works nicely, although I have dreaded shutdown problem (won't shutdown). Have tried all the usual approaches to dealing with shutdown.
Does your machine shutdown ok?

Well done.

Eco

System

Note: If you have the same motherboard, connect SATA III to Marvel ports at your own risk. I connected to Intel SATA II port, speed became half, still it's far better than regular HDD.

MultiBeast

MultiBeast v9.2.1

Quick Start > Legacy Boot Mode

Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC889
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.25-333-g05e0f4be.1759
Drivers > Network > Realtek > RealtekRTL8111 v2.0.0
Bootloaders > Clover v2.4k r4173 Legacy Boot Mode
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2

BIOS Settings
# Load Optimum Defaults
# BIOS to ACHI mode
# Save Changes and Exit

Problems & Solutions

# Display Going Black [No Signal from GPU] after Clover Boot

I selected ATI Inject while creating the bootable usb drive with Unibeast. Everything went absolutely fine until I tried to go to the Installer. Looked like Clover booted fine, but after that, GPU stopped responding and screen went black/blank. Many people here suggested Lilu + WhateverGreen, didn't help.

Finally, THIS REPLY saved my day! I could see the installer and install Sierra.

Then again, when I tried to boot from SSD, again I had to do this tweak in Clover. Then I opened my Clover config.plist with Clover Configurator. Unchecked all fields in this field: [Check Attached Image]

That resolved this issue for me.

# Ethernet not working after MultiBeast

This was super strange. Ethernet was working absolutely fine until I installed RealtekRTL8111 v2.0.0 driver with Multibeast. So I tried with other LAN drivers available for Realtek in this Multibeast version. Nothing helped.

Then, THIS REPLY saved my ass!

So far that's all what I did to run a smooth Sierra on my old machine. Share your problems or suggestions if you have similar hardware.

Happy Hackintosh... !

what do you mean about the marvell ports and ssd’s?

System

Excellent thanks for the write-up! I have the same board as you and I'm working through the same black screen issue right now. Are you using a DSDT.aml or is everything in your clover config.plist? When you set "Inject ATI" did you have to select a frame buffer and/or an ATI hex code fake ID to get your card to be discovered? I'm currently using Lilu + Whatevergreen but it's not helping me overcome the black screen at the installer.

Since you identified as a iMac14,2 how are you overcoming not having any onboard graphics? I've read many posts on this forum about "blind booting" or waiting for the iGPU to hand off to the discrete PCIe graphics card. On my build I seem to have the opposite issue... I can see the entire boot process up until the installer should be displaying and then I get the black screen. Would it be possible for you to share your config.plist (minus your serial number of course) so I can see how you've managed to overcome this road block?

what do you mean about the marvell ports and ssd’s?
He means stay away from the white colored SATA ports at the bottom of the board. Connect your SSD to one of the blue ones instead.

Hi, i have similar specs and i stuck on this. I followed tutorial for mojave to make bootable usb. Is there a detailed guide for this motherboard?

Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. X58A-UD3R (Socket 1366)
Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz
Bloomfield 45nm
12.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 710
SSD 223GB Crucial

Attachments

• 1CEE0F84-4DDE-4940-A0D8-814710E4D84D.jpeg
    1CEE0F84-4DDE-4940-A0D8-814710E4D84D.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back