Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] macOS Sierra 10.12.1 | Gigabyte GA-170X-UD3 Ultra | Intel i7-6700k | GTX 950

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the "Idiot's Guide..." verbatim and had no issues at all. Sorry, that's probably not what you wanted to hear. I guess I got lucky.

I got it working, I am curious though if you saw any values for ROM or Motherboard when you ran iMessageDebug (if you followed it exactly you should. have saved the .txt output. Also if you can check to see if your EFI/CLOVER/drivers64.efi contains EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. I'm trying to fully understand what is required. I have seen some guides that don't generate a board serial number and still work...but they maybe outdated...thanks!

Following this build guide, do you have audio via the displayport working? I followed this guide and the DP audio through my monitor doesn't want to show up. I have almost the identical setup, except Intel 600P drive (NVME) as a boot drive and a Dell U3014 with some speakers plugged into the Dell.

Anyone following this build have issues with USB 2.0/3.0 speeds? Seems like I'm getting usb 1.0 type speeds on all ports..
W/R of around 35mb/s - 40mb/s

Following this build guide, do you have audio via the displayport working? I followed this guide and the DP audio through my monitor doesn't want to show up. I have almost the identical setup, except Intel 600P drive (NVME) as a boot drive and a Dell U3014 with some speakers plugged into the Dell.
I did not test audio over DP or HDMI as I am using a speaker connected directly to the audio out port. If I can find some time to check this, I will do so and report back.

Anyone following this build have issues with USB 2.0/3.0 speeds? Seems like I'm getting usb 1.0 type speeds on all ports..
W/R of around 35mb/s - 40mb/s
All my motherboard USB ports (including the USB 3 header) are consistently getting around around 115-120 MB/s read/write transfer rates. These are using a cheap WB MyPassport USB3 portable drive. Are you using thumb drives? I've had wildly varying results with them.

Thanks ALMart. Really appreciated your instructions on this thread

Figured it all out and everything is running A+ so far.
Was an unrelated issue w/ my m.2 drive. solved that and the rest came through without problem

Do you guys know if the display port will work for thunderbolt 1-2 Drives? Or can it be used for a thunderbolt display>? I have both a TBDisplay and a lot of drives TB1 drives and I'll be using the dedicated USB-C and TB adapter for an Audio Interface already, Thanks in advance for any answers

Ugggg I am striking out seems like fix one problem to encounter another :( can't get my 980ti to boot web drivers. Running Gigabyte GA-170X-UD3 Ultra, Had the Gaming 7 which video worked decent but major audio problems, so I ordered this board and now can't get web drivers to boot. I have clover config tuned web drivers selected, have tried nvda_drv=1 installed latest Nvidia driver, cud drivers, tried ADGPfix, I did manage to get El Capitan to boot with web drivers, but just can't get Sierra to work? Has anyone had this issue? If so please tell me how to overcome it :( begging in tears :(
Ive got Sierra installed on a new NVMe Samsung 960 500g, which is wicked quick and El Capitan on a 850SSD, the new 960 boots and works great, thought it might be the prob and installed to another SSD but same issue, I select Nvidia web drivers in the preferences and reboot, and it goes right back to OS X ad shows 15MB display in about my Mac , and no its not the glitch I have no acceleration? choppy nasty screen. :banghead:

UPDATE: Im so STUPID!!! 7 years of building Hackintoshes and I missed the EMUVariable in Clover !!!!!! UGGGGG Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:
ok so now that everything working 99% I obviously figured out the nvram issue with the 980ti and am getting great frame rates but theres an intermittent sputter in audio & video when video changes like when gaming and the new scene loads.. Also my iMessage is broken and won't let me sign in says an unknown error every time I try to enter my pasword? Any suggestions ?

Looking at getting this board with an i7 6700 and using onboard hdmi or DP (at least near term).

Anybody get audio working via onboard hdmi or dp?

And if I got a regular vid card down the road, would audio work via the card's DP out? Or is that card specific?

Almart,
Thanks for the guide. I was going crazy until I found it. 2 questions:

1) I lose audio after sleep. Did you run into this problem?

2) any idea why simply using multibeast for audio isn't sufficient? I.e. Why do you have to run the script?

Thanks again,
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back